FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I had the min-series on video I could've lent you LC!!! Of course..ads never make it fun. AND ONE SHOULD NEVER TAPE OFF TV. LOl sounds funny saying that amongst this group. Can't imagine any of you would ever tape onto video off TV. Amuses me.

2. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    IT was on tv? When? :eek: IS this the same one?
  3. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    OOoh it was about 2 years ago. yeah the one with Lana in it. Actually it might have been on Fox. Yeah it probably was come to think of it! My bad.
  4. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    Must see on big screem regardless ;)
  5. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wheee!!! Roll on Billy Dee!!
  7. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
  8. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3

So .... transport to n from the SciFi Night at MovieWorld?
  9. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    So I'm almost done with my costumes. Jsut a few more things I'm trying to work out and would ask some advice from whoever thinks up anything that will work.

I'm probably not doing my black leather Jean Gray xmen suit, but would like it to be done, just in case. However the outfit, as do all the xmen3 suits, has piping in the jacket and pants. Different colours for each character. Jean's is red. I don't really want to sew anything to the jacket I have. It's not the exact jacket or anything, and not expensive but I like it enough to want to wear it normally. I thoiught of some flexible kind of tubing but that's gonna requiring adhesive of some sort. Just can't get my head around this one. I know I might need to permantly attach something, so okay, if I give in to that idea, any ideas of what to use????

It's the female costume like this..
    [image=http://www.opiumgarden.org/josh/xmen3.jpg]

Second question. Need something also removable to make a red strip/ thick line, and a white strip for another costume.

Third. What sort of bag do you bring when in this kind of costume??? :)
  10. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure about bags, K. [face_thinking]
    I'm just glad one of my costumes will have a utility belt with numerous storage pouch thingies.
  11. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm you got me there Jodes. I'm not sure about temporary attachment, only thing I can really think of is actually stitching it down. Hmmm I'll see if I can think of anything though.

Second one, I would really need to know a little bit more about it to know what advice to give on that.

As for bags well that is always a dilemma. Thankfull my Cally costume has lots of pockets, so I can carry all my stuff on me. Wonder Woman on the other hand has absolutely no where to stick stuff! Even my boots are pretty tight on my legs, so I can't stick anything in there. I'll probably be leaving my stuff with someone who does have a bag and pockets :p Though for my Rose costume last year, I found a cute matching handbag :D With Princess Leia, I can shove small things in my brastrap, so long as they don't show through the costume. Hehehe it really depends on the costume!
  12. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks LC. Bags are honestly something I hadn't thought much about..hmm. Just need someone who I'm not going to let out of my sight who might have a bag or pockets.. ;)

The strips are for another leather jacket, so I've been thinking, contact, or adhesive vinyl.

And my brain actually jsut thought of a white pen I cuold colour in or even a liquid paper pen for a raised effect LOL. I also need leather pants, but that's a whole different search!
  13. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm if it's for leather, and you don't mind colouring it permanently, you can use a leather paint. I've just bought some to do my WW boots, I'll have heaps left over if you wanted to use some.

Hahah yeah, I think last year I had most of my stuff in Bek's bag, so I had to run around to find her if I wanted something. If I have my new camera by then, I'll have that with me at all times, if not, I don't know if I'll even take my camera. Just gotta work out how I'll carry stuff in WW :p
  14. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3

.. guess I'll raise this a THIRD time.
  15. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok officially I just bought my ticket.
    Yeah, if there are a group of us headed to MovieWorld we may as well pool. Unless people have already sorted things out themselves.
  16. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    As Novus people's have to be there ahead of everyone else for our briefing, I will be driving Bek, Alison and myself there.

You'll want to make sure you're leaving by 5pm to get there on time.
  17. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Supanova finishes at 6, and the Movieworld event starts at 6...

Its TARDIS time again. Obviously I should have bought that emergency inflatable one I saw.

I'll be grabbing my ticket tonight, so I guess I'll be committed. Remind me to rest up that week beforehand :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  18. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Clearly. We should get that TARDIS, and jump back in time far enough that there is also time for a lengthy nap in between events. [face_thinking] I-)
  19. Lord_Zerebin Jedi Knight

star 1
    This looks like a job, for the doctor!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking more along the lines of WWWWVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH! WWWWVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH! WWWWVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!

I'm planning on leaving SN 4:30-5:00. I hope nothing good is on that I can't see on the Sunday!!
  21. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, that's a good one, magnus.
  23. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    My plan to get to movieworld is the same plan I have to get anywhere with guys... Mooch off of you :p

Will chip in for petrol money etc.
  24. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would drive you but in return you would have to take me to 'prom'. I will get drunk, I will harass the teachers and I will vomit at some stage during the evening (location to be advised). You will introduce me as distant aunt kahli and I will reply to every question or statement with 'ya, ya'. At the end of the evening I will pash either the chick you fancy or your best friend. It will be memorable.
  25. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well. I have some news on the transport front.

There could be a BUS going to Movie World now.

A whole, 61 seater B U S.

$20ea.

Interested?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.