main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Super Mega Show" in NJ

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Obi-Wan_Jalopy, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Jalopy

Obi-Wan_Jalopy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    I am a long-time star wars fan and collector, going all the way back to the 70s. But I have never been to a Star Wars convention of any kind before. I am thinking of going to the above convention in NJ during the second weekend in July, but I was wondering if anyone here could share a little bit about what these conventions are like.

Obviously there will be some cool Star Wars celelbrities there who would be fun to meet. I would mostly be interested in buying some star wars merchandise, especially stuff that might otherwise be difficult to find. Are there a lot of dealers at these things? Also, this SEEMS like one of the bigger and better ones on the east coast, but am I wrong? Should I wait for something else? Obviously i would have liked to have gone to Celebrtation, but family responsibilites ruled that out.

Thanks for answering what is so obviously a newbie question.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I can't speak for the NJ show but I have been to two shows here in the UK - Memorabilia last year and Collectormania this year. I got to meet Tem Morrison at Collectormania (got his autograph and my picture taken with him) and I met Jeremy Bulloch at Memorabilia (again, got his autograph, my pic taken, and I bought a copy of his book which he then signed for me). I had a great time at both shows though the travel was tiring (neither was in London, which I live near). I'd recommend going, if only for the experience. The stars usually charge for autographs, though in both cases you get to choose from a range of pictures to get signed. Tem had about 10 to choose from. I forget how many Jeremy had. Collectormania had timed tickets for the more popular stars, but I got to both shows early so I didn't have long to wait in line. Both Tem and Jeremy were very nice, taking time to talk with their fans.
    One caveat is the dealer tables. If you are going for specific figures, have a good idea what the figure is worth so you don't pay scalper prices. I also recommend walking around before buying to price compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.