main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sunday's Meeting Response/Comments

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    "Of course getting to meet some of our newest member was great (even Chunk)."

lol, not you dave, I believe that would be Jen's summary :)

2. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    wait, who said something about disapproving of a jedi playing wtih a lightsaber or something??

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ah QGD the fourth man we can tag team

4. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    sounds like a plan... ive been studying up on my aikido and broomstick fighting skills. hmm i wonder if you guys/girls even know which one of those three teenagers i really was... anonymity... its nice.

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I HAD A GREAT TIME AS USUAL . IT WAS A PLEASURE TO MEET EVERY ONE I HAD'NT MET YET . BRAVO... COOL CAT . CHUNK AND PAM ... NOT WHAT I EXPECTED . OBI WANNABI ... NICE HAIR . LEWIS BLACKS SISTER (I AM BAD WITH NAMES )... SURLEY PRETTIER THAN LEWIS .

ZOO , TIM , TERRY , JOEY , BILL , SARAH , CORRY , AND DAVE . IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN .

I WISH WE HAD A CHANCE TO MEET YOUR MOM BRAVO . HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO MORE MEETINGS . IF YOU NEED A RIDE LET US KNOW . IM SURE BETWEEN ALL OF US WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT .

I FEEL VERRY LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND A GROUP OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS . IM NOT JUDGED , AND NOONE ELSE IS . MY FRIENDS DONT SHARE MY OBSESION . SO I FOUND NEW FRIENDS .

JGoC...IS THAT BETTER ?

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ahh... thanks Hair! ;)

Yeah, I agree with Jeff. Finding such a group that doesn't tease you for being such a geek is great.

So that was QGD out there laughing at Cory? [face_laugh] Too bad we didn't follow up on my suggestion and go out there and massacre them with the sabers. Would have been interesting to see ;)

7. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I DIDNT EVEN KNOW HE WAS THERE . YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THEM IN TOO . THE MORE THE MARRIER .

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    QGD: I'm glad to ahve "met" you. LOL. I was just being myself, but you shoulda said something. :b

OW Update: we closed on the house today, get the truck Tues and leave Weds AM. Off to Tatooine... er... Phoenix.

It was great getting to meet new folks and say bye to old friends! I'll still try to get up here for Kempe. :D

OW

9. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    DUDE , YOUHAVE TO COME UP FOR THAT . OR ALL FOR WHICH YOU FRIENDS HAVE FOUGHT WILL BE LOST . JUST KIDDING . BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE YOU IN COSTUME WITH US .

10. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    wait just one second...

laughing at the lightsabers?

i may have been laughing...

my friends might have been laughing...

but NOT because you guys had sweet lightsabers...

i was showing them my extensive knowledge of star wars pants quotes... hey its what i do best...

but if its a lightsaber fight you want...

then bring it on

cause Qui's been Drinkin!

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    DONT WORRY , THEY'LL HOLD TOGETHER . HEAR ME PANTS , HOLD TOGETHER

12. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    That one gets my "Best in Pants" vote, DH!!!!!

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    BLAST THE PANTS, KID!!!

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    That's great, pants...don't get cocky!

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    aikido? *stifles a laugh* bring it on harmony boy!

(yes, I'm kidding)

16. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    dont #$@% up my ki! (chi)

17. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    ha ha jeet kune do baby that the way to go . all though I have studied in years.

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, yeah, I know what ki is, I took Kempo for a few months and had to learn a few japanese terms.

I love saying that to my friends "you better shut up now because you're ****ING up my CHI!!"

Chunk: that's cool, my Kempo instructor was also int JKD and incorporated a lot of it into our class.

How long did you study? I took Ju-Jitsu (combo japanese/brazilian & a little standup thrown in), and some Kempo.

19. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah, ive got lots of respect for bruce lee's fightin style.... very cool... i just like aikido since its a soft martial art, very passive, very harmonizing (ha like thats a word), and its not aggressive.. very peaceful... and my mind body connection needs work lately.

20. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Yeah, booze'll do that to ya buddy!!

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, Aikido looks like it could be fun, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I usually use martial arts to help release my aggression and aleviate my temper, so I don't think I'd get much out of Aikido...sometimes I just gotta beat the pish out of a heavy bag :)

22. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah i know what you mean JD, beatin the hell out of something is great fun and one of the best stress relievers that i can find... i just like aikido because its the "guiding force" instead of "force on force" type of martial arts... i find it graceful and aesthetically pleasing for some reason when theres little to no real force applied to a fight and you come out victorious... maybe im just lazy

23. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I had studied tae kwon do when I was little studied aikido in high school for about four months but it wasnt my thing then I tried kepo and five animal gung fu for a while and realized that JKD was a style with out a style. I actualy stop going to class when the teacher would not alow me to improvise cause " THATS NOT THE WAY YOU WERE TAUGHT TO COUNTER THAT and I asked him so we are suposed to counter with this block and your oponent knows how to counter that It feels more like dancing.

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I've got about a year of Tae Kwon Do. Moving really doesn't help the learning process tho... :p

My sister was in karate and she was colorado state champion in sparring when she was six. Hehe, she made a ten year old cry.

Now I can beat her up.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Yeah, I was doing karate for just a couple months when I went to my first tourney and I nearly won (1 pt away from 1st...ironic how that ended up with me getting 3rd). I did ju-jitsu for almost 2 years and was still losing bad a tournaments...needless to say I find submission grappling much more challenging and fun, so that's what I tend to stick with these days. Plus I saw a TKD blackbelt try to fight in a Pankration (combo of grappling and karate type fighting), and he got whupped by one of our lower belts...*shrug*.

Either way, whatever style fits you best, just make sure you know your limitations if you ever expect to use it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.