main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Super Star Wars and Yoda Stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    could someone who owns Super SW, Super ESB, Super ROTJ, Yoda Stories Wikify with PICs all the characters/villians/droids/critters

is the habogad=dragondnake?

i really want to see the ice cats and Hoth hogs!

2. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    I have a lot of the SSW stuff uploaded on the wookiee already. Im not sure if the people there has deleted it already. If so contact me here since I still have those and a lot more not loaded yet... SSW-SESB... Havent gotten to SSWROTJ yet since the Vader at the end of SSWESB cheats... :D

3. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    now THAT's a great game!

4. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Paging Rogue_Follower ...

Rogue_Follower to Wookieepedia O.R. please....

;)

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Wut? ;)

The Habogad is not a dragonsnake, or a swamp slug. Its a giant green monster that shoots snot at you.

EDIT: Some pics...

Hoth Hog
    Ice Cat

(Those things in the air above the cat are either spikes or frozen fur; it shoots/throws them at you when you get too close. )

I'll try to get some more screengrabs later, but I don't have enough time right now to fully indulge my SSW obsession... :(

6. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    ah, i know what it is we need from Yoda Stories: pic of the Alessian Terror moth (thoughts of Mothra cross my mind)

Rogue:thx for the Hoth critter pics. I am guessing the ice cat is also native to Hoth.

can you help update the Super SW/ESB/ROTJ pages

You seem to know all the proper names for the critters, ie, the current page says "porcupine" and "unknown Dagobah creature" rather than "ice cat" or "habogad", if you could fix those things and make some articles, and I would help if I owned the games (are their PC versions available of the Super... games?)

7. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Some corrections, from the game manuals (and memory.)

SSW:
    Sandbats - Mynocks
    Womp Rats - WompRats [Sic]
    Giant Sand Worms - Sandworms
    Frogs - Drogs (Look to be closely related to Worrts, only greener.)
    Rodians - Greedo
    Wolfmen - Sivrak
    Aqualish - Ponda Boba [sic]
    Kubaz - Garindan
    Devaronians - Labria
    Matinence Droid Mini-Boss - Maintenance Droid (from the Death Star Technical Companion.)
    EV Supervisor Droids - Factory Droids (from the Death Star Technical Companion.)

Bosses
    The Sarlacc - Sarlacc Pit Monster
    Jawenko lava beast - Lava Beast Jawenko
    Imperial Defense Droid - (Is actually a combat modified B1 Worker Droid.)

SESB:
    Snow boars - Hoth Hogs
    Porcupine - Ice Cat (Oddly, these are also found on Dagobah, so they may not be Hoth-native.)
    Ice-breathing Wampas - Wampa (They do have freezing breath, but that's probably just a gameplay mechanic.)

Spacetroopers - (Yes, there really are spacetroopers in this game. They're nasty, too.)
    Kidney-like plants - Helio (Actually a floating jellyfish thing.)
    Dagobah birds - Dagle
    Dagobah gators - Igua-Jaw
    Giant Beasts - Gundarc [Sic]
    4-LOM Protocol Bounty Hunter Droids - 4-LOM
    Trandoshans - BOSSK [Sic]
    Dengar look-alikes - DENGAR [Sic]
    IG-series Assassin Droids - IG88 [Sic]

Bosses
    Wampa King - Wampa Beast
    Giant Probe Droid - Imperial Probe Droid
    Imperial Craft - C-A-T (Combat Attack Transport)
    AT-ST that can jump - AT-ST (Yes, it can jump; so can the AT-STs in ESB for the NES.)
    Unknown Dagobah creature - Swamp Creature Habogad
    Bespin Garbage Craft - Ugharro Mining Crusher (Some sort of Ugnaught vehicle.)

Most of that is from the game manual, but stuff like the bounty hunters being on Bespin is probably gameplay mechanics. Unforunately, Super RotJ's instruction booklet doesn't have an enemies list. :(

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Alas, neither does Nintndo Power #67.

I tried ;)

9. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey Rogue, you should come join the Wookieepedia. The article Mouse droid has your name written all over it!!

~Eyrezer

10. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    First 50 & Down Under

There you go... some of what Rogue said is over there... feel free to make articles out of them... S_C. They might get deleted otherwise.

11. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    razzy and rogue, can you tell me which pics go with which names?

