main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sunset [Post-Ep. 2 from Anakin POV, Chapter 2 up 1-11]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ornen, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Sunset

Prologue

"What are we thinking?" Anakin thought, barely realizing that he had just spoken his thoughts aloud.

"What?" Padme replied, her voice as quiet as Anakin?s.

They stood, watching the sunset over the lake. It felt like years ago that they had last watched the sunset there, but it was mere weeks. This sunset felt, somehow, different this time. It felt not beautiful, but dreadfully silent. Anakin gazed out at it. He had just gone against his entire life; he had committed himself to another person, an act that was unspeakable for him. But the old him was gone; setting with the sun. There would be change.

Anakin?s emotions clashed within him like the colors of the sunset ; passion had arisen from his heart, and disrupted the very harmony of the Jedi that was within him. As frustrating as the Jedi Order was, he couldn?t abandon it, and he could never abandon Padme. But was there enough room in him for the Jedi Order and Padme?

The sun set and the colors began to fade away, leaving darkness to fill the sky. "Nothing," Anakin replied, "I was just thinking."

- - - - -

I just kinda wrote this because I felt like it, but anyway, here's a runthrough on what's planned: this is a little post-AotC fic that'll probably follow through the Clone Wars from Anakin's perspective. Expect drama/action/romance.

In terms of the Prologue: I wanted to avoid the standard romance stuff, and am trying to make things a little more personal. This right here is a little (dare I say) foreshadowing and (*gasp*) metaphor.

Also, expect other sections to be longer. This is merely a prologue.

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting start Ornen, I can't wait to see what the first chapter looks like.

JD.

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I look forward to reading this.

You caught my attention with just the prologue. :)

4. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    It's been a little hard getting to work with this over the holidays, but I've gotten some solid work done today. Right now I've got a couple pages of solid stuff, but I don't know exactly how much more it'll be before Chapter 1 is complete. Expect it sometime before Monday.

5. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm having some problems with my computer, so it might come a little later than I planned.

6. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Mostly dialogue so far.

- - - - -

The ship emerged from hyperspace above the mass of life and machinery that is
    Coruscant. The ships free-form, almost liquid, shape reflected the light from
    the sun and from the planet below it.

"You have entered the Coruscant system," a mechanical voice stated, "Please
    identify yourself."

"This is Senator Amidala, returning to Coruscant," Padme replied. She was
    sitting in the cockpit of her Royal Starship. Next to her was the ship?s pilot;
    behind her was Anakin.

"Identity verified. Landing information has been sent," the voice indicated.

Anakin did his best to hide his nervousness. He wouldn?t be able to bring
    himself to tell the Jedi of his marriage ? he chose to keep it a secret. As
    thoughts raced through his head he wondered how long ? if at all ? he?d be able to
    keep his lie going. His life was now a lie; well, at least, one was a lie to
    the other, and the other way around.

By the Force, I?m beginning to confuse myself now! Anakin thought.

His entire world had been ripped apart in less then a month, leaving him
    exhausted, trying his hardest to catch his breath. He couldn?t think clearly ?
    and to make things worse, the galaxy had just spiraled into a civil war. At this
    point, he lacked a plan in any way, shape, or form ? and there was no one for
    him to turn to. Obi-Wan, Yoda, Padme... He didn?t have a neutral party left
    to turn to for advice. No one could help him now... Except for one man.

- - - - -

"Obi-Wan, I?ll be at the temple shortly. Padme and I have just landed near
    the Senate building; I?ll be there in a moment." Anakin ended the call. He had
    one person he had to talk to first. The only person he could trust.

He walked through the hallways of the Senate building. They were at their
    busiest that Anakin had seen them; the political world was in a state of
    escalating confusion, until the recent explosion following the outbreak of the Clone Wars. Now things were worse than ever, without much hope of cooling down
    anytime soon.

Anakin made his way to the Supreme Chancellor?s office, dodging through the e
    rratic traffic in the hallways. Anakin approached the door and gave a quick
    knock.

"Who?s there?" replied an old, yet powerful, voice.

"I?m back."

"Anakin!" the door slid open, revealing an elderly man, "How have things been
    going for you lately?"

"I don?t know..."

"Do you not know, or do you not wish to tell me?"

"I?m just confused," Anakin replied, "Chancellor, I don?t know where to go with my life. I see a split path ? the way of the Jedi, or the way of love.
    They run in opposite directions ? and if I take one, I must turn away from the
    other, something I cannot bear to do."

"I see..." Palpatine frowned, "Well, have a seat, and let?s talk." The Chancellor led Anakin into a living room area, where he sat down on an expensive-looking chair. Anakin sat down in a chair near him.

"Well, if you have two paths, and you can?t go down either one, perhaps neither are right for you," Palpatine added.

"What are you suggesting?"

"I?m not suggesting anything right now. I?m simply saying that perhaps you need to find a new path."

"Do you have any suggestions?"

"I can not choose your path for you. You will have to find your own path ? and you will, in time."

"And where do you think I should look?"

"I have nothing more to say on the matter."

