main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Superman Arrives: (AU SW/Superman Crossover) ***Updated 8/4***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006

[b]Healer_Leona:[/b] Yes, it was a very good thing that Yoda rescued Kal-El before someone else did. [face_happy]

[hr]

[b]Chapter Twenty-Nine: Return[/b]

Kal-El's eyes flittered open. The room was still fuzzy as he rubbed his eyes to view its' non-aesthetic properties. It was barren and empty of anything except for the bed he was sitting on. The bed's frame was made of the finest durasteel metal. He jumped out of the bed, his bare feet impacting the cold floor, but it did not make him flinch.

The room was windowless, with just a door at the front entrance. He scratched his head and walked slowly to it. It did not have anything on it that he could use to open it. Just a steel door of some kind. He tried to budge it, but nothing happened. He pressed his head up against it leaning his ear to try to hear anything on the opposite side. Again, nothing.

He looked down at his reflection in the floor. He was a small boy wearing simple clothes; a plaid shirt and dark blue pants. He wiggled his toes and giggled at the sight of them. He went back to the bed and looked under it. Nothing was around. He scanned the room looking for anything that he may have missed. He spotted a small hole in the ceiling that appeared to house a video imaging device.

He looked up at the ceiling and contemplated what he should do next. Suddenly, the door at the entrance opened up vertically. A small, green, thing hobbled into the room. It looked at him with quizzical eyes.

"Awake, I see you are," the creature said furrowing its' brow, "A lot of questions, you have to ask, hmmm."

"Yes," Kal-El stated almost defiantly, "Where am I and you are you?"

"Hee... hee... hee...," the creature laughed, "No harm will I cause you, little one. I am Yoda. A Jedi Master I am. On Coruscant you are. Close to the Jedi Temple."

"Yoda..." Kal-El paused thinking for a moment starting to remember, "Ah, yes... you are the one that my father told me about, the greatest of the Jedi warriors."

"Hmmmph..." Yoda fumed, "Wars not make one great. Much training to do you now have."

"Training?" Kal-El asked insincerely, "What training? I'm only a kid."

"Ah...." Yoda paused, "But a super one you are. Superman will you once again become."

"Superman?" Kal-El questioned not totally recalling everything yet, "I.... yes... I'm starting to remember..." He closed his eyes. Flashes of his past streamed through his mind. He opened his eyes. "A great danger is going to happen soon."

Two cloaked figures ransacked the transport that had crashed. They took everything that they could find. They were intrigued by the green rocks that encased the remains of the wrecked ship. They loaded everything into a long cylindrical shaped container. Then a transport pulled the cylinder into its cargo hold.

The images disappeared as fast as they had arrived. They left nothing behind, or so they thought. After a few moments a small green crystal shined barely above the ground. It then slowly faded again as other curious onlookers started arriving at where the wreckage used to be. They were befuddled as to where it had gone.

Anakin Skywalker was in the midst of his training by his Master, Obi-wan Kenobi. The Jedi Master was trying to instill yet another dose of his knowlegde upon the teen-aged lad.

"Focus, Anakin, focus," Obi-wan instructed his Padawan, "Don't try to use force, instead use your talents in a defensive stance." Obi-wan lunged at his Padawan. Anakin did not budge and was zapped by the practicing lightsaber. "OUCH!" he yelled, "That hurt."

"I said be defensive, not indecisive," Obi-wan lectured, "You have to anticipate my attacks as well as avoid them."

Anakin lunged at Obi-wan zapping his Master as well. "Like that," he smiled conceitedly.

"I swear you'll be the death of me yet," Obi-wan muttered under his breath, "Good. But I did not say to recommence our excercise again. NOW!" Obi-wan zapped Anakin again.

"Hey, that's not funny!" Anakin griped, "I wasn't ready."

"N

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Whoa, weird! Time marches on, there. And Lois has married Richard... that's gonna be a problem when Clark gets back. And was theat kryptonite, there? Intriguing...

