main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sunrise (a Jaina/Jag vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Melyanna, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I wrote this piece in response to a writing challenge several months ago. It's one of my favorite pieces - kind of quirky, not that that's unusual for me. ;) Anyway, this is sometime after the Vong war is over, and from my dear, beloved Jag Fel's POV. :D

Oh yeah... try to find the twenty-some-odd Beatles song titles in this. ;)

*~*~*~*

I never used to believe in miracles. There was no point in them, I thought, and no higher power to bring them about. I didn't necessarily look down upon someone simply because he believed in miracles, but I would look harder for another reason to dislike him. All that changed during the Vong war, in a time when we should have died a thousand times, and yet the long and winding road continued its path through life, and we survived. During that time, I met Jaina Solo, and it was then that I started to believe in miracles. They happen every day, more so in times of trouble, it seems. As we fought side by side in the war, I watched Jaina lose so much, and yet she always came back to live again. Even a trip to the dark side couldn't detain her long - her vibrant spirit kept her from straying too far down the path of destruction, and something brought her back.

It was love, in a cruelly twisted way, that drove her down that path in the first place, and it might have been love that brought her back - love of her family and friends, maybe even me. But something along the way showed her that yesterday can never been regained and tomorrow never truly reached. I am forever indebted to whatever or whoever showed her the way back to today's battles, because without that spark within her, we'd likely both be dead now, and I wouldn't have had the pleasure - or torture, as Jaina sometimes likes to make it - of calling her mine.

Immediately after the Vong war was over, I was called back home by my father on a matter of military urgence. I suspected that his real reason was that I was missed at home, though Father would never openly admit that. In the months I spent at home on Nirauan, I was in constant contact with Jaina - she was my girlfriend, after all. But it was during that time that I realized how much she really meant to me, how much it meant to be alone, just the two of us. Every message that passed between us began and ended with some profession of love, but it wasn't until we were apart that I realized how much that really meant.

Eventually, though, my father and mother realized how much I wanted to be back in the New Republic, and Father petitioned the Chiss leaders to appoint me as representative of the Chiss in their efforts to assist the rebuilding of the New Republic. As I was leaving, my father said to me, "Make sure you bring her home next time."

I laughed, and attempted to dismiss it, as I had never mentioned Jaina Solo in his presence, but I didn't doubt that he knew far more than I had intentionally revealed. Instead of brushing it off, I saluted him. "I will, sir."

During the journey to Mon Calamari, I spent a lot of time in thought about Jaina. She was undoubtedly the only woman I'd even given a serious thought, and I knew that I loved her - my only problem was that I had told myself I had to wait at least an hour before begging her to marry me. After that, I would cross other hurdles. Like getting her parents' permission to marry her.

It turned out that my worrying was all for nothing, because Jaina was on the other side of the planet, on some kind of scouting mission. Unless she'd been out of contact for the last few days, she knew I was coming. If I was reading her right, this was a challenge of some sort, an odd, twisted, thoroughly Corellian way of getting us to come together while still letting her have her fun.

The next day, after obtaining permission from the High Council, I went looking for her. She made herself pretty easy to find, out in an encampment of soldiers waiting to head off for other parts of the galaxy, fixing her speeder in the minutes before sunrise. I watched her from a distance for a while, wanti

2. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    that was really really cute, Mely! i loved it! Jag's such a sweetie!

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great job, Mely!

4. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    Yay! That was too sweet! [face_love]

5. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Ooooo! Yay! Another nice, sweet, and shot ficy! :D

6. stoat

stoat Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
    I like it.

7. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Ah, I remember this viggie [face_love] I guess I could go back to the old thread, I think some people guessed all the Beatles songs ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.