main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Superman Arrives: (AU SW/Superman Crossover) ***Updated 8/4***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5 posted:[/b] [i]Nice, there. Brainiac killed... but was that Kos-Mos picking up his symbol? And what did Lex pull out of his shoe, kryptonite? Some device? I wonder...
    Great post, RX. [face_happy] [/i]

Well... it was M-POS picking up Brainiac's pieces, so eventually he'll be back...

As for what Lex pulled out of his shoe... well... we'll find out soon enough...

Thanks for your comments.

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ?You?re telling me that that evil robot has entered our building! He?ll have the biggest lawsuit on his hands if he thinks he?ll get away with this despicable act of aggression!?

[face_laugh] Perry's awesome.

"You want to act like a bug, I'll crush you like one!"

Yeah, you tell him. :cool: And Richard's alive! But it's not truly over. Seems like the bad guys still have ways of coming back. [face_worried]

3. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Hello...You do not remember me...LoL.

Really I'll be derned if you do. Im sorry for My immature posts, I've been busy as ever. Nice plot devices. And...Luthor/sidious...That would make one heck of a movie!

4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]JadeSolo posted:[/b] [i]You're telling me that that evil robot has entered our building! He'll have the biggest lawsuit on his hands if he thinks he'll get away with this despicable act of aggression!

[face_laugh] Perry's awesome.[/i]

Yes, Perry has a way of saying what's on with mind without holding back. [face_grin]

[i]"You want to act like a bug, I'll crush you like one!"

Yeah, you tell him. [face_cool][/i]

Yep, Superman definitely treats the Beast as he sees fit. [face_beatup]

[i]And Richard's alive! But it's not truly over. Seems like the bad guys still have ways of coming back. [face_worried] [/i]

Yes, Richard is alive. No, it's not over. I just figured that it was a good time to take a break before Superman deals with the next set of villains. [face_wink]

[hr]
    [b]jedi_withouta_clue77 posted:[/b] [i]Hello...You do not remember me...LoL.

Really I'll be derned if you do. Im sorry for My immature posts, I've been busy as ever. Nice plot devices. And...Luthor/sidious...That would make one heck of a movie![/i]

Well, DRL does strike us even when we try to do our best to prevent it. [face_grin] Yes, Luthor/Sidious would make an awesome duo in the next Star Wars or Superman movie! [face_money_eyes]

[i]***NOTE: This next chapter will feature the lyrics from the song "Superman" by Five For Fighting.***[/i]

[hr]
    [b]Chapter Twenty-Four: Departure[/b]

Superman had not left Lois' room for the past month. He ate what the doctors and nurses brought him. He continously asked them for updates on her situation with the usual, "We don't know" as the answer he was given.

He read the stories that Lois had written for the [i]'Daily Planet'[/i] and had memorized each and every word. He also repeatedly touched the carbonite with his hands tracing every inch of her frozen form. He knew her every contour even with his eyes closed.

Yoda and the other Jedi had pleaded with him to help rebuild the main city from the destruction caused by their battle with Brainiac, Luthor, and the Sith. But Superman feared that the moment he left Lois, that then, maybe, she would miracously be able to come out of her frozen tomb.

He was very depressed and hurt. His feelings were torn between his obligation to the Jedi and their rebuilding efforts and his love for the woman he loved so dearly. He was at a crossroads of sorts, and did not now which way to turn.

He looked inward towards his father's strength to give him purpose, to give him any glint of hope in this desperate situation. He was lost without a compass, and hoped that somehow he could regain his bearings.

He constantly dreamt of a time and place where he would not have to be the one to uphold peace and justice. He wished he was no longer Superman. He closed his eyes for a few moments as the song entered his mind...

[i]
    I can't stand to fly
    I'm not that naive
    I'm just out to find
    The better part of me

I'm more than a bird... I'm more than a plane
    More than some pretty face beside a train
    It's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie
    About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd... but don't be naive
    Even Heroes have the right to bleed
    I may be disturbed... but don't you conceed
    Even Heroes have the right to dream

It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away... away from me
    It's all right... You can all sleep sound tonight
    I'm not crazy... or anything...