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahh, time goes on indeed and things look like they're about to get very interesting in the GFFA. o_O

4. dbelp03

dbelp03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *beats the **** out of richard and then shoots him in the head*dont you ever touch supermans girl *stomps whats left of his body into a bloody pulp*

Quick edit of some 'h's to get rid of the scrolling. :)

Leona

5. RookieWookie

RookieWookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2007
    I've only been through this first chapter, but I'm really diggin' the story! I'm also an avid crossover and what-if writer. I'm currently working on two with Superman and a crossover with the Hulk and an Image character.

6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b] Yes, Lois has married Richard and that may be an interesting problem.

[hr]
    [b]Healer_Leona:[/b] Yes, very, very interesting, indeed.

[hr]
    [b]dbelp03:[/b] Chill out, Richard and Lois were meant to be, or were they? [face_thinking]

[hr]
    [b]RookieWookie:[/b] Glad that your enjoying the story. I wish you luck with your crossover efforts.

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Chapter 30: Sun-Eater

The Controllers were originally part of a a race called the Malthusians from which they and the Guardians of the Universe are descended. Later on these ascended beings left Maltus and colonized a new world called Oa. Now calling themselves Oans, they felt responsible for the catastrophic effects on the universe caused by one of their own, the renegade scientist Krona, they argued how to handle the situation. One group of Oans wanted to dedicate their immortal existences to contain evil. This group eventually became the Guardians of the Universe. Another group decided that evil should be destroyed. This group left the planet Oa, eventually becoming The Controllers.

Just as the Guardians slowly changed their physical appearances over billions of years of existence, so did the Controllers. Originally, all Oans were blue-skinned humanoids; currently, the Controllers are pink-skinned and hairless. The Controllers moved to another dimension, and dedicated themselves to creating weapons that could be used to destroy evil beings if they became too dangerous. Among these are the Sun-Eaters, gaseous beings that can devour whole planets and stars.

Basically, a Sun-Eater is a living nebula with the ability to drain whole stars of all their energy; this snuffs out the star and causes its solar system to freeze (and all living beings in it to die.) The Sun-Eaters were created by the alien Controllers as a way to destroy entire worlds that they judged to be too "evil." Each Sun-Eater is kept in a dormant state until needed, watched over by a Controller.

But, an evil space villain by the name of Mongul has killed one of the Controllers and he now one of the Sun-Eaters at his disposal. Where he intends to unleash it is unknown at this time. But, one thing is for sure, whichever system he does use it on will become totally devoid of life.

The Coruscant system had truly become a very corruptible society once Superman had left. The Jedi tried to quell the various uprisings that continously occured on the planet, but their resources were being spread more thinly with each and every uprisal. Plus, more and more different systems were requiring their help as well for various functions.

Whether to attend peace briefings or quell small shifts of power, the Jedi used their numerous Knights to help the galaxy as much as they could. But, it seemed as if each mission was more perilous then the next; each time it seemed that one of their one may not come back from the ever increasing evil that seemed to permeate the universe.

Eventually, some Jedi did die from the missions that they were sent, more and more the galaxy became even more corrupt than before. Bounties were posted unbeknownst on the Jedi and numerous mercanaries and bounty hunters accepted the fame of slaying the galaxies elite warriors.

The corruption had spread from one corner of the galaxy to the other. It seemed as if there was no end in sight to the mayhem constantly being caused by the ever increasing evil. The galaxy needed a new hope, a new way to deal with the ever increasing attacks on their systems.

Yoda's eyes were closed as he held his arms criss-crossed across his small frame. He searched through the Force for an answer for the various problems that were occuring. No concrete answers appeared. It seemed as if his connection to the Force was being blocked by something that he could not determine. For the first time, Yoda was truly lost.