"Do you have anything to say on any other matters?"

"What would you like to know about? The galaxy?s gone to hell, in case you missed the news."

"Where do you think will happen?"

"The Seperatists have little chance of victory, but do not expect an easy fight. This war will most likely last a few years."

"I must be going now ? I?m expected at the temple."

"Well, goodbye Anakin. I expect to see you again, and I hope that things work out somehow for you. This is an era of change, Anakin ? and with change comes
    choice. Remember Anakin, I will always be here for you."

"Goodbye," Anakin walked out the door.

- - - - -

"Anakin! Whe

7. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    *bump*

8. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Interesting stuff! You caught my attention as well :D

9. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This is interesting so far. I always love a good Anakin story.

One suggestion--your dialogue starts to get confusing because you don't qualify it with who is speaking. To do it with each line gets redundant, but I'd try to stick it in there from time to time for the reader's sake if I were you.

Otherwise, great beginning. Can't wait to read more!

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Interesting first chapter, Ornen. Ani and Obi are going behind enemies lines, huh? That doesn't sound like a good thing, but should make for some excitement. Nicely done, and I can't wait for more.

JD.

11. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Due to ongoing technical difficulties, I haven't been able to get as far with this as I would like. Expect, however, the next Chapter by the end of the weekend.

12. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    OOOOO, I'M STAYING!!!!!!!!!

13. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Chapter 2

Hyperspace.

The definite blue streaks of movement. Progress.

Going somewhere.

But can you go anywhere without ultimately leaving something behind?

Can you refuse to go anywhere?

Can you avoid the cost?

Can you continue to live?

- - - - -

Anakin stepped away from the window. The Jedi Masters always said that the force will guide any Jedi... But where is it guiding me? he thought, Somewhere. But is it where I want to go?

Should I leave the force? Choose my own path?

But where can I go?

Anakin felt almost helpless. His life was controlled by a power he had no control over, an undeniable power that was around and within him. He could touch it, feel it, tamper with it. But ultimately, a Jedi doesn't control the force; the force controls the Jedi. But what happens when the force holds the Jedi back? he thought, The Jedi must break free. The Jedi must take control.

That moment, Anakin decided that he would harness the force. The Jedi would control the force, and in doing so, he would be able to control himself.

- - - - -

"I suppose the Hutts are expecting us?" Anakin asked.

"Hopefully not," Obi-Wan replied, "We can tell them to expect us if we want to, but right now, I'm keeping our options open."

"What are our options?"

"We could tell them that we're Jedi sent from the Temple, then go there and look around. We could not send out any notice, and announce ourselves when we get there. Or we could just pretend to be civilians the entire time and investigate undercover. Which way would you prefer?"

"Let's not arouse any attention yet. We can announce ourselves if we need to," Anakin decided, "How long until we arrive?"

"We should arrive in a few hours."

"Sounds good."

- - - - -

The passenger ship drifted lazily through the skies of Nal Hutta, gently breaking through the smoggy atmosphere. It approached a landing pad and set down, lowering its boarding ramps.

Two relatively inattention-drawing cloaked figures stepped off amidst a mass of people and aliens of all shapes and sizes. As they walked towards the exit, they suddenly came to a halt.

"I think there's a security checkpoint ahead," Anakin pointed out.

"I see," Obi-Wan commented.

"What's our plan?"

"Just let me do the talking," Obi-Wan approached the checkpoint, with Anakin following closely behind him.

As they entered the checkpoint, a Rodian approached them. "(Please stop for a moment,)" it motioned, "(We need to make sure you're cleared.)"

"You don't need to inspect us," Obi-Wan gestured with his hand.

"We don't need to inspect you."

"We're cleared to go."

"You're cleared to go," the Rodian pushed a few buttons on a handheld datapad, signaling them onwards.

- - - - -

In a security center on Nal Hutta, a thin, pale-skinned human suddenly sat upright after hours of watching uneventful screens. He had been trained to watch for things like these, and although he never expected it to happen, it had. He dialed a number into his commlink, and after a few beeps a voice came out.

"What is it?"

"I've identified something in sector Y-39."

"What kind of 'something'?"

"A Jedi."

- - - - -

?Freeze!?

The two Jedi stopped mo ing. ?What do you want?? asked Obi-Wan. They were confronted by a group of five men in wearing a layer of light armor and carrying wicked-looking rifles which neither of the Jedi could identify.

?Come with us,? one of them, apparently the group?s leader, replied.

?What do you need us for??

?Security checks.?

?You don?t need to check us,? Obi-Wan motioned with his hand.

?We don?t need to check you.?

At that time a group of three more similarly equipped men approached the two Jedi.

?Don?t try any tricks. We know who you are ? Jedi.?

?So what do you want with us??

?We want to know what you want with us.?

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Good to see chapter two up! I like this, and your look into Anakin's thoughts is quite well done. I'm wondering what's going to happen to Anakin and Obi-Wan, but that's the point isn't is? lol! I'll be back when more is, great job.

JD.

15. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    This fic is not dead. Expect a new part soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.