Mass SUPER MEGAFEST - 11/20 & 11/21

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone notice that Mayhew was 9th on the SMF website? I complained, and now he is 3rd.

Also I am designing a Star Wars give-away for SMF that will be given to con goers at the door. I'm not sure I can say what it is yet, but its kinda cool.

Beanie, no hints
  2. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am glad that Eric Roberts will be there this year... His role in The Expendables was fantastic!

Kevin - Do we have to be paying customers to get the hand out at the door that you are designing? :)

Brian - So sorry you can't be there. We'll keep you up to date.

Happy Monday everyone!
  3. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Kevin you should have complained about more SW guests man. you got to have some sort of pull with these guys now. lol I did give them the idea to see if Ryder Windham the author of SW and Indy books could attend and possibly do a presentation. He did one at the Providence Library in May for the 30th Anniversary of TESB and it was darn good. Too bad the room was so over crowded that I missed some of it due to people wanting to come and go out of the room. Plus having a younglin didn't help much either. So hopefully he can get a hold of him.
  4. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Thanks!!
  5. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    A new Star Wars guest will be announced soon.
  6. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Who?! Who?! Anyone major?!
  7. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not, major. an Empire Character, think Rebel
  8. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    There were tons of Rebels, haha. Come on, Kevin, who is it?!
  9. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Ray Hassett is a cool addition and someone that has not been here yet. I was thinking about him the other day especially since he is local well New England area that is. I see that in his write-up the mentioned Jeremy Bulloch. It would be cool if Ray could get Jeremy to show up.

Looks like a good con is shaping up. I like the TESB patch that Kevin designed. I definitely want one of those but I won't be able to get a costume done in time. I am also liking the Back to the Future poster as well. That would be cool to get Lloyd and Thompson to sign.

I may actually have to attend this event instead of hitting the bar after the show on Sat night. That weekend will probably be my son's birthday party, which will probably be a small event due to everything that has happened this year so I think I should be able to take him to the show for a couple hrs.
  10. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, they posted that quick; The Hassett deal was just made yesterday afternoon.
  11. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    that was pretty quick. they really don't have much time left to get people in. I hope they can get some more SW guests or maybe some more Back to the Future ones.
  12. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I honestly don't even recognize the guy from ESB. Ah, well.
  13. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    He had a scene with Harrison Ford.

He had several lines and his notable oned " Your Tauntaun will freeze before you reach the last marker"
  14. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Your tauntaun will freeze before you reach the first marker"
  15. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that guy. Funny how anyone from Star Wars with even just a couple recognizable lines can get into the convention circle. Nothing against him, it's just humorous. Reminds me of the guy from 2008 whose table banner proudly displayed pretty much his only line: "These are not the droids we're looking for." A famous line, yes, but just a line nonetheless.
  16. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Anthony Forrest actually had more to do in A New Hope then what made it on the big screen. He was Fixer from the deleted scenes. He is everyone favorite Sandtrooper probably because most felt sorry for him being duked by Obi-wan. I would like to see him again at a con, but I know he is out of the country and very busy. Still bummed that he was not invited to CV even though there was the Fixer exclusive. He at least deserves more recognition than what he gets.

O well enough of that soap box. Hopefully they can get more people lined up for SMF. I like the line-up but also hoping they don't go back to past tends.
  17. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2

Well after meeting Ray Hassett I was very impressed and interested in what he told us about his experiences in movies and The Empire Strikes Back.

These people are part of a big chunk of our fandom and a source of Star Wars history.

Give the guy a chance before you cast judgement on him.

How about Boba Fett he had only a few lines and maybe a total screen time of what 10 to maybe 12 minutees combined
    between ESB and ROTJ.

This guy will be forever attached to the Star Wars Universe no matter how small it is...it's bigger than 99% of everyone else walking around.

I would give my right arm to have been in , even for a second a Star Wars movie.

18. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    looks like this is going to be a music con this year. more musicians added and go figure more wrestlers. looks like these guys are going back to their old habits of the easy gets. I will still go and end my holdout it would just be better to get more interesting guests.
  19. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Oh my goodness, they literally have combined Supermegafest with some music convention, and now adult general admission is $59 because it's two events combined. What a horribly idiotic move that was. Empty con this year?
  20. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    if you want to attend the con and the concert it is $59. it is still $20 to get into the con the whole weekend. if you spend $25 you can get Kevin's Chewy print. There are a ton more packages this year seems like everything is a VIP opportunity to get a few more bucks. They should have got more SW actors together and had a TESB 30th anniversary party I might have paid for that, but alas the ball was dropped and it looks like there will only be two SW related people. Decent start but a lackluster finish for the guests. I will go but this may be my last year attending. I would rather meet Chris, Jim, Kevin, and Mike at the bar on Sat night and save my money. lol
  21. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw someone posted SMF as an event on Facebook, so I RSVP'd "Maybe" and asked if anyone around the Brockton area was going on the event wall. This may be how I find my ride there. :)
  22. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    looks like they added author Ryder Windham to this year's show. He has done numerous SW and Indy books over the yrs. He will also be doing a presentation about TESB which is superb to say the least. I saw a good portion of it when he was at the Providence Library. I will definitely have to make sure I attend this one sans wookiee cub.
  23. kevinliell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, two weeks to go...
  24. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Looks like Lea Thompson has cancelled.

25. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't see Karen Allen on the site's page anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.