I can't stand to fly
    I'm not that naive
    Men weren't meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
    Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
    Only a man in a funny red sheet
    Looking for special things inside of me

It's not easy to be me
    [/i]

~~~~~

Yoda decided to go to the Metropolis Memorial Hospital one last time to talk to his dear friend, Kal-El. He entered the solemn hospital and moved with his usual gimp towards the room that Lois Lane was admitted to. He

5. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Yes," Superman answered unnervingly, "But I once I am done, a personal mission I will need to do."

Yoda-speak is catching! ;)

"Give me a minute," Superman stated briefly, "Time me."

[face_laugh]

So now that Super is going to find Krypton, I guess that takes us into the Exile stage of the story (or if you're going by the latest movie, the time before 'Returns').

Sorry I haven't been a Constant Reader [face_blush] . Real life keeps getting in the way. But I'm happy to say that your story is just as entertaining as I remember it. :D

6. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice update. So you're setting up for a Superman Returns scenario now...

And the Chosen One is going to be found when he is gone, correct? And what's Superman going to do in the Empire era?

7. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    He sighed forcefully enough to knock Yoda to his feet.

[face_laugh] That was a nice little detail. Seems to me he might find something on Krypton, or what's left of it. [face_thinking]

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Poor Superman. :( His love gone, his planet gone... And now on a quest. Great use of the song. I always loved it. :) Glad he helped out with the rebuilding. Quite... super of him. ;)

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "Fifty-five seconds," Yoda replied in amazement, "Forever grateful we will be. Done in less than a minute what would take years for us to do you have."

While part of me thinks wow, that's great, I find myself wondering why Superman couldn't take those fifty-five seconds weeks earlier? o_O

I do feel for his questions and feelings.

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]leia_naberrie posted:[/b] [i]"Yes," Superman answered unnervingly, "But I once I am done, a personal mission I will need to do."

Yoda-speak is catching! [face_wink] [/i]

Yes, catching it is. [face_raised_brow]

[i]"Give me a minute," Superman stated briefly, "Time me."

[face_laugh]

So now that Super is going to find Krypton, I guess that takes us into the Exile stage of the story (or if you're going by the latest movie, the time before 'Returns').

Sorry I haven't been a Constant Reader [face_blush] . Real life keeps getting in the way. But I'm happy to say that your story is just as entertaining as I remember it. [face_grin] [/i]

Yes, now Superman will be on his journey to look for Krypton. Then he'll [i]'Return'[/i]. DRL affects everyone I'm sure, I'm just glad that everyone still is enjoying the story. [face_happy]

[hr]
    [b]SuperSaiyaMan12 posted:[/b] [i]Nice update. So you're setting up for a Superman Returns scenario now...[/i]

Yes, everything is now set up for a sort of [i]'Superman Returns'[/i] scenario.

[i]And the Chosen One is going to be found when he is gone, correct? And what's Superman going to do in the Empire era?[/i]

Yes, Anakin will be found as usual when he is gone. As to what Superman will do in the Empire era... We'll just have to see what the muse infuses... [face_peace]

[hr]
    [b]JadeSolo posted:[/b] [i]He sighed forcefully enough to knock Yoda to his feet.

[face_laugh] That was a nice little detail. Seems to me he might find something on Krypton, or what's left of it. [face_thinking] [/i]

Yes, it's the little details that I enjoy putting in this story as well. And yes, he might find something of interest on his journey. [face_rolling_eyes]

[hr]
    [b]RK_Striker_JK_5 posted:[/b] [i]Poor Superman. [face_sad] His love gone, his planet gone... And now on a quest. Great use of the song. I always loved it. [face_happy] Glad he helped out with the rebuilding. Quite... super of him. [face_wink] [/i]

Well... Lois is just in stasis in the carbonite... so she's not gone... just not able to be totally with him. [face_cry]

Yes, I've always have wanted to use the song, and this was the best part to use it in. I'm glad that you liked it. [face_grin]

Yes, it was very super of him to help with the rebuilding, it was a much needed way for him to get back to doing what he does best. [face_dancing]

[hr]
    [b]Healer_Leona posted:[/b] [i]Fifty-five seconds," Yoda replied in amazement, "Forever grateful we will be. Done in less than a minute what would take years for us to do you have."

While part of me thinks wow, that's great, I find myself wondering why Superman couldn't take those fifty-five seconds weeks earlier? [face_raised_brow]

I do feel for his questions and feelings. [/i]

