main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Thus far I have:
    Kahlan: 1 x BSG
    Kahli: 1 x BSG
    General: 1 x BSG, 1 x Viper
    IC: 2 x BSG
    MD: 1 x BSG

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah I'll get one

3. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Okies so the final order is:

Kahlan: 1 x BSG
    Kahli: 1 x BSG
    General: 1 x BSG, 1 x Viper
    IC: 2 x BSG
    MD: 1 x BSG
    M_S: 1 x BSG

I shall find out exactly when he wants payment, and what sorts of postage costs are involved. If it's not too much I'll cover that myself. I should be able to get monies of everyone at the next meetup.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Last_Chael, what's all this about a Parade? I've scoured the Nova Forums and come up with nothing...

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
  6. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    As I said, I searched the Nova forums. The SupaNova.com.au Forums, that is. ;)

I'm not able to read it as I'm not a member of the NO Boards. What's the go (for those of us who aren't NO)?

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Sorry, I've had 2 hours sleep x___x

You should be able to read that, it's on the public section of NO. [face_worried]

edit: Sorry again goobs, you're right - you can't see the sub-sections on the general thread when you're logged out :oops:

8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Is this the Movie World Saturday night Sci-Fi Parade??

I just had my Ice Break and my brain's working now. Any more info on it? EG, how non-paraders can go watch?

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah I assume they are one and the same event.

The most useful information I could glean from the NO thread about non-members attending is that the event will probably be "open to the public". LC will probably know more though, for sure.

10. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Ah, well that's about the gist of it. I'm assuming they will announce it soon. But from what I know, they only recently decided to make it open to the public. I'm not sure of the exact details (I believe they're still being worked out) But when I find out, I'll let everyone know.

11. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Battlestar shirts altered and done. Just can't get the dogtag designs right.Might go with them plain. Need to find that necklace..tiny ballbearing look..stuff.

So want to start my Jedi costume. Too tired! And the lightsabre is stalled in action. can we have a workshop? ;)

12. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Actually Iw as thinking of asking my dad if he'd be able to make the dogtags. They might not be in metal, but in metal finished formica. But he does all engraved badges and stuff, so he might be able to make them.

Let me know if you need any help with your jedi! MTFBWY!

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hey Kahlan, the ball..chain..stuff you're after isn't too hard to find - I know Beads and Beads in the city have some, Lincraft might have some... [face_thinking] Of course, if your luck is anything like mine it will disappear as soon as you go looking for it. [face_worried]

14. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    .. hey I could throw in one of my nifty tip-offs like I always do whenever I see something someone is after and say 'hey Kahlan, head to Crazy Clarks or DollarsNcents and you should find one of those particular ball chains in their jewellery stuff for really really cheap & if it needs to be goldish come borrow my Gilding pen'...

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Thanks girls. I actually was gonna have a look in The crazy clarks types places IC at their cheap jewellery..so, great minds :D

Today, I search for pants. Black, maroon, and khaki cargos. Oh and some sewing thread..oh and a new bobbin. And if I feel brave..I might even start CUTTING SOME MATERIAL!! If the Jedi costume remotely works out you'll see my proudness from space.

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    This is becoming a costuming thread for now :) ah well. It can alter back whenever anyone wishes! ( thread! Hahahaha )

Found my BSG cargo pants at charity store..$3.50.
    Dog tag necklace $3 at markets
    Maroon Phoenix pants $6 op shop

So..BSG costume complete. Tried it all on with my docs this morning and it looks cool. Wouldn't mind wearing this for the whole weekend if I didn't love my other stuff so much. Drew the BSG logo onto the Yu Gi Oh dogtags and aged them with brown/gold paint. Not great, but DONE!

Jedi long sleeved shirt made with my own little hands. Proudness seen from Space station. :)
    FOund a little suede skirt ( $1-op shop..see there's a trend! ) I might add to the look yet, still deciding. And deciding whether tabbards are wanted or needed,
    Anyway also tried bits of that on with my boots and Finn's light sabre ( might end up using his :( ) this morning and turned into a real jedi! LOL. Kid demanded to know where his costume was so off we go to Spotlight again today. DAMN.

Pics of Jedi costume are on my photo bucket site for those who have a link to it.

Anyone else in the middle of making something..guys? anyone who needs some op-shopping help? :) can't sew real well but I can shop!

Okay..still drawing designs and still excited. I don't even care if we go or not now..I jsut want to dress up. Well yeah I want to go.

Oh okay jsut thought of something else. Planning for actual event. I was thiking it'd be great for those of us doing costumes that we need to change or who live a fair way from the city, that booking some accomodation nearby would be great, for a couple of nights. I mean between 4-5 of us it wouldn't be to dear and would mean we could change costume within walking distance and crash there too. Just a thought, if anyone would want to go in with me.

Kay. GOING!

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Actually, depending on how much homework I have, I might be up for Op Shopping on Saturday. I'm thinking about a costume to do [face_mischief] .

Will QLDFF be trying to meet up with the other lesser Fanforces at Supanova?

18. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Hmm Well I know qite a lot of SA people are coming up, and I'm sure there are NSW people, we might be able to organise something.

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I've also had an idea for another costume, so an op shopping junket would suit me too.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Actually yeah, I was going to go op shopping on Saturday too [face_thinking] Must do so.

21. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I'd be up for an op shop on Sat too. I'm pretty sure I've got most of my costumes sorted, though I'm still looking for Boots to modify for my WW. Never know what you can turn up around the place! :D

22. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It looks like I'm coming back to Brisbane around the time of Supanova so it might be cool to meet up with you guys while I'm in town.

Any suggestions of nice accommodation in Brisbane would be appreciated too (I've only ever lived there, never visited). ;)

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I will be munchkinless from 1pm Saturday so am happy to op-shop. Of course I'm only a big fan of the ones near where i live and have little guru knowledge of the ones closer in the city, but am happy to learn or pick people up or whatever.

Though,If anyone wants to head this way I'd be happy to show you my haunts. Seeing as many shut around3-4 on Saturday, we'd need to get a wriggle on.

I still have a couple of things to get for myself so will probably be at my Favourite Lifeline at Brendale soon after 1 if no other plans eventuate.

Costume shopping..mmmmmmm :)

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, I haven't yet checked out the op shops over our way K, so I'd be interested in having a looksee :)
    (Which also means, I'd have time for a bit of a sleepin, and more sewing! Yaaay...)

25. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Fraid I'm all booked out on Sat (Partook in some opshopping today, with not much luck), unfortunately. But if you guys happen to see size 8 red boots or black boots (with reasonable heels) lemme know! Didn't have much luck today really :(

But I did get some yellow reflective tape for my Cally costume, and a gorgeous pair of silver heels for my Ceremonial Leia costume (when I get around to doing it!). Plus rope for WW's lasso, and gold and silver paint. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.