main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Palpy: The Pants Situation

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by howlrunner22, Mar 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Coruscant.

The galactic capital burned brightly, a thousand lights cast a dull golden glow over the cityscape. Shadows hid from the shimmering luminal display and fled down the miles-deep gorges into the face of the urban planet. The sun was blotched out and spattered around the cloud line, a reddish accent to the azure sky above. A thousand spires reached beyond the sky into infinity as a thousand more airspeeders buzzed about the glistening towers. The droning of repulsor engines scooped the entire city into a frenzied urban choir of monstrous proportions as the indutry of city whirred about in its endless course of duty.

The slate grey permacrete of the towering monoliths stood in silent vigil to the oncoming shuttle. The shuttle's ion engines glowed a warm red engine cycle, twisting in the nether spectrum of obtrusive red. The droning of the engines screamed and blighted the monotone of the living city below it. Two TIE Fighters, identifiable by the trademark hexagonal wings swept by, staying close enough to direct the larger ship on a pre-determined course, and far away to lend an air of respect to the shuttle's occupants. Painted in bold black upon the starboard side of the starship were the words Daddy's Girl.

The shuttle's engines continuous whirring died down as it crept over a thin rising plateau. Shifting from ion thrust to vertical repulsors, the shuttle descended into a rapidly expanding hole being created as twin sheets upon the flat topped construction slid upon, grinding the metallic flats as they buckled open.

"Shuttle, this is Palace Control. State your cargo and destination." Captain Devir spoke through the microphone in his command console in the clipped and precise tones of the Imperial officer class.

"Control, this is Shuttle Daddy's Girl. Tell the Emperor that his daughter and his grandchildren are here to visit." A pleasant, reassuring voice burst through the static on the comm channel. Devir's face turned a livid green. His face convulated into a hideous parody of a shocked smirk.

"****! Its her...." Devir sat bolt upright and whispered to the controller next to him who found it hard to suppress a mocking grin.

"Captain Devir, where is that shuttle going...." The punctuated mechnical tones of Darth Vader swept across the control room.

"Damn it! Its her." Devir swivelled around to see a startled Vader. Vader shifted uneasily. "I'm not here. I'm not me. Got it?"

"Control....? Is that you Devs?"

"No?"

"You sound a lot like Ispid Devir to me..."

"No, uhh, this is not Devir." Devir tried a failing parody of a disguised voice. "Devir has been transferred to.... Hoth. Yes, Hoth. This is Lieutenant...."

"As you were, officer who isn't Devir." Somewhere in the background, but audible over the the comm channels was Darth Vader. Vader looked imploringly through his helmet, spun away and ran off not knowing completely why.

"... Jast." Devir shot an angry glance at a retreating black cloak as it tucked away behind a sharp corner.

"Ips you missed your last support payment last month you know. Once daddy finds out..."

"Did she say 'Ips'?" Vader's voice rang through the corridors.

"I said Devir is not here. This is Lieutenant Jast. How may I serve you?" Devir coughed violently out of the microphone. His face grew strained under the pressure.

"Okay, Jast. Direct me to the Emperor's Hangar then...."

"Yes, ma'am." Devir sent a quivering finger to toggle the transmission button on his keypad. A high-pitched tone erupted, signalling the data transmission.

"Thank you."

"No problem...." Devir sighed and slumped back into his chair.

"Nerf-herder."

Palpatina, heir to the galactic throne, walked down the extending shuttle landing ramp.

Billowing clouds of gas leaked out through vents on the shuttle's underside as creaking machinery worked its way to functionality. A black knee-high boot clapsed itself onto the durasteel lamp. It stretched upwards to a tight form-fitting body suit. Wrapped around it was a loose red shoal, a bright Imperial insignia painted on it in bri

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'm just posting cause I think the title's funny. Oh, the story's cool too.

3. The Rover

The Rover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Yeah, I had to post also, cause i almost fell off my chair laughing at @ss off. Howlrunner, you have really done it this time.

You have succeeded in making another ine fanfiction addition to my everygrowing library

Please, I implore you to continue......

I will try to read it as much as posible but i am involved in wrting a major fanfiction story myself ; THE SITH ORDER : Aspects of the Force

Dont worry, I will spread the news of this great addition just keep it going.

The Rover

4. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Ahh, humor involving Palpatine. It is unfortunately too few and far between (at least with good examples like this).

Laughing his shadow off,
    http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/phantasiav/nn5.gif

5. DarkJediMe

DarkJediMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2000
    You made me laugh at Star Wars. I only laughed at Star Wars when A-I read Allston's awesome humor B-I read Stackpole's Humor C- when Callista is in pain. tongue.gif

6. Araviah

Araviah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    Has anyone else noticed these two things other then me? or am I a freak..well..I guess you have to see them first so here it goes...

