main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    We had a six months' out planning and news thread, and here we now have the official SupaNova organising thread.

They're moving across the street to have the Expo "all on one level", they say on their website. Mainly due to them nearly having to lock the doors last year, due to more people than expected rocking up on the day. This means it will be in the Exhibition Building (closest one to the gate for those who know the area).
    This may mean that the guests and cosplay could be in the Coffee Club Auditorium (where the cosplay and Anime screenings were last year). Not sure on that.

The preview night will happen again this year.

Guests:
    Billy Dee Williams - LANDO.
    Clayton Watson - The Kid from Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions.
    Marco Nero - Conceptual designer from Happy Feet and 300.
    The usual phalanx of Anime artists and actors; Gaming studios and voice actors; Comic publishers, artists and inkers.

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Marco Nero?!! Wow, I remember him showing me his potential concept work for 'Attack of the Clones' back in the day but he was never hired. He pretty much started out by doing the comic panels in the Bounty Trail fanfilm - Good for him!

If this is in April, I might try to arrange my trip back to coincide with the weekend... It'd be great to meet Billy Dee!

3. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    It would be good to have the monkey back in town for Nova.

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    LANDO LANDO LANDO! :D

:p

5. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    LANDO!!!!!

Marco is pretty awesome, he was there last year taking photos of people. I'm friends with his wife Rena :D She's an awesome costumer!!

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Wife Rena? I wonder what happened to Alison. [face_whistling]

7. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I've been photoshopping for a t-shirt for Supanova, this is what I came up with -
    [image=http://content.imagesocket.com/images/PinkohippieBSGshirta33.jpg]
    Keep in mind that it's a rough 20 minute version.

So, were those of you who wanted to make t-shirts, would you be interested in getting these actually screen printed? All my t-shirts that I've made are peeling and fading, and I'd like to have something done really well.

8. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    Ooooo, a convention. I haven't been to a convention in .... well, never. So I'm totally there!

9. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    lol

10. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    :cool:
    thats cool, M_S!

11. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    I'll be there, all Costumed up for Novus Ordo and other groups/people. Grievous Invades Brisbane Supanova, his home town :D

12. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I'll be there, with perhaps a few more SAFFers in tow ;)

It's good to see that Rena and Marco will be there :)

13. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    Although i have asked him on MSN, i can ask Marco in person, "why do the female penguins in happy feet have cleavage?"

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    A valid question, and one that's troubled me as well.

My Nova plans are up in the air at the moment. I hope to attend, but it looks unlikely currently. We'll see what happens.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I'm figuring that there wasn't really THAT much I loved about Supanova last year other than that we were all there dressed up really cool and got to hang out alot. If we do indeed have to pay to do that and have others go..oooohhh cool, I'm there. Padawan will be a me a little bit so I'll have to organise some clothes for him too, but 3 day pass here I come.

I have my xmen leather jacket that I'll much around with til it'll do for Jean in leather ( night time outfit) and I'm still looking for my red stuff for her crazy phoenix outfit. I'd still love to do simple battlestar singlet over t-shirt and flight pants, and there's always my Zoe outfit.

Love being geeks.

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Just a quick *bump* to update. The January Newsletter includes:
  17. Aaron Douglas (BSG's Chief Tyrol) will appear at BrisNova, as Last_Chael mentioned.

18. Also announced are:

19. Sandi Finlay:
  20. Farscape (Episode 1), Star Wars Episode III (Palpy's Bald guard), Moulin Rouge (Extra).

21. Dan Bacon:
  22. Stargate SG-1 (Technitian), Supernatural, The 4400, Fantastic Four, Smallville, Tru Calling and Dark Angel, Stargate Atlantis (Dr. Watson, episode to air this year.).

This is on top of the list already compiled, including Billy Dee Williams, Stewart McKenny (Star Wars Comic Artist) and Clayton Watson (Matrix).

23. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I think maybe i'll be one of those who turn up on the day most likely

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Found one piece each of my two main costumes. Anyone finding leather pants in their op-shopping garage saling flea-marketing ventures is welcome to ring me!

Also the summer stock in teh stores is selling out and didn't find singlets for the BSG basic outfits. If anyone finds a stash of singlets/racer back singlets on sale, lvoe to hear about that as well. Big W had stacks but can't find em anymore!

good luck to all in their costume quests.

25. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    My sewing schedule is officially full. Have to have some time to finish my own as well as the paying customers. Peeps are still more than welcome to approach me for advice or guidance getting their projects finished though 'k!

26. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Found another bit for my Phoenix costume...cooooool. Now to the actual altering and sewing parts I need to do. I like the hunting/gathering section of this costuming thing..the rest,not so much.

Can I dye my hair bright red yet??

Oh and I saw the most beautiful two piece gold wedding dress/evening outfit at Endos at lawnton today for $20. If I had more money I'd have bought it. Size 12, and lovely. If you like that like that kinda thing. Corset/halter neck and gold a-line skirt. If anyone wants t I'm happy to go get it tomorrow. Sorry I know that was all uncalled for. I'm channeling IC..AAARRRGHHHHHH ;)

27. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    "Code Blue! Code Blue! Goobs has gone into Cardiac Arrest!!!"

No, wait, he's okay now.
    [face_laugh]

28. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Ha

Didn't even cross my mind. Just thought it was a cool set!

*reminds herself how to give GOobs a cardiac arrest

29. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005

YAY!!!!!!!! I'M CONTAGIOUS!!!!!!! :DDD
    (in the nicest possible way of course!) :pPPP

30. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Well it appears that there's a good number of you guys doing Star Wars costumes, so is it possible for us to organise days for costumes yet?

Or, what are you planning for yourself?

31. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Saturday is Star Wars/BSG for me (Bespin Leia and Cally), Sunday is Superheroes (WW). My friday night costume will possibly make an appearance on Sun, at the request of a friend.

It's getting closer!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.