main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Super Bowl Party for next year?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Feb 2, 2004.

?

Super Bowl Party for next year?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes?

33.3%
  2. No?

33.3%
  3. Maybe so?

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
  2. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Well...we had a mini-party last night.

The Super Bowl is fun to watch when in a party atmosphere.

Well, I got to thinking...we could throw one ourselves.

Have prizes and food and we can make it a think where we can make money to donate to a charity.

Prizes would be a big thing too.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Don't think it will be a smart idea to gamble to raise money for charity. I don't know of too many charities that will go for it. Good idea, otherwise.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I think the party is fine for the members, but otherwise, it's not worth it Shawn.

5. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I never said that it would be gambling, now did I?

Door prizes, in a similar style to a 50/50 raffle.

But done differently.

I guess I just have nothing to offer anymore...since no one really takes anything into my ideas and thoughts.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Ah quit your moping just because not every idea's a winner doesn't mean you don't have anything to offer.

I personally think a superbowl party would be cool, but I don't think we have to try and raise money for charity. I think it'd be cool to have a NJO Superbowl party or pool.

¤Night

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I like the idea of getting together and watching the game with the FF. Hell, if nothing else its another reason to eat and drink together.

We COULD do a 50/50 to raise money if we get enough people. Charitable organizations do 50/50's all the time.

Worth a thought.

~DG~

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I think getting together for a Superbowl party would be cool. But a lot of people have annual rituals, like I do.....but I'd break mine. I dont know about anyone else, which leads to:

If we got a lot of people (plus we need more room for this...someone with a huge living room and a huge home), then we could do the 50/50 thingy.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I'm thinking even bigger than someone's home.

A hall or something.

Plus...things would be planned out way in advanced.

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Keep in mind that money comes into play here. You're looking at spending approximately $400 plus on a hall for that many hours.

I certainly can't afford that after laying out money for a hall in September/October and Christmas as well.

Super Bowl needs to be at a different time of year! *grunts* If it was summer, all we need is a huge deck and a decent sized house.

11. starwarsfreakfreak

starwarsfreakfreak Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    i cant believe i am going to agree with mr.adams but i feel you dog i know what you where getting at it was a good idea.this is your puppy now make it happen .p.s don't repond to this i only come here once every 3 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.