main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass SUPER MEGAFEST - 11/20 & 11/21

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi everyone!

The dates for Super Megafest have been posted and I've already emailed our contact with regard to the free table & tickets (thanks, Brian, for letting me know the dates were up)!

I don't want to wait until the last minute on this again this year. So, I want to ask:

1.) Are we interested in attending again this year?
    2.) What charity are we interested in donating to?
    3.) Fundraising ideas - any others besides the raffle?

I know that we've not seen each other since November but, let's at least chat about this here.

Talk to you soon!

2. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Being proactive, I contacted my contact for this yesterday and secured our passes with him.

So, we have the usual 4 passes coming.

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I really hope I can make it this year, though the guests (or lack of SW guests thereof) may sway my desire to attend. In any event, I have the usual figure (this year, a Destroyer Droid from the "Clone Wars" collection) to supply the raffle basket. Would really rather not use the priority mail flat-rate box to send it, though...$12+ is kind of steep a price to send a donation. K, if you and/or Chris want to meet me @ the Rox game on 6/26, I'll try to remember to bring it. :)

4. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Any mention of a Star Wars guest?

5. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I will be there as usual you can count on that.

6. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    It's hard to tell about the SW guests... they have the current dates up and Ray Park and at least one other is listed but, I am not sure that's for the 2010 Con vs last year's.

What charity are we thinking of supporting this year?

7. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Autism Speaks was very nice to us last year. But before anything, I'd say the lack of any guests in mid-June is frightening.

8. kevinliell

kevinliell Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    any news?

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    they haven't updated their site yet with who is coming. it was down for a day late last week I figured they were making announcements on who will be there and stuff.

if it is as lackluster as last time I will just go to the hotel to meet up with everyone like I did last year.

10. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'm baffled at the lack of any kind of announcement at all. This thing is just a few months away.

Korey, could you send them a message asking what's up?

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Looks like they finally updated their site. No SW actors as of yet though. But so far the line-up looks like a Back to the Future celebration with Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, and the Delorean time machine. They also have Karen Allen from the Indiana Jones films, Marina Sirtis from Star Trek, Eric Roberts from this years Expendables, and the Charlie's Angel Shelley Hack. Plus it looks like Kevin will be making an appearance.

Even though no SW guests for now it looks to be a better cast of actors already. As long as they stay away from the "adult" stars and the wrestlers (no offense to the wrestlers a couple yrs ago was great with all the old timers) maybe this show could be one of the better ones in recent yrs.

http://supermegafest.com/

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    well they just added the Original Wookiee King Peter Mayhew to the line-up. I know he had been there a few yrs ago but I missed out hopefully I will get his autograph this year. This year looks like it could be one of the better ones as long as they stay away from wannabe pin ups.

13. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great news! I just got Peter Mayhew's autograph at CV and saw him at Star Tours, but that's pretty cool he'll be back to SMF. Hopefully they can snag a few other SW guests, but if all they get is Peter I'm fine with that.

14. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    GREAT!!!

So now we have a major figure from Indiana Jones AND Star Wars!!! Why aren't they featured more prominently at the top of the site's page?!

We really need to start planning now guys, it's only three months away!!

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Hopefully they can add a few more SW guests and get more pop culture people like they did a few yrs ago when they had all sorts of people and not over ran by wrestlers and wannabe playmates.

I think the reason why the SW and Indy guests aren't on top is 1. it is Back to the Future's 25 anniversary 2. Christopher Lloyd is a bigger name than Mayhew and Allen. I think he is this year's big draw/big ticket item it will probably be a long wait in line to get his autograph.

Hopefully they can "con" a few more SW guests to come that would be great. It seems like a decent show right now just wondering what 2nd and 3rd level people they will add.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I forgot that Empire's Anniversary is this year as well, but with that said most of those actors are probably already travels out with all the cons around the country this year. Plus with CV just ending many of them may take a break. I would like to see someone we haven't seen yet hit the scene, but who knows if that would happen. As long as they can keep getting people we all know from the various films and staying away from the playmates it should be a good con. Not looking for SDCC or CV type of good but that is hard to do on a small budget I am sure.

17. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    So far, so good with them staying away from the wrestling folks which is very good, IMO.

I was happy to see Peter Mayhew coming back and, having Christopher Lloyd and other names from Back to the Future is going to be a big draw, I think. Then on top of that you've got a couple from Star Trek & Raiders. This is shaping up to be a great show.

Soooo....

How are we raising funds for this year? Autism Speaks again? I was thinking MJ Fox's organization but, that's going to be covered by the Delorian being there. Thoughts?

Also, who has what to donate for raffles?

I know that Chris is fresh back from CV but, like Brian said, it's time to get planning on this thing now that we know it's really happening!

I will follow up with my contact for the tickets & table next month.

18. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Autism Speaks was incredibly nice to us and event sent people to be with us, along with banners and information sheets. I was personally very impressed with how much appreciation and respect they showed, so my vote goes to them. I'll be sure to find a couple things for the raffle, too. I know we still have an autographed Darth Maul action figure that Ray was nice enough to sign for us, that's left over from last year. Who took that home for safe keeping?

Korey, if there's any way you can make sure we get the same table spot as we did last year, that would be great. 2007 and 2009 were the best SMF's yet (to me, at least), and both years we were at that spot.

Also, I noticed that the actor of Maroni from The Dark Knight will also be there. So Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Dark Knight... this is looking to be great!

19. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I emailed John DiCicco today to ask if the show had a Facebook page...he told me he hadn't thought of it and that it was a good idea, so we may be seeing one soon. I also suggested a Twitter feed, which would be useful to announce the celebrity guests as they're signed.

20. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I will do what I can but, I can't promise the same table (as I am sure John can not either).

I am hearing nothing bad about our experience with Autism Speaks so, if there's no objections, I will make contact with them again to see if they can join us again. As you mentioned Brian, this seems to have helped draw people to the table which is always a good thing.

21. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ok guys....

I've just sent a follow up email to John asking when he's going to send out the passes. At the same time, I also requested that we have the same location as last year. Now, we wait and see what he says. We definitely have the passes & table coming... it's just a matter of location now.

IMHO - I feel that there should be one representative from our forum contacting John regarding SMF. I would hate to have him get confused and chance the problem we had last year where we nearly DIDN'T have a table... it all turned out well in the end last year but, I just don't want to run into any problems this year. Since I am in contact with John starting in May of each year, I would like to continue being his point of contact. If you have questions for him, just post them here or PM me with them and I will be sure to get the answers we are looking for.

LASTLY...

We should meet in September to discuss this. I am proposing we meet SUNDAY, September 19th at 2pm at PINZ in Milford to catch up and get ready for this year's event. Please post here if you can or can't make it.

22. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I agree Korey should be the main contact with SMF. :)

I have the autographed Ray Park figure to go out with this years stuff.

I just got in yesterday from Orlando from Celebration V and Disneyworld and I am trying to get caught up. :)

Keep us posted Korey. I will be there both days from set up to close.

23. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    looks like they added more guests. The some of the cast from Boondock Saints, a legendary wrestler and announcer along with Sonny, plus a few other things. hopefully more SW people will come aboard don't care if its an artist or an actor or an author. The Providence library had an author a while back who gave an awesome presentation on TESB. Wish I could have seen it all, but the place was jammed.

24. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I need to check out the updated guest list!

The latest update is that I have contacted Melody at Autism Speaks to see if they are interested in attending again this year.

Other than that, I think we are all on the same page! :)

25. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I've heard from Autism Speaks (thanks to Wormie for the updated contact information) and they are excited we've decided to raise monies for them again and are definitely interested in attending with us this year!

More news to come... stay tuned! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.