main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Poo.

I guess I'm not going then :(. Ah well, I still get to go to MovieWorld! [face_dancing]

2. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I will be making a *guest appearance*, can't wait to see Billy Dee![face_flag]

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    /golfclap

Anyway, awesome banner K [face_dancing]

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I checked with Owen, and the patches are ready, he apologises for not saying so earlier, but he had a rather short notice deployment. I'll jsut copy his post from the ACG forums:

I've already paid him for mine and Jodes' patches, which are being expressed tomorrow. Is there anyone who needs one urgently? Coz I ordered 2 BSG and 1 viper (for myself), so I'll have the BSG and viper spare if anyone desperately needs them for nova. Otherwise, you can either email him directly about your order, or after nova I can organise for a group post for them all.

Nova is sooo close, I'm starting to get really excited! All of my costumes are at least 70% done. Tomorrow should see 2 of them completed, possibly 3. Yay! :D How's everyone else going?

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    How's everyone else going?

Bah! ~panics~ [face_worried] :p
    Handstitched in skirt zip, Abi - thing fits, but just barely. Tunic done. just need other bits. I swear I'll finish all the bits I said I'd do tonight! ~is determined~

Anyone want to cook me dinner and feed me whilst I sew? [face_batting] Heh heh.

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey thanks LC! Hmm..now I'm wondering where I should put them on my basic outfit. I guess Kara would have a patch on her underwear? :) Now to get it from you between now and Thursday. Let me know when they get here.

7. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Hehehe I'm sure the zip is fine. But I'll have a looksie at it on Thursday if you'd like, don't want it coming out now do we :p Hehehe yes you must finish!!

No problems :D Hmmm well if you're thinking it might be chilly, I know Kara had a plain grey hoodie with the BSG patch on the left side. She wore that with the standard khaki pants and double tops. :D Well I shall be visiting Bek on Thursday, so I can drop it in then if that's not too late (Thurs evening).

8. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Probably only going to SN on Saturday arvo/Sunday now. Definately still going to Movie World.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    One day to go.

Not really any plans for tomorrow night other than SEE YA THERE AT 545!

:D

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Actually..is anyone else actually going tomorrow night??? show of hands?

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I will be.

Or will I?

Yes. I will be.

12. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Depends on how I feel. Most likely, as I've got the day off work and have nothing better to do.

13. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    ~Raises hand~ Yeah, I shall be there.
    Luck prevailing, in a costume of pure awesome (Well, that might be selling it a little too much, but nevertheless...).

14. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I too will be there with costume of pure awesome!! :D

Had a last minute costume change, so unfortunately Wonder Woman will not be making an appearance at Brisnova. Though I will be finishing her for Sydney, just have to work out a creative solution to my current problem with it.

But it's actually not a bad thing. Once I made the decision to not do it, I felt 10000 times less stressed and just really really excited!! I realised yesterday, whilst spending time with my interstate friends, that that is what Supanova is about. It's not about the costumes really. Sure it's a chance to dress up, but it doesn't matter if you wear the same costume twice, or if you don't have some spectacularly swish costume to debut. It's about having fun. The last week I've not been having fun coz I was just stressed about everything. Now I'm relaxed, I know I'll get everything finished , and I'm having fun with my friends!!

So the costume I'm wearing on friday night will be making a repeat appearance on Sunday :D Which is awesome, coz I love it to pieces and I'm excited about having a chance to wear it again!! :D This weekend is going to rock!! :D

Jodes, is it ok if I give you the patch tonight? I didn't have a chance to pick up the mail yesterday, but I will be getting it today.

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey Lc, tonight is fine for the patch. Not wearing it until tomorrow arvo or Sunday probably. No worries.

And yeah, was hoping the fun would take over from any stress anyone was feeling. It is what it's about. Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight/tomorrow/Movieworld or Sunday.

I'm in the middle of organising the munchkins costume to take to his Nanas overnight so I can pick him up in the morning raring to go. He's gonna be there til about lunchtime tomorrow. I'll probably miss Aaron Douglass tomorrow dropping him off, but will catch him on Sunday!

Got my credit card ready to buy at least ONE thing I don't really need but WANT. :)

I'M OKAY TO GO!

16. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Might make it tonight, might not. Depending on how my foot feels.
    Went to call in sick this morning and stepped on a huge hunk of glass. I'm just hoping the blood comes out of the carpet kind of ok :p Yep, I was definately not meant to go to work today.

17. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    [image=http://www.infilm.com.au/reviews/images/contact.JPG]

I'm ok to go
    too!

18. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    List time:

Cool things about SupaNova.

- Karl Urban trading Aussie/Kiwi jokes with hecklers.
    - Wolverine?????

(Add to this list...)

19. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm off to Supernova :D.

20. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    My 1st ever Supernova and where do I begin?

Ron Glass, brilliant....Billy Dee Williams....wow the guy is really nice, spiritual, a talented artist.......and I asked him a question and he spoke to me *dies of delight*'

Also picked myself up a Boba Tie for $5!

All in all a serenely excellent day was had by me, myself and my voices :D

21. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005
    I went to Supernova. It was better than the last time i went - which was a few years ago.
    I picked up some Princess Leia Figurines - i can never find them in the shops & got Billy Dee Williams autograph.
    There were lots of really cool costumes.

22. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Was an awesome 4th year at Supernova for me!

Got BDW autogragh on a Lando figure to add to my collection (Looks great on my wall already!:D )
    Had a few minutes chat with him, top bloke!

Ron had a great old time on stage! and Aaron Douglas was a blast! (nice questions LC and Goob:) )

Picked up some extra stuff for my collection[face_mischief]

Won a prize in the Star Wars Triva!

good times, good times!

23. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah how nice is Billy Dee?

:D I asked him how he landed his part as Lando..........pun unintended-:)

Ron Glass is a top fellow too but I was surprised to find out that he's not a sci-fi fan:_|.

24. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Blando was a bit tired I think when he did his talk :p

25. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    yeah, or to much of his mentioned 'party' the night before:p

I like when he said "come on guys, you know more about star wars then I do". How honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.