main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Bowl/Playoff Picks?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jedi_BMack, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I have to go with the team who has never made it to the Super Bowl. Besides, Buccaneer Cove has to be one of the coolest things in the NFL.

RAIDERS
    Random
    JJJ

BUCS
    Krash
    Don
    Darth-Zod

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Before moving up here, I lived in Florida most of my life, so the Bucs have always been one of my favorites...and considering I hate the Raiders, I hope the Bucs annihilate them. Gotta agree with Darth-Zod too, Buccaneer Cove is an awesome sight to see! Go Bucs!

RAIDERS
    Random
    JJJ

BUCS
    Krash
    Don
    Darth-Zod
    Reborn

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I really don't care who wins this game, I love both teams. I think that Tampa's defense will at least slow down Gannon/Garner/Rice/Brown but once you get all that taken care of you still have Jerry Porter too. Tough offense from Oak-town. If Tampa's offense decides to play the same way against the Raiders that they did against Philly, then it will be a great game. But the Raiders D is overshadowed by their offense this year and is not to bad.

RAIDERS
    Random
    JJJ
    BMack

BUCS
    Krash
    Don
    Darth-Zod
    Reborn

-b-

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Don't forget, the Super Bowl is also going to be the premire of the new Hulk commercial. We're supposed to finally see what the CGI Hulk looks like.

5. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    raiders cannot and will not cover the 4 point spread much less win against tampa's D. go buccaneers!

Raidaz
    JJJ
    Random
    BMack

Bucs
    Krash
    Don
    Darth Zod
    Reborn
    Jango

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    GO BUCS!!!!!!

What an amazing game the Bucs played today! I called it right, they won...and they did it well! Absolutely annhilated the Raiders.
    The Raiders were supposed to be the #1 offense? I sure didn't see it, because the Bucs' #1 defense smashed 'em up! A funny thing too...I thought, wouldn't it be funny if, considering how many interceptions the Raider's QB made, that he threw another one towards the last seconds of the game, and we ran it for a touchdown? Not even seconds after that, in the last 15 seconds of the game, that exactly happened! 48-21...way to go, Bucs! Awesome game!

BTW, the Hulk trailer sucked.

The Matrix sequel trailers, which I didn't expect, left me drooling and in seizures. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet footage!

7. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I think I'll pick Bucs.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I thought the Raiders would win. They didn't. No big deal. I really didn't care who won since one of my favorite teams wasn't playing this year.

Anyone else catch the Imperial March before the game? I believe it was when the Raiders were being announced.

As for the Matrix sequels... I can't describe my reaction in full because this is a family board, but let's just say I needed a change of shorts after I saw the new trailer.

9. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Game - very boring up until the 2nd half. It was kind of sad to see the Raiders get into the game as late as they did. They really didn't have a chance.

Hulk trailer - I don't care what others think, I thought it looked cool. Whether it WILL BE cool is another story.

Matrix Reloaded - *expletive deleted*!! ;) I can't wait!! :D

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The game was horrible (nothing new for the Super Bowl there). The Hulk trailer was cool, the Matrix trailer was cool, and Shania Twain in that outfit was cool.

11. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    DEFENSE WINS GAMES! <---my philosophy

how bout they had performances pregame, mid game, and post game.....thats a lot of performances

--how bout that reebok commercial?

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I didn't care who won, but I would've liked to see Rice get another ring. Who knows what happens now...

BTW, the officiating in the entire postseason sucked. Including the Super Bowl. Tampa Bay can't fumble a kick return when the guy is laying on the ground. Oakland should've had the two-point to Porter. And how can pass interference be called when the ball is thrown out of bounds? This doesn't even mention the SF/NY game, the PIT/TEN game or any of the other blown calls in the playoffs.

These refs suck...

-b-

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Anyone else catch the Imperial March before the game? I believe it was when the Raiders were being announced.

Grrrrr... I caught the tail end of that. I went downstairs to set the VCR for Charmed, then I hear, "They are playing Star Wars for the Raiders!" By the time I turned it, it was pretty much over. :mad:

I missed all of the Fed Ex commercial, I heard some of it, but I didn't see it. Pizza came then. :mad:

And wouldn't you know it, my mom jinxed the game. She said that they (not saying exactly who) would score two more touchdowns and win the game. What happened? Bucs scored two more touchdowns and won the game.... totally jinxed....

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    YES! GO TAMPA BAY...first off, it's nice to see a strong defensive performance rewarded. As well as a city that wins a championship...and doesn't use it as an excuse to trash the place (Oakland fans have no class)

That half-time show was lame, don't know what happened to my girl Shania...but she looked good! ;)

15. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    officiating has seemed to decline every season, i believe that it could be faulted to instant replay. officials figure "who needs to try hard? just say what you think it is, go see it on replay, and change it"

16. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Well, I am glad to see the Bucs go :D

My cousin lives there, and I had no other reason to root for either (Plus, Tampa has never been there).

Now, if Cleveland Browns were there, that would be a different story :)

Or, if Pittsburgh Steelers, then I would root for whoever was playing them. Nothing personal you know ;)

17. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
  18. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.