main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Super Bowl....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Todays game was a pretty good one. It was great seeing the Bus getting some gold and going out in style in front of his hometown crowd. It is also cool to see Big Ben get a ring as well. Being from a decent size town from football country in OH and playing for a small school in th MAC conference Miami of Ohio that is pretty cool to see. Then also seeing a fellow Mercer county boy in Jeff Hartings get a ring as well.

To make it even better I won the final quarter in the SB squares pool at work. Got to love that. lol

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Congrats on your successful wager :D

Personally I thougt the game was not one of the NFL's finest moments. After an entire post-season of horrible officiating it really did come to a head last night. While Seattle clearly didn't do enough to win the game, It kills me that the officials had such a hand in determining the winner last night.

I would have figured that before the game the NFL would have met with the officiating crew and told them that no matter what, do not let yourself get involved in the decision of game and to let the two teams play. Obviously they didn't.

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I will say that the officiating wasn't the best. There were some blown calls. I didn't agree with the supposed Chop Block by Hasselbeck after his interception. I thought he was going for the tackle. The pass interference call on Seattle shouldn't have been called. Even though the touch happened beyond 5 yrds. I do agree with the touchdown by Ben. While he was in the air the ball did cross the plane from what I saw. It even looked like it went over when he was going to hit the ground as well. Granted when he landed on the ground the ball was short of the end zone that really doesn't matter because the ball was already over at least once. I have seen several td through the air where the ball crossed the plane, but when the back landed the ball was short. The call where Engram or was it Jackson was ruled out of bounds and he was close to the end was pretty questionable. So are saying that should have been a td because he foot hit the pilon, but he only had one foot in bounds where you need two. I will agree that the officials need to go back to school and get more training. They have been extremely bad this year especially in the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.