He did not let anyone else know that his connection was dissapating, he merely used what he had previously felt, and hoped that it would still be the best course of action. He was now sending the best Jedi Knights available to quell the galaxies problems. A few were starting to distinguish themselves as the ones to be trusted with the most important missions.

Obi-wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Aayla Secura, Quinlon Vos, Shaak Ti, and a few others were intrusted with these important missions. They were stemming the corruption, but it seemed

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent post.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Interesting info on the Controllers... and whoa, dark times ahead. Man, they need a hero! And Clark and Anakin... neat. :)

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]Healer_Leona:[/b] Thank you.

[hr]
    [b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b] Yes, the Controller backstory will be further expanded in future chapters. And yes, Clark and Anakin are starting to become friends. [face_happy]

[hr]

[b]Chapter Thirty-One: Controlling Interest[/b]

The Controllers came from another space-time continuum. Their universe had almost been destroyed by war, and they were determined to prevent other universe from suffering the same fate as their own. They used their mind-control abilities to prevent intergalactic war, but also they had powerful weapons, including the Sun-Eater.

The purple-clothed behemoth paced his gigantic vessel awaiting contact with the dark-cloaked presence. The hologram hissed to life. The blue-tinged hologram stood before him. He bowed reverently in front of its presence.

"Do you have it?" the dark-cloaked figure asked with a sinister grin already knowing the answer to his question.

"Yes," Mongul replied, "A Sun-Eater is in my possession."

"Goood.... goooood...." the black shrouded menace hissed, "It will serve my plans well. When can expect its delivery."

"First, I expect my payment," Mongul spat out irreverantly, "It's not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust anyone, I hope that you understand."

"Of course," the evil man smoothly intoned, "You will have all that you want and more. You will be appointed head of some of my best troops. With them at your side, multiple worlds you can conquer and rule," the evil man lied.

"I will set the place and time for the exchange," Mongul replied with bitterness, "If I see any sign of betrayal, I'll use the Sun-Eater myself on Coruscant."

"Now, now, my friend," the hooded figure tasked, "I have been nothing but accomodating towards your requests. Have they all not come to pass."

"Yes," Mongul moaned, "But, that was before I had something that could cause so much devastation. I will contact you again shortly."

"I will expect your signal soon," the black-shrouded figure spat, "...Soon."

Kal-El and Anakin were climbing one of the hills surrounding the Jedi Temple. They were becoming inseparable as comrades and friends. They spotted there usual tree and climbed to the very top of its branches. There they sat overviewing the vast Coruscant landscape.

"Look at all those vehicles in the sky," Anakin said pointing at them, "I've always imagined racing and zipping through them as fast as I could."

"Isn't that a little reckless," Kal-El replied.

"You know me, the more reckless, the better," Anakin teased.

"Yes, I know," Kal-El intoned, "You need to be careful, you're not invincible you know."

"And you are?" Anakin boasted, "I bet you I could jump out of this tree and land on my feet standing."

"No Anakin, don't, you could get hurt," Kal-El cautioned his friend. But Anakin stood up on the branch and then breathed in deeply. He closed his eyes and then opened them and winked at Kal-El. Then he jumped off the branch racing towards the ground below. Amazingly, he landed squarely on his feet just as he boasted.

"See, I told you I could do it," Anakin shouted, "Come on. Now it's your turn."

"I can't," Kal-El stated, "And I won't."

"You're just scared," Anakin replied, "I'll tell everyone at the Creche that you're afraid of heights."

"I am not!" Kal-El shouted.

"Then prove it," Anakin teased, "Come on, you can do it."

Kal-El didn't know what to do. He was indeed scared to try what Anakin just did. But, how could he and Anakin stay friends if he didn't do what his counterpart just did. He stood uneasily atop the branch and looked down. He held on tightly to the tree not wanting to let go. He breathed heavily and unevenly as the ground swirled below him. He closed his eyes and jumped.

"Whoa!" Anakin shouted, "How did you do that?!"