*Have you ever wondered why..*
    Qui Gon keeps putting his hands on Shmi's shoulders? Was something going on between them or was it just me?

Also, what kind of accent does Jar Jar have? Is it just me or does it sound rather Jamaican?Finally, why does he not to the shaking/spitting thing after he is done speaking?

::shrugs::

7. Tarik

Tarik Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2000
    About the whole Qui-gon Shmi thing I think you wonder too much but we will see in the movies!!

About Jar Jar I'm with you - he sound kinda Jamaican, maybe a little too much for my taste, but what could they have done!
    I also think he is a little too much of a comedian sidekick - they went over the edge wiht him! The whole spitting and shaking thing is only Boss Nass that does this. I haven't seen other Gungans do it either so this confirms my thoughts!

8. DarthObsidian

DarthObsidian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    JarJar has a decidedly Gungan accent. The same as BossNass has.

JarJar does that shaking thing once but it's nowhere near as pronounced as BossNass'. Maybe it's an age thing. BossNass is getting old

9. Darth Briji

Darth Briji Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2000
    For Pete's sake, Jar Jar is a Gungan! Gungans have Gungan accents! Jeez, how thick r u guys?!?!

Darth Briji
    99%: evil
    1%: ?

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    That was uncalled for, Briji.

11. Twin Suns

Twin Suns Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, after all the troubles I have had with my video it's done. A lot of my friends want to see it, so I thought I would burn it onto a CD, or put it back on my digital cam and then onto a VHS tape. Unfortunately I have tried both ways, and neither seem to work.

When I try to burn it, I use Adaptec CD Creator, I go into the program, but when I attempt to record it onto the CD, it says that my CD burner can't be detected, and I should check the connection. But the drive is recognized in my System and My Computer folers.

Then I try to put it back on my camera. I use Ulead. I;m actually not sure how to get it back to my camcorder using it.

I also have Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere if any of these help.

This is of diere importance, if any one can help me it would be a great help.

12. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    As far as burning it, if you're getting that error with EZ CD Creator try reinstalling it or gettin another CD Creation software (if that's the non-retail version you need a new package anyway to do VCDs. NTI CD maker is a pretty goot choice...

As far as going back to video, that depends on what card you have. What card do you have?

13. Twin Suns

Twin Suns Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    I use firewire.

14. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Well, then you will have to export it to your DV camera and then copy from the DV to a VHS. As far as how exactly to export it, I know the theory but have never actually done it in practice. Perhaps someone a little more versed in the firewire universe could give you better advice. What firewire software are you using?

15. IceJedi59

IceJedi59 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2000
    1) That was Called for.

2) Quit makin fun of a species accents. They may sound Jamacin to you but to the Naboo they sound Gungunien. mad.gif

16. Croaten

Croaten Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2000
    Right on!

17. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Newbies rolleyes.gif

Mace Windy.
    the windiest is back!

18. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Hell yeah Qui-Gon & Shmi are close....they're the two oldest people in the movie (except for Palpatine & Valorum) and Qui-Gon cares about her.

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

19. Jedi-Rillus

Jedi-Rillus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2000
    I don't thinks so Nar., Qui-Gon has done the same thing with a lot of different people in the past so I would say that it is morely out of a show of respect not out of love.

(where do u guess get these ideas?)

(and yes I am only an Apprentice despite what it says under my name, just ignore that; I'll announce when I do have my true Knighthood here)

20. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Just bringing this back up for Twin Suns...

21. MiSTRFiNGA

MiSTRFiNGA Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2000
    Hey guys, I know this is not the way to contact you, but my mail server is down, and I wanted to send this out ASAP. Jose, ICQ me @ 45326570 and Matt, I have always wanted the Rancor monster, BUT, could we get the Watto,Dewback, and Sebulba meshes?? I will do the BIP info, so you can concentrate on the superb moeling skills you posses-then I can send you the model BIPed! I am currently finishing up the PitDroid, and am gonna look into the StormTrooper, to get the maps better looking. I want the Dewback the most, then Watto and Sebulba for the Pod Race using the Arena Darth Schwarz and Myself are finishing. Then we can get a nice CG character animation going!! Any questions or if ya need any help at all ICQ me @ 45326570 or email is Mistrfinga@aol.com .I have finished my work for this month, and I got alot of free time to get some of this stuff done now, and want to get a bunch done till my next job pops up. Peace Out

-=(V)iSTRFiNGA=-

22. Combustible Insect

Combustible Insect Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    Are you planning on continuing? This has lots of potential.

23. Jedi Tamara

Jedi Tamara Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 1999
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!

24. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Really good so far!! It's cool how you turned Darth Vader and Palpatine into humourous characters....any chance of any more?

25. Jose Skywalker

Jose Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    Hi MISTA,
    I'd be very glad to check it out, but right now I don't have ICQ access. Please sent it to me by e-mail (if you fix your mail server problems).
    THX
    Jose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.