main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Supergirl - a H/L songfic HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for the reviews!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Calandria, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Title: Supergirl
    Author(s): Calandria
    Timeframe: anytime after ROTJ probably before COPL
    Characters: H/L and Luke
    Genre: songfic
    Keywords: romance and angst?
    Summary: Han and Leia had a fight, and now each tries to come to terms with their relationship, neither really understanding what the other feels or why.
    Notes: Just a little something random that popped into my head while browsing my music library...
    Confession:unbetaed... so forgive me my little idosycracies and mistakes. ;)

Supergirl

Han leaned back in his seat, through half closed eyes, one hand on his blaster, he watched the smoke curl up to the roof of the tap caf. If he held his head just a little to the side, he could almost think he was back in the Cantina on Tatooine. But only almost. And happily he wasn't. Not a place he remembered all too fondly. Not that this made this particular tap caf any better. The look of the place was probably why he'd chosen it ? it reminded him of the past, of his time before there was Leia.

Leia. He savored the feel of her name, the texture of the vowels, the sensation in the pit of his stomach when he though about her. He'd never admit to those things. Not to her. Not to anyone. It would tarnish his image as a scroundle after all. He grinned at the thought. But that grin faded just as quickly. Her imaged wavered in the smoke and her remembered that last argument they had. Would it be the last? Would she finally wake up and see that he wasn't good enough for her? She was some kind of a superwoman. The energy core that kept the fledgling New Republic going. Without her he doubted the second ? let alone the first ? Death Star would have been destroyed. And he was just a good for nothing, not quite reformed smuggler. What he he to offer her?

He leaned back deeper in his seat ? his eyes never fully closed ? and allowed himself the daydream he knew he could lose any moment. He pictured Leia walking towards him, a smile on her lips, a glimmer of glee in her eyes, and that swagger of the hips that showed the world she could take on the universe and anything it decided to throw at her.

You Can Tell By The Way She Walks
    That She's My Girl
    You Can Tell By The Way She Talks
    She Rules The World
    You Can See In Her Eyes
    That No One Is Her Chief
    She's My Girl - My Supergirl

Leia paced back and forth in her small living room, occasionally knocking a datapad or other random item off tables and seats and window sills. Her eyes flashed with the fury of a barely restrained storm as she mangled the flowers she still held in her hands.

?How could he!?she began mumbling to herself as her pacing became more agitated. ?Doesn't he know anything at all? Is he so dense?? Eventually she whirled around and collapsed onto a convenient sofa standing by. For the longest of time she stared into space ? at pictures and images she alone could see. The anger she felt slowly abated and she shook her head. The words she would have said next having died on her lips: ?Why do I even put up with him?? She knew the answer. At times she didn't like it. Didn't like feeling so dependent on anyone. Resented her feeling of need. She was a superwoman after all. Isn't that what others often tell her? She didn't have time to have feelings of her own. The New Republic needed her.

And then there were the times when she just felt like crying. Those times when she knew she wasn't strong enough alone and desperately wanted someone to hold her, and keep the universe at bay. She knew what others said about her: she was the strong one who never broke down. She was the one who made this dream a reality. But that was only her shell. Inside the shell she just wanted to curl up somewhere warm and safe, and forget about it all.

And Han allowed her that.

And Then She'd Say It's OK
    I Got Lost On The Way
    But I'm A Supergirl
    And Supergirls Don't Cry
    And She'd Say It's Alright
    I Got Home Late Last Night
    But I'm A Supergirl
    And Superg

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was a wonderful viggie Calandria. Very realistic how arguements can seem like the end of the world and yet manage to even strengthen a relationship some times.

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    This reminds me why I like this pairing so much. Strong characters both, with drives both apparent and nuanced.

Thank you for sharing this.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! =D=

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah, Calandria! I haven't seen you around in a LONG time! Nice job with the H/L viggie! :D

PT ... formerly known as GreatOne. ;)

6. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Excellent songfic. Leia really is the "supergirl" of the Star Wars Universe. But, as Luke well knew, and Han was only starting to figure out, she couldn't remain that way without her support network, especially Han. And as most of us Han/Leia fans would attest, it is the mix of volatile and tender that makes their relationship so fascinating and fun. Great writing!! :)

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Nice, vey nice! :)

8. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Thanks for all the great responses. I believe it's the most I've ever revieved for a one poster. Makes me feel as if my writing isn't as bad as I always thought it was. ;)

It's actually what my parents' relationship is like. My brothers and I duck for cover when they argue... and roll our eyes when the mush starts going. ;)

I have to admit I'm a sucker for the pairing. Advertise it... and I'll read it. (even if I am lamentable at actually reviewing...

aww shucks... Thanks. It's not a phrase I usually get to hear when talking about my writing.

I've just had a rather rotten year behind me. I didn't have much energy left over to write. It's probably gonna be like that for a few more months still, but I think the worst is over. Now I just have MA thesis and final exams coming up, but that's still a year away.

I take the "nice job" as a high compliment coming from someone who knows their H/L pairing. ;) Thanks!

I think it's an universally given that any strong character is only as strong as those around him/her. Without the support of loved ones and friends life is rather bleak. No one really stands alone, even if they may think, and often they notice too late just how important a particular friendship is to them.

Why do you think I enjoy torturing the two of them so much? They're just the perfect pair for it because of that mix. You can drive them to extremes, and somehow they still manage to stick together. =)

Thanks! I always like getting feedback. Makes me want to write more. ;)

and A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Hope all your dreams and wishes and heart's believes will come true this year... or at least not be disappointed!

9. shannonohara

shannonohara Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    Hey that was FANTASTIC, its not over is it? I want more....please. What happens next? Do they make up? Does she throw him out?

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Very realistic - I can easily see Han and Leia in that situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.