Kal-El opened his eyes. He was next to Anakin, but floating next to him suspended in the air but a few inches from the ground. "I... I don't know," he stuttered amazed himself.

"Master Yoda is going to

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Whoa, a Sun-eater from Mongul!:eek: perfect against Superman dpriving him of his source of power. Loved Anakin and Kal there, too. :) Yeah, Anakin. He's strong all right! ;) And hmm, cloaked guy sounds familiar there... ;) :p Can't wait for more!

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I like the friendship between Kal-El and Anakin.

Silly Mongul, doesn't he know by his own actions, the only trust you can give from another evil man is to be betrayed? [face_shame_on_you]

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b] Yes, a Sun-Eater does have some rather useful effects against Superman, and other things as well. [face_devil]

Yes, I enjoy now the bonding friendship that Anakin and Kal-El are starting to have. [face_happy] Who said anything about Kal-El being strong? [face_wink]

Cloaked guys all sound familiar, don't they...[face_rolling_eyes]

[hr]

[b]Healer_Leona:[/b] I'm glad that you are enjoying Kal-El's and Anakin's friendship as much as RK. [face_grin]

Yep, silly villains never understand that their kind can betray them just as well as they can betray others.

[hr]

[b]Chapter Thirty-Two: War World[/b]

Warworld was created by a very warlike alien race called the Warzoons, as their ultimate weapon to use to elimitate their vast enemies. However, all the Warzoons perished mysteriously, and the last of their kind was found dead at the planet's control chair by a peaceful race calle the Largas.

The Largas paid respect to the dead alien and buried him. They decided to keep the key-like device that could activate Warworld hidden from all others. But, over time, even the Largas died out eventually, and the last one gave the key to the Martian Manhunter.

Unfortunately, the Martian Manhunter was killed by a mysterious dark shrouded figure that Mongul had asked to help him dispose. Mongul had used Warworld for his own personal gain and as revenge against those that had banished him. But, it's power overloaded causing a major drain on his brain and Mongul barely escaped before Warworld imploded upon itself.

Pain. Immense and deathly pain enveloped Mongul. He writhed on the ground clawing at the lightning that encapsulated his huge form. He rolled around as he tried to escape its gnawing and electrifying clutches. He screamed and bellowed at the evil aberration that had subjected him to unbearable spasms that made his muscles pratically useless.

He rolled on his back breathing uncontrollably in rasping breaths. The evil cackle of laughter hauntingly mocked his predicament. It was the most humiliated and helpless that he had ever felt. He froze in place on the ground as his last breath escaped his now dead form.

Practice lightsabers flashed in the Jedi Temple Arena. Anakin and Kal-El parried and thrust at each other trying to break through the others' defenses. "Gotcha," Kal-El teased as he zapped his friend with the low electric charged lightsaber.

"Ouch," Anakin shot out, "That actually stun a little." He grew more aggressive lunging and leaping desparately at his opponent. He felt the lightsaber or thought he felt it land a fierce strike on Kal-El, yet he zapped Anakin again. "HEY!" Anakin yelled, "I could have sworn that I landed a strike against you as well!"

"Sorry to disappoint you," Kal-El stoically replied, "As you can plainly see, I do not have any marks on me." Kal-El paused for a moment. Anakin boldly rushed his friend as he had left himself open. Anakin plunged the lightsaber straight into Kal-El's stomach area, but instead of zapping his friend the lightsaber broke into multiple pieces on the ground.

Kal-El dropped to the ground trying to pretend that he was hurt by the blow. "Kal-El!" Anakin shouted terrified he had hurt his friend, "Are you alright?"

Kal-El cradled his stomach as he slowly stood up, "I don't think we should continue," Kal-El mumbled softly, "I should go home."

"I'm sorry Kal-El," Anakin cried, "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'll get you help."

"No... no," Kal-El pleaded as he turned to leave, "I'll be alright. I just need to rest a little, that's all."

