main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    saturday is going to be my main SW day... I'm not sure what I'll be doing on Sunday - it may be another SW costume, a generic jedi, or if I run out of time, a funky t-shirt and/or Wizzard hat...

2. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    If you do go the T-shirt route, Jeans and a red tank top with a gold WW on the front - you can be my Wonder Girl ;)

3. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    hehe well that is true :eek:
    Suddenly my Sunday has become so much easier to plan [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

4. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Yup... Saturday is lookin to be StarWars day.

Are we gonna Matrix up at some point as well? When would this be likely?

5. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I reckon Matrix would be best fro the Friday night again. They're just such night time costumes!!

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I don't really want to Matrix again. No offence to anyone. We did it already though. Was thinking of doing Phoenix on Friday night, although if your gang is doign superheroes on Sunday LC, xmen might fit in better there.

7. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    hehe That's cool - I thinkt he main reason for Matrix is that 'the Kid' is going to be there. It was jsut a thought. But yes, We'd love for you to X-men up with us on Sunday!! :D Always room for more Superheroes!! There's a few of us from the ACG doing Supers, plus there's the Supergirl and Superboy from last year, plus a few others!! Hey, if you're stuck for ideas for the Sunday, you can always dress up as Peter, Nathan, Hiro or Claire? hehehe

8. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    And for those doing BSG costumes...? Or isn't there enough to group up for that? :confused:

9. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Well if I get my Cally costume done, I'll be wearing it on the Sat. More than likely I'll be wearing Bespin Leia in the morning, and then change into Cally - They have similar hairstyles, plus Iwanna add a bit of dirt etc for Cally :D Can't do that until after Leia. So I guess it's a choice between SW and BSG if you're only doing one costume that day.

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah, as much as I'd really love to have Laura done, I really want to concentrate on my SW costume. [face_thinking]

Although technically speaking, Laura shouldn't be too hard to throw together anyways, so I'll still have to see. ;)

11. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    God, i have so much work to do for Nova. Hehe, the fan force crew can finally see Grievous in all his shiny new glory.

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Will be good, Zerebin. Haven't seen your Grievous yet. Haven't seen you on the boards for a while, either.

13. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I've got a BSG costume in the works. Just depends on IC's schedule which is admittedly hectic.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

14. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    You know me, Busy Busy Busy on costume.

15. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Just found a new machinist/electronics engineer, so am trying to get sabres made in time. Me turning up will probably depend on whether I have anything to show or not.

16. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Show up just to share your company with us! Come hang, costume or no, we'll have ya!

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Indeed..no need for costumes or intricate engineered light sabres for us to be in awe of. Of course, you want us to want to BUY them. Not sure how'd you get away with setting up a lightsabre stand in the middle of the facilities :)

What have you been doing Rogue?

Found an undershirt for my Phoenix costume today. Ic was telling me how much she'd spent on an entire outfit..and I got to figuring out mine..hers was cheap, as is mine. $24 dollars so far on phoenix. 18 on battlestar, which incudes a set of 10 yu gi oh dogtags I got from toyworld which will SO do. :) I LOVe finding thuings that look cool enough to do the job, for SO cheap.

Oh and I've been having thoughts about heading into Bunnings..buying thin plastic piping, whatever else looked cool, in plumbing, outdoor and crafts and sticking it all together and painting it to make a light sabre hilt. Am I sick??? Temp is normal. I'm gonna start going though those hilarious build your own sabre sites and have a go. Anyone with me??? :)

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hah, Oh noes, she's turning all costumey on us! :eek: ;) Just kidding - yay for cheapness of costumes. I can't wait to see it all put together :D

I'm two steps ahead of you K - just don't have time to get to the hardware store :_|

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    EDIt..why am I the only one on this planet that can't work out how to link an image GAH
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/kahlan72/?action=view&current=yugiohtags.jpg

Battlestar dog tags ( yu gi oh ) look like this..I have a few left. Deciding whether to trace the logo on and ink it and then put my name under, or glue stuff on. The side with all the embossing is egyptian type stuff, which I actually dont hate. All the greek/roman religious imagiery, the Egyptian stuff ain't too out of place.

Toy world. Yu gi oh..some hex game pieces. As I said though..have a few to share!

OKay so I'm overly excited about this LOL

Also started planning for my saber tonight. Bunnings here I come. And if someone can't find their bike seat post or their vacuum cleaner barrel in a few weeks, don't come looking for me! Actually I think I will go with something easier to cut. Inner toilet roll just wouldn't work would it. ;)

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oooh, those Yu Gi Oh tags actually look surprisingly good :eek:

And no, toilet roll won't really cut it - although that does give me an idea for a sci fi version of playschool... [face_thinking]

Lightsabre hilts made of cardboard tubes, alfoil and bottle caps. Oh, em, gee. Now I wish I had grown up watching this imaginary geeky playschool... [face_whistling]

21. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, If we want dogtags and want to go the official route, we could get
    These .

You get seven Tags
    * Admiral William Adama
    * Colonel Saul Tigh
    * Commander Lee Adama
    * Captain Tara Thrace
    * Season 3 Spoiler (Character)
    * Lieutenant Karl Agathon
    * Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol

but it works out to be $135 dollars, which would be about $19 each. Anybody interested?

Edit - Dibs on Bills ;)

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    For 19 bucks, I'd do it, sure.

23. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Definately, but I have dibs on Kara Thrace :D (I hope it doesn't say Tara, coz that would be stupid!)

Unless of course someone who actually has blonde hair wants her...In whcih case I'd love to have Tyrol, to go with my Cally costume :D

24. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    WorkingI-)I have been checking in here, just not as often, and haven't really had anything to add.

I've kinda got my latter-day jedi outfit, kinda thinking of adding a chaos-fabric cloak (shimmersilk in SW-speak), tossing up between a Dooku style and an offset X2 Magneto style... Magneto's X2 outfit is actually quite cool when you look closely...
    Oh, and still need to make my chaos cargos.
    And some Demonia boots or something would be nice...

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yes,Magneto's outfit is very cool. Was looking at it the other day! Then you'd just need a face mask and you could do xmen with us! :) Anyone else in for xmen? leather looks good on everyone! LOL

and Rogue... WOW, lot of costuming/SW terms I don't even know there. Like that you're so into it all. You HAVE to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.