1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Super 16 Collegiate Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5

[face_dancing]
  2. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Friendly Reminder

The Helmsman Trophy will be awarded on Tuesday. Accordingly, I need to receive all votes by the end of Monday, which is also tomorrow (or today depending on when you're reading this). If you have not voted, please do so ASAP if you would like your vote to count!
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post
    Coruscant Athletic Club, Coruscant

"Gentlebings, welcome to the Coruscant Athletic Club. I am Cruth Kantor, President of the Athletic Club," the Zabrak said, "Tonight, it is our privilege to once again recognize athletic excellence in collegiate Limmie on the eve of the Galactic Championship Bowl. This year, some of the greatest seasons came out of the Super 16 Conference and indeed it is my pleasure to note that all four Finalists this year came from that illustrious conference. They are:

"Jayla Leed, University of Corellia, Bella Vistal.

"Maximus Qorbus, Chandrila A&M University.

"Gayla Renhorn, Coruscant Institute of Technology.

"Tarpals, The Ord Saboak University."

Each nominee received applause from the crowd assembled in the Athletic Club. All of them were on hand tonight.

"The winner will receive college Limmie's highest individual honor, the Helmsman Trophy. It is a rare honor, one that cements a player's place in history. Here on these walls, the great Limmie players of yore live on." On the walls were holos of past winners, a veritable hall of fame of college Limmie. Many had even gone on to productive pro careers.

"Gentlebeings, let us not draw the suspense out any longer. This year's winner of the Helmsman Trophy is...

"Maximus Qorbus, Chandrila A&M."

IC: Maxibus Qorbus
    Coruscant Athletic Club, Coruscant

The Nautolan came to his feet without realizing it. Before he knew what was going on he found himself embraced by his mother who was making some sort of sound, but he couldn't tell what. His father was hugging him too, and he was crying. His dad was crying. Max had never seen his father shed a tear. He'd broken an arm once and his dad had just bit his lip. And now his dad was crying, because his son had won the Helmsman.

"Max, Max, you did it. I'm so proud of you, I'm so proud of you," his dad said.

Max didn't know why he was crying too now, he realized. Yes, that was a salty trickle coming out of his eyes. He just couldn't explain it. In fact, Max couldn't explain anything that was happening to him now. He'd wanted to play in the Carnation Bowl in his last year as a Rover, but the Destroyers, now on their way to the championship, had denied him that. But he had just won the Helmsman Trophy. He wasn't supposed to care about an individual honor like this...but Max did. Did he ever.

Eventually Max somehow extricated himself from his parents and made his way to the podium. Beings were shaking hands with him left and right as he moved in a daze, almost a stupor. He wanted to remember every nanosecond of this moment, this triumph, yet somehow he didn't feel like he was even taking in half of what was happening now. It was almost a surprise when he found himself at the podium accepting the heavy trophy from Kantor, posing for the cameras in the act of receiving the trophy, which he then placed on the podium.

"Wow," Max said. "Wow. This is overwhelming. I don't know what to say. Really, I don't. I think I...uh..." he patted his clothes, "I thought I had a speech prepared somewhere, but I can't quite seem to...find it..." Nope, no such luck. "Well, I guess I'm just going to have to go through this off the top of my head. Mom, Dad, I guess it was a good thing you took me to all those practices as a kid, put up a net in the backyard, and let me skip tenth grade science class because it conflicted with Limmie practice." This drew some laughter. "Thank you. Thank you so much for everything, for your support, your love, everything. This belongs to you guys as much as it does me.

"Coach Cordell...what a being. What a being. Without him I never would have taken the next step and brought my game to the next level. Never in a million years.

"I was honored to be a Finalist along with three other great players. Gayla, Jenna, Tarpals, I'm sure I haven't seen the last of you guys. Gayla, in particular, I'll see you at the ELL Draft and I can't wait to face you up in the pros.

"The Athletic Club, the voters, thank you again. Thank you so much. This means so much to me. It means the galaxy. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, all of you," Max said.

He raised the trophy again and fought tears once more.

This was more than he'd ever imagined. It was a hell of a way to end a college career. And maybe, just maybe, it was the beginning of something bigger.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny, @JEDI_TEEGIRLOO
    Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    Scores Update

Bonus Rolls to no one. :(

Galactic Championship Bowl
    Grande Villa, Rydonni Prime

University of Kuat at Keldabe Military Institute (7-11)

EDIT: Tag all, but especially @Dubya_Scott

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Oct 13, 2012
  5. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Hooray for college limmie!
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.