main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I love toon link, fun characters to play with.

2. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    EDIT: Nevermind. I'll be doing something else for a while, though if any of you wants to set up a match contact me (either through this thread or through PM) and it should work out as I'm almost completely free the rest of the night.

3. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    WATCH THIS

This guy is pretty amazing. All Level 1 Target Tests completed in under 5 minutes total (that's approximately 7 seconds per character). He holds several world records on several different difficulty settings with a number of different characters.

This is pretty cool too

The first video posted was created by LinksDarkArrows, one of the most well-recognized and best "target Smashers" out there. The second is Tapion's, a competitive Melee Smasher (Falcon main) and now a competitive Brawler as well. He's ranked number one on SmashBrawlRankings (a large online Brawl site for setting up WiFi matches, go check it outhere), and is a great Smasher in general.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Where do you set up text taunts, btw? I haven't been able to locate that.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Click on your own name in your address book.

6. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Man, I'm really proud of myself. I'm not a person who's all that great at videogames. In fact, I suck at them when compared to many of you, but still love them. This weekend I was determined to become good with snake, and at the time I could bet a Level 2 about 50% of the time with him. After working up to fighting level fives yesterday (random opponent, stage, and no items), I made the sudden jump to level nines just for the hell of it. Although it took me a few tries, I have beaten these characters at Level Nine difficulty tonight:

Captain Falcon
    Gannondorf
    Lucario
    Snake
    Pit
    Marth
    R.O.B.

ALL as Snake, whom no one I know can play well. I'm really proud of myself!:D

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You should try a cruel brawl.:p

8. The_Mask

Jun 2, 2005
    What's that?

9. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    Cruel Brawl is where you fight a number of alloys that have extremely powerful attacks, and essentially fight as one coordinated unit. I've only been able to defeat the challenge for Cruel Brawl by tricking the alloys into self destructing by using a tether recovery eg. Zero Suit Samus. (The alloys will come after you and you can trick them to go beyond their point of recovery) The only advantage is the alloys have very bad recovery, but that usually doesn't matter as getting significant damage on them is nearly impossible.

10. The_Mask

Jun 2, 2005
    What's an alloy?

11. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Alloys are the Brawl equivalent of the Wire Frames in Melee. They're basically faceless characters that mimic the moveset and appearance of a real character.
    Here are some examples:

[image=http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/super_smash_bros_3_conceptart_8qZQ2_thumb.jpg]

[image=http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/super_smash_bros_3_conceptart_16o1f_thumb.jpg]

12. The_Mask

Jun 2, 2005
    Ah, thanks! :D

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks- though, am I missing something, or is there no space button?

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I can't really remember, but it's one of the symbol buttons.

15. Balrog_Paradox

Balrog_Paradox Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2003
    Using Jigglypuff to lure them off the level and then floating under it to the other side is also very effective.
    Like so

And I finally got a hold of a Wii, so here is my friend code for any who want it: 1805-2597-5131

16. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    I'll add you when I have the time Balrog. My FC is in my sig if you care to add me in return.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  18. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Ah man.

My colors! They are gone. Now I'm back to being a honkey like the rest of you.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the final video:

Where's your speed now? Oh, there it is.

Me chortle. :p

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Can anyone explain to me what you're supposed to do in the home run mode? I've managed to get the punching bag hit out of the cage a few times, but most of the time it just keeps bouncing around inside the force field. Are you supposed to time it to the last second when the force field drops? Are you supposed to weaken the bag first before hitting it? Will only a fully charged bat hit with enough force to make the bag break through the force field? Are you only supposed to hit the bag from a particular spot inside the cage? I can't really tell, and there's no explanation in the manual.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The object of Home Run Derby is to hit the sandbag as far as you can. The more damage you deal to it before you hit it with the bat, the further it will fly. Hit it as much as possible and then smash it with the bat when the timer reaches zero. The force field is just there to prevent strong hits form knocking the sandbag off the platform too early.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, well the force field is annoying since it even stops fully-charged bat swings sometimes and, more times than not, ends up throwing the bad towards the back of the platform where you can't hit it in time.

23. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    You can break the force field if you hit it enough times. It's easy to throw the bat repeatedly and use the force field to your advantage, like so.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That links worth it just for all the comments of people having to correct other people with posts of "METERS!" [face_laugh]

25. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    My code's 0774-5059-6909 if anyone ever wants to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.