main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Sup fellow Calgarians !

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GWPGearWorx, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GWPGearWorx

GWPGearWorx Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Wow... Finally a place to talk with local SW fans and independent film makers.

Anyone local have a project in the works. SW or otherwise ?

Well I am off to bed I have to be at work in 6 hours hahaha.

Take care.

2. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    I guess not hey ;)

3. Bezo

Bezo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2003
    I'm an independent film composer, not an independent film maker. ;)

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm always in lightsaber production. My next project is a double bladed one. Still debating what color to make the blade though.

PreludeRM

5. Bezo

Bezo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2003
    Teal!

6. GWPGearWorx

Feb 5, 2002
    You build your own sabers ? What would it take for you to make me 2 sabers for production purposes ? 2 hilts and the attach / detach blade ?

I am debating about making a SW fan film. But my current props are not up to par.

Reply here or PM me please.

Thanks

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    GWPGearWorx, Got your message. sorry I didn't respond earlier. Time is the kicker. I have had this double saber of mine on the go since halloween and have not got any farther on it yet. As for making hilts like the ones I make they are actually not too hard to build. I started with this link here
    Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box Light
    This site has tutorials on how to build the hilts and I just went from there. From there I added a polycarbonate 3/4 tube and the EL Wire into the blade there was my first EL Saber. These ones I have would work OK for Props. The blades are pretty much indestructible being Polycarbonate. I could always change it out for any type of 3/4 inch tubing.

In the next few weeks some time will begin to free up as my sons soccer ends and I'll have a few minutes to spare. I might get this double one going again.

PreludeRM

8. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Hey all... I'm a calgarian in the states for university... :)

My friends and I are going to make an Indy movie this summer. It's gonna be a Counter Strike spoof w/ some memorable lines from SW, Clerks, Indiana Jones & some other movies.

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Great to see another Calgarian on the board. Eventhough your not here on cowtown.

PreludeRM

10. Rinannonwen

Rinannonwen Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2003
    Wow, I have been gone for a while. I am glad there is a board for us Calgarians now. Though I am sorry I was not here to see it started. I got frustrated with the lack of posts going on in the praries and stopped coming months ago. Anyway I was watching Attack of the Clones the other day and thought I would see what was going on. I was stunned to see that there was not a calgary board.

On the topic of projects I was considering starting on some costuming. I was thinking I would like some jedi robes. I am just not sure that I should be starting on that right now. (I've been kind of busy lately and have made some expensive plans to go the the UK with my sister)

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad to see another person from Calgary. As for costuming I think that would be good for some of us if we could get together and throw ideas around. Or I guess this is what this board can be used for as well.

PreludeRM

12. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Hey there Fellow Calgarians,

Just saying a quick Hey and it is kewl too see a fan force group here in calgary.

13. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    So what's everyone doing this week? How's the weather down there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.