"Are you sure?" Anakin worriedly asked, "I didn't know that the lightsaber would shatter like that. It must be defective. I can get you a healer."

"I'm alright," Kal-El stated reassuredly, "Really, I am. Don't worry, Anakin."

Kal-El hobbled out of Anakin's view and then sped off once he was out of sight back towards his room. Anakin cried believing that he had purposely used his aggression to hurt his friend. He ran outside an

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Anakin plunged the lightsaber straight into Kal-El's stomach area, but instead of zapping his friend the lightsaber broke into multiple pieces on the ground.

With things like that happening, I've no doubt it's becoming even more difficult to hide his super powers.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, Warworld? And the Martian Manhunter killed??? Ouch...

Liked Anakin and Kal there. Don't worry, Ani. It's not you; it's the indestructible Kryptonian. ;) I agree with Leona. YThey'll know something's up soon.

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]Healer_Leona:[/b] Yes, it is becoming more and more difficult for Kal-El to hide his superpowers from everyone.

[hr]

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b] Yes, alot of different characters are dying, either from Mongul, or from something else. [face_thinking]

[hr]

[b]Chapter Thirty-Three: Apokolips Now![/b]

An old man approached the happy teenager and asked him where he was going. "North," the teenager replied nonchalantly. "What's up there?" the old man asked him. "Just some relatives," the teenager answered flippantly.

"Ah, I see," the old man calmly mused as he scratched his beard. "And how are you going to get there?"

"Well, I just walk there," the teenager told the old man.

"You're going to walk there all by yourself?" the old man asked, "That could take some time to get where you are going."

"I'll be alright," the teenager stated defiantly.

"Are you sure that you wouldn't like a lift? It isn't exactly safe in this part of the city," the old man imparted his wisdom.

"I said that I will be alright," the teenager huskily answered, "Really, I will."

"Okay, okay," the old man relented, "I can see that you are determined to go alone. How about taking a little break then before you continue your little adventure?"

"Where?" the teenager asked hesitantly.

"Over there," the old man pointed at a small park with tables, "We can just chat for a little bit, "By the way, my name is Count Dooku, Lord of Serenno," the old man introduced himself.

"My name is Kal-El," the teenager replied in kind, "I guess it won't hurt for me to take a little break before I continue."

Dooku smiled slightly as the two of them walked over to the small park. They sat across from each other as Dooku outstretched his hands towards Kal-El. Kal-El pulled his arms back towards his body and sat with his arms crossed at the table. Dooku put a small case encased in lead on the table. "Would you like to see what's inside?" he asked the teenager.

Kal-El tried to use his x-ray vision on the case to no avail. He tried again, and again had no luck. "Sure," he replied not wanting to waste further time trying to not let the old man see him peering at the case.

Count Dooku slowly opened the case. Kal-El immediately felt a sharp pain shoot over his whole body. He slumped to the ground as he writhed in pain rolling around. Count Dooku took out a green rock attached to a chain and wrapped it around Kal-El's neck.

"Please, stop," Kal-El pleaded, "It hurts."

"I'm sorry," Dooku grimaced, "But I have to obey my Master's orders."

The sky turned dark above the two. A triangular shuttle landed in the park. A cloaked figure walked slowly down the ramp. Count Dooku lifted the teenager over his shoulder and put him inside of the shuttle. The shuttle slowly lifted off. "Everything is proceeding according to plan," the cloaked figure cackled as he input the coordinates into the navi-computer.

A menacing figure with a stone-like face looked upon the strange new world that his ship was nearing. "I didn't think that I would ever find a planet that reminded me of the one that I once ruled," he commented to a bald-headed human.

"It's called Coruscant," the bald-headed human replied, "And it will now become just like Apokolips, a planet for you to do with as you please and impose your rule over."

"Lex Luthor, how am I to thank you for your kindness?" the imposing behemoth asked with a wicked grimace on his face.

"Just let me control Metropolis," Luthor stated with a big grin, "It's a rather small area on the planet. The rest is yours, Darkseid."

