main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Awesome costume Zerebin!!!! <3

2. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Pipping Last_Chael to the post, I'm :eek: to say that on the Friday night only, Karl Urban (Eomer from LOTR) will be at SupaNova!
    The list of guests is very healthy now. Better late than never. :)

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Eomer... *drool* Oh I like that idea...

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, gauging my friend's response of "OK, you have go to up to him and get his signature, and then get his number and if he doesn't give you his number you have to tackle him and take his phone because someone in his address book will know his number," I can imagine that as normal people we might have a bit of trouble surpassing the fan-girls(and boys I suppose) to actually being able to see him.

Case-in-point of course, is Prince Char's fan girls in Ella Enchanted. A perfect example (Hatty was in HOT FUZZ - just thought I'd point that out...). I have every expectation of seeing Karl Urban screaming past with a ravenous band of fan girls in tow :p

5. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    lol, probably morgs.
    I remember him in Hercules and Xena - I was about the right age to be a screaming fangirl too, when that show was on :)
    I did absolutely no screaming... never saw the point.

6. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all at last!!! :)

Although I will be busy most of the weekend with various committments... grrrrrr

7. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Take note, y'all:

Movieworld is advertising the Saturday Night event to the general public, and state that ticket numbers are limited. So if you're considering it, get in asap.

Can't wait to do Superman and Wild West Falls by night!

8. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Niether can I :D

9. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    So who's bought their Supanova tickets?

I heard that they were actually doing a deal for the sat night with your nova ticket?

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I've bought mine - what's this deal thingy?

11. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    hehe well that's what I was asking from the people who'd bought tickets.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were going to do a deal where you buy your supanova ticket and the ticket to Movieworld all at once, like int he one ticket. I don't know if it's cheaper. I haven't bought my ticket so I wasn't sure.

Not that we need to worry deary, we have free entry to Movieworld ;)

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well that's a relief - though I still have to get your tunic pattern so I have something to wear at Movieworld! :eek: ;)

13. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    There's no package deal for the Weekend Pass with SciFi Night. SupaNova Forums Moderators did muse that they were investigating a combined package but it proved a no-go.

The tickets $30ea to SciFi Night are purchased through a different online server with MovieWorld,not TicketTek.

In fact, save yourselves a couple of bucks and buy your SupaNova pass direct at a TicketTek counter, $31 as opposed to $31 plus transaction fee.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That's funny, because there was some sort of option to purchase tickets for the Movieworld night thing when I was on TicketTek the other day. Must have been seeing things I guess.

15. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    No you werent seeing things, I think SN have included a Weekend Pass/SciFi Night & you pay for both, but it's the same price/no cheaper/but more expensive because of the $1-whatever$2 transaction charges .... that made sense! [face_shhh]

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It did make sense. At the moment I figure I can deal with the extra charge for over-the-net transactions. It's rare if ever that I'm at the physical ticketing location so the mailing out of tickets is rather handy, is all.

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Is there anyway to buy tickets to the movieworld thing? Like a brick-and-mortar place?

18. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Ticketek outlets MS. There's one in the city.

Got mine! WOOHOOOOO

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Speaking of Movieworld...
    Is it time to plan how we're getting there? Number of cars required, how much to chip in for fuel, and so on...

20. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    There is also have a Sunday Night event.
    Studio Ghibli fans: Looksie!

If you're too lazy to click, the Australian Premiere of "TALES FROM EARTHSEA" will be at the Dendy, before opening there on a national tour.

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Officially excited about anything based on Earthsea on teh big screen. Must re-read the books. The mini-series was OKAY, but would love to see what someone else can do wtih it. Peter Jackson should really film every fantasy novel I've ever loved.

Not sure if Sunday night after such a big weekend will be doable or intelligent. Might wait til the normal run at the Dendy to see this one. But very excited!

22. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Oh... My... God! :eek: I have to be there for that :eek:

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Knew you'd be excited G. Anime AND beloved fantasy. What more could a G want??

24. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    OMG!!! :eek: Well Bek jsut got me the earthsea miniseries (with Kristin Kruek) I absolutely adore the books!! I can't wait to see this!!

Unfortuantely can't go to the premiere, as we have another movieworld event that Sunday, but I will definately go to see it when it comes out though! :D yay! :D

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Excited would be an understatement for me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.