main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Sunsphere on AOTC IMAX poster?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Padawan519, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    There's something those of you who don't know me need to know. I'm lazy. So, I'm not gonna post a link to the AOTC IMAX poster. You'll have to find it yourself.

OK. Taken a look at it? Is that the Sunsphere in the foreground? Underneath Yoda, you see all the monuments-Empire State, Golden Gate, Arch, etc.-could that be our beloved Sunsphere included? Most likely not-I think it's some thing in Dallas, but it's fun to think it might be :)

2. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I too saw that. Pretty cool. If only Knoxville did have an IMAX, they could have included the Sunsphere.

3. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I showed the poster to my mom and dad, who've been to Dallas for chiropractic stuff, and to my brother, who had an unscheduled layover there September 11, 2001. They all think it's that monument there. But I'm holding on to the hope that it is indeed our beloved Sunsphere :)

It would've been ever cooler if they'd put Neyland Stadium on there, it's very recognizable.......

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    It's recognizable to people *around here*... Most of the rest of the country would only recognize it as a stadium... UT ain't THAT big, guys....

Fenn

5. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    DOH! Now I have to find the poster! But I love our Sunsphere. I think it looks just fine!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.