main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    What? She has a sword now, I'd say that's different.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'm not sure what to think of Wario's... uh... super move. [face_sick]

Other than that, the game looks awesome. Forget the 360 and PS3, the Wii will definitely be my next console. Can't wait to play as Snake and Zero Suit Samus. :D

3. Mace_Won

Mace_Won Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2006
    What's up everyone! This game is gonna be frickin' sweet!! Nintendo's goin' out on top this generation:cool: All I really want to see implemented in this game is a hit point mode that can be set higher than 300 hp, and more interactive levels.

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    My choice of characters in melee were always Link and Samus. They're back and looking better than ever. PLUS, I get zero-suit Samus. Can't wait to see what she can do.
    Oh I hope Shiek/Zelda return :(

5. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Me too. She's my favourite in Melee. I kick some serious tail with that chick.

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I agree with Todan.

7. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    What caught my attention was what looks like a super move, almost like Street Fighter. Mario's fireball special looks intense in that demo video.

Since Snake is in there, I wonder how many other non-Nintendo character will make appearances, if any. You'd think it would be obvious to grab one or two from Sega and Namco, considering the relationship the companies have with Nintendo of late. Pac-Man and Sonic ... hmm ...

8. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    [face_monkey] [face_peace] Thanks Aragorn327 for translating

I was not going to buy the Wii because of the controller and now the name but i think if I see more cool stuff like a rely cool star wars game and more characters on the new Super smash bros I will buy it also what would be cool is if you could have a mission mode were you have to stop the evil characters from taking over maps

Todan
    :D

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Pit brings back memories, and lightsaber Samus looked cool. But . . .

I'm going to ask this. Did . . . did I just see a farting Wario? :confused:

10. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    *finds new pants after thinking about online*

11. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Same here, as long as G-dorf is getting back in the game, I'll be happy. He's the first character I learned how to Short hop, L-cancel and wavedash with. If they could just give some of his moves less lag and get rid of some of his useless moves like volcanoe kick and warlock punch, he'd be even higher on the tier list.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Ok I just had an awesome thought: downloadable characters. Let's say in a few years Nintendo comes out with a new IP and some cool new character. They could turn that character into a SSB fighter and make him availible for download, maybe for a few bucks. How cool is that?

13. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Thats a pretty beast idea come to think of it, they could do the same with weapons and maps...

14. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

Oh, so you mean Captain Falcon. Who, by the way, pwns the soul of Ganondorf.

15. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    QFT.

16. The_Last_Gunslinger

The_Last_Gunslinger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    That is one of the best ideas I've heard of in a long time, especially for this kind of game.

Sucks that it isn't supposed to be a launch game but if that means more time to get it perfect and add more characters, more power to them. I know people say Nintendo only has good franchise games but this thing is gonna rock when it comes out.

Can't wait.

17. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    As far as samus goes, do you think she would be able to change from armored to zero suit, similar to how Zelda is able to change into the ninja character? I think thatd be awsome.

18. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I'm actually kinda scared about Samus. She's always been my favorite to play with. If they change her too much... :(

19. The_Last_Gunslinger

The_Last_Gunslinger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Would anyone be in favor of her perhaps fighting without her helmet on? Just a thought.

20. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They have the original Samus, then the Zero Suit Samus. It's just like Mario and Doctor Mario, they're two seperate entities. LOL, tities. Can I say that?

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Only if you post them.

22. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005

23. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh, so you mean Captain Falcon. Who, by the way, pwns the soul of Ganondorf.

No, I am pretty sure, no I'm positive, that isn't what he meant at all.I think he meant give him some faster moves, or get rid of some of the lag on his old ones, I thought that was obvious, since that is what he posted. I could be wrong though.

Also, Falcon is terrible. He can't jump worth crap, he is like a falling rock with an anchor tied to a blue whale tied to him.

24. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Am I the only one here who pwned with Yoshi?

25. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Am I the only here who still plays SSB on the N64? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.