Super Hero Movies!

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by falcon_prime, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcon_prime Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all.

I started this thread to discuse future super hero movies that are roumored to come out or information on films that are comming out.

I know that this is yet another non star wars thread I have started... but with no new Star Wars movies I do like to here from our group on there thoughts on different matters.

Thanks
    Phil
  2. falcon_prime Jedi Knight

star 1
    BATMAN 2 (running off of the Batman Begins film that re-wrote the Batman vers).

This is what I have heard...

We know how Batman Begins ended with Batman holding a playing card with a joker on it. Setting up the next villan.

The roumor was that Robin Williams was going to try for the part of the clown prince of crime... but I have heard (from a source I believe) that Heath Ledger (A Kinght's Tale) will put on the green wig and red lipstick for a new look at the Joker!

Heath Ledger? Realy?!? I like him... he is a good actor... but the Joker? He has the right facial structure... but I am not sure that this is the right vilan for him.

Other thoughts... Wizard interviewed the Batman people asking some normal kinds of questions... Robin? The over welming feeling is NO! It is felt that Robin will never come into this version of Batman. This Batman is even darker than Tim Burtons (Darker that Tim Burton? Darker than Goth boy himself?). I agree with this. At least for a while. Robin brings out a side of Batman that makes him into a father figure... or a wise older brother. Batman is best when he is tring to figure things out for himself (are his methods sound, is he doing the right thing, how long does he let Batman continue).

Katie Holms. She will most likely not return. The speculation is that she will be writen off as a death... somthing to re-fire Batman into hunting evil doers. He will most likly have a new love interest in this one... perhaps some one new for Tom Cruis to marry.

Will Liam Neeson return? It is felt that Ras has died. We did not actualy see him get smashed in the train... come on now... he is dead. But it is a movie based on a comic book... so who knows.

Scarcrow. We might not see him back. But the character is still at large. So we may see him.

I have no other infromation on other bad guys.

What do you all think... what have you all heard.
  3. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    batman isnt a super hero.....discuss
  4. brigandarklung Force Ghost

star 1
    The title for the new movie is "The Dark Knight" and Heath ledger is going to be the joker, brokeback joker dude. I wonder if they'll get hedwig to play harlequin? Christian Bale, Maichael caine, katie holmes are all said to be back. Christopher nolan is directing again and his brother jonathan is fleshing out the script. It is safe to say that this movie will be an excellent sequel.

For a lot of information on this subject check out Comics2film.com, it is an excellent source for all your superhero needs.
  5. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    bah the only good joker would be Crispen GLover with Mark Hamill's Voice dubed over
  6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    With Heath ledger playing the brokeback joker. Maybe Elton John can play Bane?
  7. falcon_prime Jedi Knight

star 1
    You guys are BAD.

LOL

Thanks for the tip Don.

Rion... Batman is a superhero... he has no true powers... but he fits all the requirements of a superhero. Any one who can best Superman... lol.

Opinions....

Should superhero movies go further than three movies? I have heard from many people that after three flicks, people get board. True? If it is... that meens that this is going to be the last Spider-man flick... Only Two more Batman movies... X-men is over (save the spin off movie Wolverine... Blade is over... Only one more Daredevil (if you count Elektra a sequil)... I am sure the list goes on.

Are we okay with this?
  8. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    ive only heard Batman Refered to as a Crime Fighter not a super hero "Super Hero" implys that he would have powers which he really doesnt just those wonderful toys....hehe sorry joker moment there

hmmm unless insanity is his super power? cuz he is Batman After all not Bruce Wayne if anything Bruce is the super hero i mean come one he belongs to a small club of men who seem to not die of and sort of "disease" hehe if ya know what i mean
  9. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Batman is the greatest superhero because if you had enough money, you could be him. The fact that he doesn't have any super powers and is respected by those who do is a credit to who he is. The fact that he can hang with Superman who has virtually every power shows how Batman rules.

As for 3 movies, I disagree. The movies just have to be good. And blade is now a tv show. The problem with superhero movies is that people try to shoot their whole wad in one or two films. Why did the phoenix appear so fast? If they would have held out for a few films, they could have told more stories. Just my opinion.
  10. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Aaron. The only reason the original Batman series went bad is because Tim Burton left and Warner Brothers got Schumacher to continue it. That guy was horrible and he practically destroyed the franchise before they pulled the plug on him. Now that they've got new people to do the franchise justice, I see no reason why they can't have a lot more than 3 Batman movies. Also, X-Men could easily have more movies (there's a Wolverine and Magneto spin-off), especially since Xavier isn't dead (you did watch through to the end of the credits, right?). I do agree that they completely hosed the Phoenix storyline though.

As for Batman being a super hero, I gotta agree with Rion on that. He's a crime fighter that uses his intelligence and weapons/toys to take out the bad guys. And he does it so well that he's got the respect of all the super heroes. The cool thing about Batman though is that he has no powers. All he has is his raw human ability. I don't think any other hero can make such a claim.
  11. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://politicalcomment.blogspot.com/Mr.%20Freeze.gif]

I still shudder to this day! uhhh awful film.
  12. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I should be able to ban you for posting that pic :mad:

Don't forget about Hellboy 2, where he is apparently fighting the tooth fairy. And Ghost Rider, because nick Cage won't be happy until he's a super hero, and Spider-man 3, which looks like it has a serious case of, cramming 32 sorylines into one movie.
  13. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll pass you a poster of it next time I see you. :p
  14. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet! I'll break out my dartboard, and give you a Daredevil movie poster in return. (as that movie was also crappy)
  15. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    oooo i feel a knife fight comin on!
  17. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I see your Fantastic "what the hell is up with Dr Doom's origin" Four poster, and raise you one The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl poster!
  18. falcon_prime Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree... They could make a ton of X-men flicks... and if done right... many more spider man flicks, and Batman (I hope they do not kill off the Joker in this one). I am just not sure about if the film makers think that it is a good idea.
  19. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
  20. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lamest. Superheroine. Ever.

Did anybody see Stan Lee's Who Want's to be a Superhero?
  21. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    yea Major Victory should have won....feedback won it with tears lame!
  22. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Major Victory was really funny all the way through.

Feedback is a woeful superhero, granted he probably wanted it more than the others but as a character I thought he was the suck.

It was funny to watch it. That episode where they claimed to be working with criminals was funny, especially when the female convict was on Mind of Mencia a few weeks ago.
  23. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The whole show was like a train wreck that I couldn't look away from.
  24. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aren't they making a Sci Fi channel movie for the winner too? How lame will that be?
  25. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    yea they are and it prolly will be teh suck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.