main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Bowl XL? anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by last-minute, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. last-minute

last-minute Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Firstly I have to admit I don?t completely understand a lot of the rules in this game but every year I do try and watch it just to see what all the fuss is about? last night was the first time I didn?t fall asleep in the middle of it!

Was just wondering if other people watched it.

Also? why is it called ?football? when they don?t use their feet???... give me real football (soccer) any day tho? come on man u!!!

2. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    No I was in bed and my VCR failed to tape it! :mad:
    Gutted.
    I have been into American Football since I was about 9 and hate missing the Superbowl!

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I watched the last ten minutes of the first half (Which lasted about half an hour) and the halftime show, Mick Jagger was on it so I switched it off.

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Yawn!

"And we're ten mins into the first half, team A have the advantage and..... The Refs calling for an Ad break :rolleyes:

Sorry can't stand it. Please don't let it gain in popularity or we'll have America pushing for 2 breaks in Football (after 30 mins so we still have a 90 minute match) Like they tried in World Cup 94 [face_plain]

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i watched it, up until the final quarter with 8 minutes on the clock. then i fell asleep, and i still have no idea who won.

EDIT: steelers won, 21 - 10

6. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I don't really get it to be honest but I expect many people don't get the sports I like...

It's too stop-start for me but I guess you can say that about the football (Ours), it's great for flicking between shows with sooooooo many advert breaks. In fact I gave up after a while it's like trying to watch a film on ITV, just when it gets good the have an advert/news! In fact ITV are THE worst for this. I decided to sit down and watch Gone with the Wind for once on ITV but lost interest because they didn't 'continue after the news' nooooooo, they had 'continued next Friday'! Anyway, I like Roast Lamb.

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    I was routing for the Seahawks.
    :(

8. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I watched the first 10 or so minutes, but gave up because it takes 5 hours to play one 15 minute quater and it gets on my nerves too much.
    I used to like American Football when I was 8-9, but lost interest and Rugby took over after playing it at secondary school.

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    It's not American Football.

It's actualy British Bulldogs but with a ball and with more restrictive game stifling rules

10. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh, the Yanks had the Stones' performance cut :p

Hither

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I didn't think the Stones were that great uncut...

I didn't stay up to watch it but Sky Sports replayed all 3 hours of it from 12pm-3pm today so I watched that. At least the Steelers won!

12. last-minute

last-minute Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    dare i say i started to get into it a little last night... be more fun if i decided to follow a team, who knows maybe next year i choose one... as i dont know that much about the teams i'll prob go 4 the one with the coolest logo!!!

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *yawn*

American Football is the most boring sport I ever had the misfortune to watch. So I didn't watch the Superbowl.

14. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I actually follow the game, and have been to a few games whilst i have been in America.

It is a great game to watch if u understand whats going on

Last nights Superbowl was not one of the best and the Steelers played Dirty.

It is a great sporting event all around

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Give me a REAL football match anyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.