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Gyah, Dooku and kryptonite!:eek: Kal's in a heap of trouble, there. Bad news for Coruscant...

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ack... that was far too easy for Dooku to catch Ka-el. Poor trusting teen. :(

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b] Yes, very bad news indeed. [face_skull]

[hr]

[b]Healer_Leona:[/b] When will unsuspecting superheroes ever learn? [face_tongue]

[hr]

[b]Chapter Thirty-Four: All Control[/b]

Count Dooku, seethed as he sneered to his associate, "I do not think that it is wise to keep him alive."

"As you have instructed me, Master," Asaaj Ventress spat out, "There is a time and place for everything, you must be patient."

"Yes, I know," Dooku recollected, "But why does Lord Sidious want to keep him alive. He could easily destroy us if we ever let him out of the kryptonite encased cell."

"He must be waiting, for what I and even you don't know," Ventress summarized, "I've grown to appreciate the delicacies that Master Sidious provides us from time to time."

Dooku was growing impatient despite the truth that Ventress reminded him of. It had been now over a year since the day that he had kidnapped the unsuspecting teen and taken him to Serenno, his homeworld. There, inside of his elaborate castle, a cell had been specifically made that would imprison the one known as Kal-El.

Darkseid, looked outside his magnificent apartment on Coruscant. He had control of this once mighty planet, but the Chancellor that was under him continued to be a thorn in his side. He had the one person that he wanted more than this pathetic planet that he ruled. Kal-El.

Just thinking about the last Kryptonian caused Darkseid to seethe with anger. But, the Chancellor had him in a secret and secure location. If not for that, then he would destroy the old coot. He plotted his destruction numerous times now, and just longed for the day when he would have his revenge.

Lex Luthor looked with conviction upon the citizens of Metropolis. He enjoyed his rule over them. He had grown to be the third most important person on Coruscant. But, he wanted to be number one. Even though Darkseid had kept his word and given him control of Metropolis, he wanted more. Being the ruler of a city was indeed good, but being ruler of the planet and then eventually the galaxy was his ultimate objective.

He knew as well as anyone that the only way to defeat Darkseid was with Superman. Unfortunately, the second most important person on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine, had claimed that a Sith Lord had the Kryptonian. Who this Sith Lord was, no one knew, Luthor only knew that he had to find him first. Then, once Superman had disposed of Darkseid, he would have his one and only chance to rule the planet.

Yoda looked with contempt upon the world outside of the Jedi Temple. The Jedi's ranks had been decimated with the arrival of Darkseid on Coruscant. Only a few remaining Master's remained, and Yoda secretly arranged for their dispersal amongst the numerous systems within the galaxy. That was the only way that the Jedi Order would survive.

But, Yoda was not alone. A few other Jedi Warriors remained with him as they wondered when the time would come for them to restore Coruscant back to the way it was before.

Kal-El reached out in his cell and felt the pain that continuously tormented him. He touched the wall and flinched in pain as the kryptonite-charged walls fluoresced in a pale green glow. He tried to grab the door and rip it off of its hinges, but again the pain shot through him fiercely and he violently dropped to the dingy floor.

"Why do you bother trying to escape?" a cold voice echoed beyond his encased cell, "You must realize that you can never escape from this tomb. It was specifically designed to retain you from using your power."

"Who are you?" Kal-El asked boldly, "And what do you know of me?"

"I am merely your keeper, and my name is Asaaj Ventress," Ventress told him, "This is and will be your new home. You might as well get use to that."

"I will never get use to anything that you suggest," Kal-El retorted, "I will continue to explore for any weakness in this structure and when I find it, you'll be sorry."

"Brave words," Ventress stated, "

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Poor Kal-El. Can't think of many worse to be help prisoner by than Asaaj Ventress. :(

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Loved the little world-views, there. And the conversation between Dooku and Asajj was cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.