main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Supanova

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sith star, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    have you been (I know some of you have I saw you there) what did you think ?, what did you like/dislike?, are you going again tomorrow?
    my thoughts-
    line up was ..........long but amusing at times [face_clown]
    was a little shocked to see a syringe on the foot path and hear a little boy say "look dad a syringe, right there dad do you see it?"
    am a bit suprised at how many people were there in the morn but it thinned out after lunch (down the pub :D )
    stalls had fairly good variety of stuff but think there could have been more games available to play and test.
    the wrestling was better than I thought it would be, I am not much of a fan at the best of times. regardless how staged it is some of that stuff has gota hurt still.
    the guest speakers were all good, well the ones I got to see.
    I purchased only one thing for myself and that was the complete tv series of invader zim so I am off to watch it [face_pig]
    see you in the funny pages

2. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Got to meet 'Kaylee'... Nuff said.:)
    [image=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/Hambo_photos/JewelStaite.jpg]
    She was all kinds of LOVELY.[face_love]

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah I thought it had enough stalls. Same as last year.

Was sad that the Mack 5 wasn't there. Wanted to get pics for the kid, so that was a bit of a jip. Thought the wrestling was cool too as I'd never seen "silly" wrestling close up. Dumb but cool. Decent bodied guys without shirts, never a bad thing.

Things I think would make it better:
    More Puter/console gaming areas, and networked areas for people to play, areas showing classic sci fi movies/shows where we could sit and enjoy together. Wasn't there supposed to be a showing of the Xfiles Trailer somewhere. Wanted to see that. Guess I'll have to get it from one of you.

Did enjoy watching the people and seeing costumes. Did think Zerebrins and Curts costumes were the best of the day although I do tend to discount the Anime/manga stuff.

Really didn't enjoy the crowds much yesterday. We saw the line about 11 and kept driving to the valley for lunch. The way they do the getting in is just crappy. wasn't too bad when we got back at 12. I had to wander of by myself frequently jsut to get away from the masses of people. I enjoyed looking through the toys and stuff later in the arvo though when you could actually get to the stands. I should go on Sundays, jsut a quieter atmosphere.

Jewel was lovely. Was fun hangin with CJ to enjoy his enjoyment. ( Found a serenity ship figure and got a Jewel photo ) I can take or leave the seminars, but hers was good and nice to hear her firefly anecdotes.

So mostly enjoyed the day. Always like bits of it so that's why I went this year. If it was just a sci-fi con I'd probably enjoy it more, although there'd be more scared quiet people and not so much of the dumb/alternate/extroverted kids in crazy costumes, which although "WEIRD", adds to the atmosphere.

Didn't really get enough time to just spend with friends, but we can do that other times I guess. Missed you Kit, and LC, was glad you were there but wished I'd known beforehand so I could've arranged more time this weekend to see you. Hope you both enjoy today.

And that's my experience of Supanova 08. :)

4. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    hhmmm cj the way you were acting with that photo me thinks you might need to get it laminated ;)

5. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I went didnt see any of you lot...probably a once in a life time experience....

6. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Fair enough. You wouldn't have recognised us in the furry costumes anyway.

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    My BrisNova experienced can be summed up like this:

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Darcrider/BrisNova08015.jpg]

Final proof that Jesus IS Frakking Metal :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.