main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SuperJag (songfic, catchy title eh?;) J/J)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Skywalker, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, I admit that the title is a bit corny but considering the song I'm using and the fact that it's mostly about Jag, it seemed the most appropriate way to name this story. ;) Okay, this is in no way connected to my other songfic, "Only Time". This is not the sequel. I just had inspiration with this one. The song is "Superman" from the group Five For Fighting, and Jez? Yes this is similar to the story you and I thought up. I promise you, I did not to that on purpose. I found the song first and it actually took awhile to think up the plot. In my own opinion, it doesn't go as deep as you and I went. ;) Okay, on with the story. :D

It was supposed to work! What happened during the battle was not suppose to happen, and all because his calculations had been off. Half of his squadron was dead now because of his stupidity, and the rest were barely able to escape. At the moment he wished he could have fallen with his comrades. This was not the person he was supposed to be. Too much was expected of him to make such critical mistakes as this. How could he be so irresponsible?

?How!? Jag screamed out loud.

I can't stand to fly
    I'm not that nieve

?Jag?? he heard a voice behind him.

He never turned around as Jaina entered his dark living quarters, the only light coming in from the corridor until the door closed behind her. As much as he cared for her, the last thing he wanted was company.

?Please go away, Jaina,? he said quietly.

?I have some things to say, Jag.?

In a near rage, Jag turned to face her and growled. ?I don?t want your pity, Jaina!?

Jaina met his tone and began taking steps towards him. ?Well that?s good because I didn?t come here to offer it!?

?Then why did you come here??

?It?s been five days, Jag! You never come out, I don?t even know if you?re eating, but I?m willing to bet not.?

?What?s your point?!?

Her voice softened a little. ?It was a mistake, Jag.?

I'm just out to find
    The better part of me.

?I got people killed. People I have fought alongside with since before this war even started. People who put their trust in me, and I got them killed!?

?Every leader of a squadron has to face that!?

?But not when they died because I blew it! As far as I am concerned, I?m no better than a filthy murderer.?

Jaina tried to come close to him but he recoiled. ?Why won?t you let me near you??

?I told you, I don?t want your pity.?

I'm more than a bird

Jaina?s eye?s nearly filled with tears, but he never would have been able to tell in the darkness. Quietly, she replied, ?Pity is not the same thing as comfort.?

Jag spoke firmly through grinding teeth. ?I don?t want it.?

Anger began to soar through Jaina at his words. She didn?t believe that he meant it, but the words hurt all the same. Her voice began to rise again. ?Everybody makes mistakes, Jag!?

?Not me! This is not what I have been trained for my entire life. You have no idea what?s expected of me, Jaina. I am the son of Soontir Fel! I am an officer and leader among the Chiss, and--?

But before Jag could get anymore words out, Jaina?s hand came around and slapped him on his left cheek. The force of it was so hard, it turned his head in that direction and silenced anything else he had thought of to say. It took a moment for it to register in his mind exactly what had just happened. When he turned back to Jaina, he could see the anger in her face, and strangely enough, he felt somewhat intimidated by it.

I'm more than a plane

He couldn?t think up any words to say before she spoke again. With the fire in her eyes, she said. ?While you?re thinking, why don?t you add human to the list!? With that, she spun on her heel and headed for the door. As it opened, she stopped and turned back to him. Her voice was low but firm. ?You?re not perfect Jag, and I doubt that any of your Chiss comrades could look you in the eye and say that they are. As much as I love you,? she hesitated, obviously not wanting to say it, but knew she had t

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    that was sooo sweet! i like how u did jag's thoughts, and jaina's as well. im glad she helped him! he really needed it!

-jj00

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you JJ00. :D

4. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
  5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    The slap had knocked something into him, he figured it must have been sense, but he didn?t think he was being senseless. Or was he?

Nice line. I liked your songfic very much. I love that song and it was perfect for the story you were telling. Nice job of showing Jag's turmoil.

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow, very nicely done Jadey! I love how she slapped him, then said she loved him. ;)

7. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    That was a great songfic! Thanks for the pm :D

8. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Wow.
    That was amazingly good Jade!

9. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I second mandie's comment- nice vig-let and thanks for the PM! :D

10. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Lovely. Thanks for letting me know about it-- I might have missed it!

11. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Ah jade. don't worry about it. only the beginning was similar. i don't believe that i showed you what i had written for that viggie. i'll have to email it to you some time.

very well done my dear. very well done. hey guess where i'm going for spring break! HOME! messa very very very happy.

*starts singing*
    California here i come.
    right back where i started from...

Jez

12. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    that was wonderful. can i post it at 'as you wish goddess' formerly known as jjsa?

~aeryn

13. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Wahoo! Replying time!

TKeira_Lea: Thanx, that was one of my favorites lines too. :D

padawan lunetta: Hey girlie, thanx for stopping by. :)

starkrusher: Thanx, I couldn't help but PM everyone that read "Only Time". ;)

pengwin_jibberish: Yay! A new reader! :D If you liked this one, you should read "Only Time". Link's in my sig. :)

Saber-of-Light: Thanx for dropping by!

Mcily_Nochi: No problem! :D

Jez: I'm glad you liked it. I guess I wasn't too worried. PLEASE! I'd love to read what you had of it. :D

AERYN_SUN: You SO can! ;) :D

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    awesome :D

~aeryn

15. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  16. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
  17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    that was awesome!

18. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    ok i will email you what i had. it's kinda nuty.

Jez

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx Jez. Up!

20. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Lt_Jaina_Solo: I'm glad you liked it! :D

21. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000