*Rogue, it is ashame those are mynocks and not sandbats, since sandbats are actually mentioned in VD and Marvel

12. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    about SSW ESB:

first, I am not sure which pic is the Dagobah caterpillar and which the Dagobah centipede

also, the Hoth bear was not in the existing list. Is it just a wampa on four legs?

And I am having trouble identifying these from the first game:

[[Image:EscapeFromMosEisleyDroidArm.jpg]]
    [[Image:EscapeFromMosEisleyMaintenanceDroid.jpg]]
    [[Image:DeathStarDroid.jpg]]
    [[Image:DeathStarDroid2.jpg]]
    [[Image:SanCrawlerFlyingDroid.jpg]]
    [[Image:SandCrawlerInteriorMonster.jpg]]

13. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    "Hoth bears" are an original enemy, and aren't wampas or Hoth hogs. I've always thought they look a lot like Elom... [face_thinking]

The "Dagobah centipede" is the blue insect, while the "Dagobah caterpillar" is the orange worm thing (they seem to inhabit the digestive track of the Habogad.) Both names are unofficial, AFAIK.

The Ugharro Mining Crusher picture is incorrect; that's actually the "Bespin hovercraft" boss. It looks suspiciously like two Firesprays joined end-to-end.

Some notes:

-Ice cats, "electric eels", "piranhas", and "artic plants" show up on Hoth and Dagobah, possibly implying that these species are non-native to either planet. The eels and "piranhas" also show up on Endor in Super RotJ.

Super RotJ:

-Cliff-borer worms should be among the enemies list.
    -Some of the Imperial speeder bikes seen in this game are near identical to NASA's prototype "moon bike" that appears at the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum. (I think. Its been a while since I've been to Wright-Pat, but I remember looking at that and smiling.)
    -The "Unknown Imperial droid" looks similar to one on the droid chart in the Death Star Technical Companion.
    -The "FX Medical Droid" may be related to the Arakyd Stilleto Security Droid, from Fantastic Technology: Droids. They look similar (same weapon arm, same body-shape, same role), though there are notable differences in appearance.
    -The "Flying fish" looks to be very similar to the Anomalocaris, an extinct sea creature from the Cambrian Period (of Earth. :p )
    -The "giant skiff guard" is a member of the Esoomian species.
    -"EV-9D9" is actually some sort of Imperial droid on Endor, which rides an attack speeder vehicle. It does kinda look like an EV-unit, though.
    -The "giant platform with droids" boss looks like some sort of Imperial assault shuttle. It drops Spacetroopers, and electrified mines.
    -The "giant wall-mounted gun" is actually the power core of the Endor shield generator complex.

14. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    According to "Super Star Wars Official Game Secrets" one Rodian in SSW is Breedo.

Kam

15. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Interesting. I've been trying to find those books for a long time, without success.

16. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Hey, Wikia doesnt have a picarticle on Stiletto security droids. Help us, Rogue?

Rogue, you say one of the droids is the maintenance droid in DSTC, you mean the MN-2#?

Also, Rogue, can you add the {{conjecture}} tag to any articles where it is needed?

The plants on Dagobah and Hoth...how are they dangerous? Do they explode? Could the be the famed grenade fungus?

Going over the current Wikia page about ROTJ Super:
    hawkbat--where is this encountered?
    boar like beast--someting on Tatooine? perhaps = zucca boar of Galaxies?
    is sandworm=cliffborer?
    invisible lizards--Tatooine? invisible?
    crawling energy bugs, purple mantis, needle rats--elucidatew! what planet?
    piranha plant--the plant on Hoth and Dagobah in ESB game? what planet?
    arthropod worms=cliffborer?
    blobs, slugs, crawlfish, bats=dagobah? (the bats on Dagobah in Lego SW?)
    mini-frogs--where from, why so called
    dragonflies, dinosaur, lizards, giant free frog, huge forest snake--all Endor?
    blue royal guards? remnants of Senate Guard?
    pics of everything not piced yet?
    giant forest beast?
    giant Bubo--frog dog mutant?

17. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    I'll try to keep helping, but my new job has me really busy and I doubt I can spread my time between Lit and the Wookiee. :(

-The MN-2E is the Maintenance Droid mini-boss in the Mos Eisley Docking Bay level of Super Star Wars. Sorry for the confusion there.
    -I believe the "plants" on Hoth and Dagobah are actually some sort of animal, like a sea anemone or a barnacle. They have a mound-like shell, and tentacles on top. They aren't grenade fungus, though a form of exploding mushroom does appear in Empire Strikes Back for the NES.
    -"Hawkbats" are human-sized green flying reptiles that attack you just outside of Jabba's palace. They do kinda look like the young hawkbats from Wildlife of Star Wars, but calling them that is really just wishful thinking (AFAIK.)
    -"Boar-like" beasts are also found just outside of Jabba's palace. I've always had a private retcon that they were the pit boars (or whatever they're called) that Lando's guard facemask is taken from.
    -"Sandworms" aren't cliffborers, there some sort of snake that lunges at you out of holes in the ground. Their face is much longer than the Super Star Wars sandworms, but they could still be somehow related.
    -Invisible lizards are found on Endor. They look like armored chameleons, and "disappear" by changing colors.
    -"Crawling energy bugs" are found outside Jabba's palace. They move half under the sand, and pop up and attack you with some sort of energy blasts.
    -Giant purple mantids and "needle rats" are found on both Tatooine and Endor. The former is just what it sounds like (a ~3m long mantis-like thing) and the later is something of a spiny armadillo.
    -I don't recall the piranha plants in SESB off the top of my head, but the name comes from the mutant venus flytraps found in the Mario universe. ;)
    -"Arthropod worms" are the cliffborers.
    -"mini-frogs" are small (10-30cm, perhaps?) green frogs that may be found on Tatooine and Endor. I'm guessing they're intended to be Jabba's food, since he vomits them up at you while you're fighting him.
    -"dragonflies, dinosaur, lizards, giant free frog, huge forest snake" are indeed all on Endor.
    -The "blue royal guards" are actually purple, and there's only one of him. I've always though of him as being a Sovereign Protector, but there's not much to back that up besides his special status and my wishful thinking.
    -The giant forest beast is a boss on Endor. It looks similar to the "mammal-like reptiles" found on Earth during the Triassic period. In the Gameboy and GameGear versions of the game, smaller individuals of the same species appear outside Jabba's palace.
    -B'omarr monks also appear in the Gameboy/GameGear version outside of Jabba's palace.
    -The "giant Bubo" is indeed a gigantic frog-dog. He spits smaller frog-dogs at you, possibly indicating that frog-dogs (at least th

18. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    so that may simply be the size of a fully matured adult frog-dog, cool

Rogue: you seem knowledgeable about prehisotric animals, so perhaps you can answer a non-SW question. I've been looking for some good websites about prehistoric mammals (other than mammoths and the other "charismatic megafauna)! Much harder to find tha sites about dinosaurs. Suggestions? I particularly recall an excellent site that had black and white line drawings of numerous genera, but I can't find it now.

Razzy, if you will get Super ROTJ pics, I will try to article them. And you and Rogue may want to double-check my articles for accuracy, since I don't own the games.

19. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003

And I always thought Habogad was just Dagobah spelled backward...

20. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey Rogue, is this guy identified as Zuckuss?
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/72/CloudCityBigEye.jpg]

21. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Zuckuss is oddly left out of the game manual, but I'm fairly certain that's intended to be him.

C_S: Sorry, don't know of any good paleo websites. Most of my knowledge on the subject comes from my younger years---10+ years ago I was a big fossil buff. I guess I still am, to some extent, but I don't keep up with the "industry" as much as I used to. :(

22. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Thanks Rogue. It is actually quite good that he is not identified. I showed that pic to the author of the newly revamped Zuckuss article on Wookieepedia. It is now mentioned in the BTS as his appearance on Bespin would not have worked well in established continuity.

~ Eyrezer

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just announced that the Super SW trilogy will be hitting the Virtual Console, so getting pics of any missing enemies will probably be easier now.

24. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Super Star Wars is coming to the virtual console! Woot! I was just talking to a friend about these games the other day, too.

Now I have something to punish myself with when I'm feeling masochistic.

25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I've got ROMs for all those games on my comp, but I just can't bring myself to play them without an appropriate controller. Using the keyboard is weak.

So now I need to dig up my SNES and find those games and play them. I used to spend hours upon hours upon hours playing them when I was a young teen. I remember being so stoked for Super ROTJ... and then getting it for my birthday. It was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.