Well, he was pretty depressed. Granted, he could have done the rebuilding alot earlier, but I wanted to show his human side in this chapter, that even Superman is human, subject to the same emotions and feelings that we all experience daily. [face_happy]

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Chapter Twenty-Five: Journey

The lonely journey was only in its first month. Superman used the time to review the crystals that he had brought along. Each one that his father had given him told about Krypton's past.

He saw the beautiful, pale blue planet, in all of its majesty, before his eyes. The gigantic and expanding red Kryptonian sun loomed eerily in the distance.

His father showed him how the unstable and expanding red giant had consumed his homeworld. But still, he had to see it with his own eyes. He had to have closure. He studied the vast mountainous formations that the Kryptonians had built their society upon.

The jagged edges of perilous cliffs that overhung the various habitats that even his parents had built their home by served as a constant reminder that Krypton was a planet on the edge.

One small error in movement would send an unfortunate Kryptonian to a perilous death far below. The planet had violent quakes and unruly weather in the final years before it was consumed by its expanding energy source.

Still the council that ruled the planet was unwavering in their stance towards Jor'El. They cautioned that if he kept up with his rantings that he would be tried for treason. So, his father resorted to doing the only thing that he could.

He started to build the tiny spaceship that would take his newborn son to a safer and more hospitable planet. He searched the vast universe steadfastly looking for a place where his son could make a difference.

When he found about the Jedi and their primary location on Coruscant, he knew that they would help his son find his way. With their help, he reasoned, they would mold him, guide him, and use him to better their society.

Kal'El paused the display for a moment and thought again about everything that had happened since his arrival on Coruscant. The good things and the bad things. Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. The Jedi and the Sith. His love for his new found friends and his refusal to help them after the battle was over.

He was very stubborn at first refusing to leave Lois' side. He wept and cried when he realized that with all of his powers, he could not help the very person that he loved the most. Only after a month of sorrow, did Yoda finally convince him that it was time to move on, to get back on his feet, to make a difference again.

But, even after helping the Jedi rebuild Corusant, he felt empty inside. He knew that it was time to go on a journey to find out if anything were left of his homeworld. He knew that he had to try and now was the best time to leave his newfound home.

One thing he did not realize immediately was that the journey would indeed be very long. How long he did not know for sure. He only knew that with each passing day that he neared closer to an answer to his questions.

Even if it took an eternity, he knew that it was what he was meant to do at this moment in his life. His father, even though he was long deceased, constantly reaffirmed that there was nothing left of Krypton. But still, he travelled towards the outer reaches of space, towards the location of his first home.

He studied the Kryptonian crystals with each passing day, furthering his knowledge and his love for his parents and his planet. What a beautiful home he thought. What a beautiful place. It was more beautiful than he could possibly imagine. If only there was a way to see it with his own eyes. The computer generated images were in their own right very breathtaking, but still of no real meaning for actually seeing it for himself.

He decided that it was time to rest and shut off the vast display of images from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. He drifted off to another restless nightmare of dreams, unable to keep the destruction of Krypton out of his thoughts.

He awoke sweating profusely and instructed the computer to dispense him some water. He gulped down the glass of water feverishly and ordered another. Again he drank the glass quickly, so he ordered one after another unable to quench

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I can understand Superman needing to see things with his own eyes.

He looked in the mirror and gasped at what his reflection showed. He was aging back towards his adolescence.

:eek: Now that can be a problem!

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, back home. Shame Jor-El wasn't listened to. Such waste...

Like why they built their cities on cliffs, too. And aging back to adolescence? I wonder why!

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]Healer_Leona posted:[/b] [i]I can understand Superman needing to see things with his own eyes.[/i]

