main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Superbowl

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by The_Green_Ranger, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    anyone going anywhere for the bowl? I'm going to be at Hooters with some friends if anyone wants to hang out. Hope to see some of you there...

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks for the invite, but I'll probably watch at home. I'm kind of indifferent as to the outcome, but I have some money riding in a few pools, so I'll at least keep up with the quarterly scores. I suppose if I was forced to choose, I'd pull for New England. But really, it would be more pulling against Philadelphia than for New England. Plus, if I went to Hooters, I'd never be able to pay attention to the game anyway. :p

My Super Bowl happens Wednesday night - Carolina/Dook! :D

3. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    it was such a long weekend I'm not going afterall. I'm beat and my friend who I was riding with wasnt going anyway so ahh well.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well it's halftime and I've won nothing yet. At this point, I need a ridiculous number of safeties to make my numbers work. Oh well, there's always next year.

5. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, been waiting for this game all season, Dal. :) Got any bets on this one? I do.... GO HEELS!!! :D

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Heh, no bets on this particular game. I made one large bet on UNC to win the NCAA's during my last trip to Vegas before the season started. I get a tidy little sum from the Venetian if all goes well. When I made that bet, I told myself I would not bet on them for any other game all year.

If Manuel can shadow Redick like he has done in the past, Dook will have to rely on Shelden Williams down low, and I don't think he can handle that rotation of May, Jawad, and Marvin all night. Granted, these games always end up as career nights for some nobody like Melchionni or Randolph, so you never can tell. If UNC plays their game and runs all night, Dook will get crushed at Cameron, which would be awesome.

7. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Oh well, I am a little dissappointed not so much at the loss but the fact that they didn't get a shot off before the buzzer. They turned the ball over way too much and that's what killed them tonight. Duke played great defense and Carolina just made some bad passes. I was happy at the end simply because they pulled it back to within 1 point. I hope they beat 'em by about 20 when they come back to Chapel Hill.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    We played our worst game of the year and still should've won. Why Raymond didn't take that lane to the basket is beyond me. Still, we had 23 turnovers and not even half of those were truly a result of good defense. We were just sloppy and Rashad couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night. Oh well, suck it up and get ready for UConn. It's only one game and we get another crack at them later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.