main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Superhero Overload?

Discussion in 'Community' started by EHT, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm pretty sure I'll be bailing from the comic book movies after this year. Guardians of the Galxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok should be reasonably fun, and then I think I'm out. Logan felt like the last word on the genre anyway.

CT1138 likes this.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I think I'm done after Infinity War.

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Looking forward to Black Panther and Wonder Woman.

One thing I am sick of though, are straight forward origin stories.

If more superhero movies are being made, please do something to subvert, invert or totally skip the classic origin tale.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The trailer to Netflix's The Tick dropped today

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's still a superhero.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yep, hopefully another good one to watch! Still no overload here. :D

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    It's a parody of superhero fiction, though. It might be just what we need in these troubled times. [face_thinking]

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    perfectly cast

9. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Are there any other non-DC, non-Marvel superheroe tv shows or movies coming out?

I don't mean simply comic book adaptations but straight superhero stuff?

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Marvel and DC pretty much cornered the market on superheroes in the funnybooks, like, decades ago. Every once in a blue moon, Image may hit with Robert Kirkman's Invincible or Spawn but that is rare. But Invincible has a movie deal in development and Spawn begat Sam and Twitch (paranormal cops) which has a TV series in development.

But superheroes in capes that aren't DC or Marvel and on TV or movies? Can't see that happening for a long while. Aside from The Tick.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A few Valiant superhero titles are being adapted, as is Invincible, Jupiter's Legacy and the seemingly-eternally-in-development Spawn reboot, amongst a couple others.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm not sure what repulses me more; BigFails posting style or the abomination that's Amazon's The Tick.

SuperWatto likes this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    No overload here, but I do hope eventually with all of these movies someone comes along and does a Silver Age superhero movie and makes it completely faithful to the comic.

Like I would love a 100% stand alone Superman movie series starting with him as Superboy and bringing in the Legion of Super-Heroes, etc. Or a Fantastic Four taken completely from Lee and Kirby, maybe even as a period piece.

15. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    itt people don't understand the meaning of the phrase "superhero overload".

EHT, tom and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, too much, but it does not bother me because I purposely do not see most of them. The characters I like, I may see the film if it looks good. Ditto for characters I have heard of, but never read. Anything else, I skip. I promptly forget most of them anyway, so in that sense they have become like the medium to me; watch and wash.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  17. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I eventually caved and watched BvS out of morbid curiosity. It worked as a comedy. :p

appleseed likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Can't say I've experienced any type of "superhero overload" and probably won't since I grew up reading comic books, watching the cartoons and TV shows like the 66 Batman and 70s Wonder Woman.

Well, I say it's prime time for a Greatest American Hero reboot and a sequel to Mystery Men and Hancock. But, there's definitely a follow up film to Unbreakable and Split called "Glass."

In January, it was announced that a reboot of Witchblade was in development, but it's being developed by NBC so it will probably be cancelled after one season.
    [​IMG]

Back in December, it was reported that Jessica Chastain would star and produce Painkiller Jane.
    [​IMG]

And for years, Mark Millar's (Kickass & Kingsmen: The Secret Service) "Nemesis," "Chrononauts" and others have been in the works.

[​IMG]

There's "The Crow" reboot which has been in development purgatory for years.

I'm sure the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be rebooted sometime in the near future.

Not a superhero, but "Y The Last Man" is still in development.

cerealbox likes this.
  19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    You can never have too much of a good thing in my opinion. I won't get overloaded as long as quality films are churned out.

If anything, Spider Man: Homecoming made me even more excited for future Marvel releases.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, superhero films have subverted the blockbuster action flicks and they pretty much have the same archetype of any action hero. Moreover, superhero films are like ice cream. Sure, bottom line, they all fall into the same category of ice cream but there are some many different flavors, and Marvel has done a wonderful job in distributing their variety of flavors of films.

So...
    [​IMG]

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Marvel reinvigorated the action adventure summer blockbuster genre and keeps going at it. They keep the spirit of Star Wars and Indiana Jones alive today and saved us from summers of Michael Bay flicks. Not their fault very few studios are stepping up to their level and trying to shove The Mummy Transformers 5 and crap like that down our throats instead.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Who are you and what have you done with appleseed??!!!

23. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    First I've heard of Chastain adapting Painkiller Jane. Thanks.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  24. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    [​IMG]

tom and Violent Violet Menace like this.
  25. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Your image is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.