main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Speaking of which, I guess I should mention that I added you to my Friends Roster, Quest (or at least, I should have). If you decide to add me back, just notify me and we can set up a match sometime.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Is it me or is Meta Knight the biggest noob friendly character in a fighting game?

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    He's up there, but I've generally seem more noobs aiming towards The Yellow Rat I Hate, given ranged attacks and Thunderbolt.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Pikachu is more damaging for a noob fighter, especially with the thunderbolt. Meta Knight is fast and rapid but doesn't do enough damage to be much of a threat, generally, unless the player is already experienced, though he's effective against certain characters sometimes.

6. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
  7. ixoyefreak

ixoyefreak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    I think we have a thread for this game.

Why yes, it's right there on the first page! What are the odds! [/quote]

HOLY CRAP boba_fett_2001 you can read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradulations I wish I could read as well as you, but I am not as good as you. Maybe i thought that it would be easier in its own thread. Get people to answer in it then trying to find it in a BIG thread. Maybe readers just want to know about characters and not about the game so they don't read this forum. Gosh, what was i thinking? I am totally wrong.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Hey, I'm not the one who locked it now was I?

Also, lol.

9. ixoyefreak

Nov 4, 2005
    haha, i know. its just what you said that pissed me off. but its all good, i shouldn't be mad at you. i am sorry

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    internet, serious business.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    fixed.

:snoopy

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Alright, finished SSE. Overall, I really enjoyed it- though The Maze part was a little confusing to adjust to (might have been easier if I had noticed the Bowser/enemy icons flashing on the map sooner than 2/3rds done ;) ) but once I understood it, I rather liked it- it actually made the whole Subspace concept make sense and brings the story full circle, though I would have liked it a lot more of they had inserted some original transitory levels between the reused/captured levels.

I have to ask, though- is Tabuu from somewhere I don't remember? Or is he a new creation? Is he supposed to be the force behind The Master Hand, or was he just controlling TMH?

13. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    I wondered about you-know-who as well. I haven't seen him anywhere before.

14. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Snake and Kirby pwn in this game. Great game.

9.5/10

15. ixoyefreak

Nov 4, 2005
    I LOVE pit.

16. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I love Metal Zero Suit Samus. [face_whistling] ...what?

Seriously, though, Pitt is probably my main. Followed by Marth(holdover from Melee), Snake, PT, Lucario, and any Samus(another holdover from Melee for me). And then whoever I might pick randomly. But those are the ones I mainly play as.

I need to get better with Luigi too. Because I do so love his ZA WARUDO final smash.

17. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    It is! Watch what you say! There might be interweb wars!

18. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    My roommate said he thought it was from some Japan only released game.

My random scanning of interwebs didn't turn anything useful up.

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "The taking of the battleship Halberd, as well as the scuffle between King Dedede and Meta Knight, were not shown in the game, because those scenes unfortunately had to be cut."

NOOOOOOOO!!! I want more Halberd!

Dedede's plotline/motivations is something I missed, as well as the whole Island of the Ancients aspect of things. I really wish they could have thrown in some text crawls at least to explain some of these aspects.

21. Evil_X_13

Apr 8, 2008
    [image=http://www.thegadgetblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/sonic_4wii.jpg]

22. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    What's this? Combos in Brawl?

Follow the link to view DBR's mini-combo vid. It's probably the best combo video out there thus far. The Meta combos are kind of standard (though still fairly impressive I guess), though otherwise there are a few incredibly unique/impressive combos in here.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, DBR is a Smash crew in NorCal. They were probably one of the more well-known or better Melee crews. SilentSpectre (Falcon main in Melee) was playing as Snake in this video, Hella was playing as Sonic, King (Jiggs main in Melee) was playing as Marth, and Germ (Link main; if I recall also discovered moonwalking in Melee) was playing as Wolf. I think that may have been Zelgadis playing as Dedede in the video, though I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the Meta player either.

EDIT: After viewing the video again, the names of the players and their corresponding characters are all in the video description.

23. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    though i'd still have to claim falco as my all-time favorite i have had some repeated success playing with sonic the hedgehog lately. i know it sounds silly, but you really do have to "play him like sonic". i tend to spend about as much time in the air as i do on the ground in most matches. i guess i'm just fly that way.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've given a few plays with Sonic and he does play alot in the air- I've noticed he actually is effective if you play him as if you were playing an older TMNT arcade-or-later game, with lots of diagonal "jump kicks" back and forth.

25. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Anyone online?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.