Yes, even though it has been destroyed a long time ago, he still longs for a chance to see anything from the remnants of Krypton.

[i]He looked in the mirror and gasped at what his reflection showed. He was aging back towards his adolescence.

[face_shock] Now that can be a problem![/i]

Yes, a very big problem indeed.

[hr]
    [b]RK_Striker_JK_5 posted:[/b] [i]Ah, back home. Shame Jor-El wasn't listened to. Such waste...

Like why they built their cities on cliffs, too. And aging back to adolescence? I wonder why![/i]

Well, that indeed is the question now, why is he aging backwards? [face_thinking]

15. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    This is my favorite post of the whole story so far. [face_love] Sad yet optimistic. Can't wait to see what you do with the backwards aging. :D

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]JadeSolo:[/b]
    [i]This is my favorite post of the whole story so far. [face_love] Sad yet optimistic. Can't wait to see what you do with the backwards aging. [face_grin][/i]

Thank you for loving this part of the story. Now that we have a sort of interlude before Superman Returns to Coruscant, I wanted to show more of his personality and his past. [face_happy] As for the aging backwards, I will expand upon it in this next chapter.

[hr]

[b]Chapter Twenty-Six: Rearward[/b]

"Father, why am I aging backwards?" Kal-El asked Jor-El not sure if he really wanted to know the answer.

"My son," Jor-El started, "Because you are no longer near a yellow sun or near the Fortress of Solitude, your body is reacting to the change in molecular structure as you travel in space back towards where Krypton use to be."

"Is there any way to change back?" Kal-El asked hoping that there was a way.

"Not until you return back to Coruscant," Jor-El explained, "Once you return, your body will re-adapt to its normal self after a few months time."

"So will this happen every time that I travel away from Coruscant?" Kal-El asked hoping that it would not be the case.

"Only when you are away for more than a months time, will you age backwards," Jor-El explained, "But if you travel to another planet with a yellow sun, then it should not matter too much for your aging. Also, realize that your superpowers will slowly decrease as well. Even now, you are not as powerful as you once were."

Superman tested Jor-El's statement by flaring his laser vision at a nearby chair. The fabric heated up but did not disintegrate. His powers were indeed weakening. He realized that perhaps it was a mistake to make the trip back to his homeworld.

"How much longer will it take to reach Krypton?" he asked.

"At your present speed, you should reach the vicinity of Krypton in two years time," Jor-El answered, "Even if you sped up to the maximum velocity of the ship that you are traveling in, you will not reach it for over a year."

"So how much further will I age backwards?" Kal-El asked.

"By the time that you return to Coruscant, you will be a child again," Jor-El answered, "Around five to seven years of age."

"And if I turn back now?" Kal-El asked.

"You would be around twenty years old," Jor-El stated.

Kal-El reflected for a moment taking all that his father had told him in. He did not want to be just a child again upon returning to Coruscant. He would have to speak with Yoda about the situation and circumstances. He decided to contact the Jedi Master before he was out of communication range.

"Hmmm...," Yoda mused upon hearing of Kal-El's situation, "Interesting it is that aging backwards you are. A special place in the Temple, prepare for you I will. Upon your return, ready it will be. Relearn everything I will teach you."

"Thank you, Master Yoda," Kal-El replied, "How is Lois doing?" he had to ask worrying about her health.

"Fine, Miss Lane is," Yoda answered, "No change in her situation is there, still frozen in carbonite she is."

"Are the doctors still trying to research her condition?" Kal-El inquired.

"Yes, but still no answer do they have," Yoda replied, "Sent even Jedi Healers I have to help her."

"Thank you," Kal-El stated sincerely, "I know that you are doing your best to help her."

"Look forward to your return, I do," Yoda spoke, "Keep a watchful eye on Miss Lane I will continue to do."

"Have you located Lana again?" Kal-El asked.

"No," Yoda answered, "Disappeared she and Darth Sidious have. Not even through the Force can we find them."

"She must be found," Kal-El stated with a worried look, "She is a dangerous threat to you and the other Jedi especially since I am not there."

"More pressing other matters have become," Yoda spoke, "A blockade around Naboo in place there is."

"A blockade? I knew that I shouldn't have left," Kal-El said as he gritted his teeth.

"Forsee the future you could not," Yoda spoke, "Dispatched two Jedi towards Naboo to find a resolution w

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, so that's why he's aging backward. And a blockade around Naboo... wonder who's been sent to deal with it? ;)

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I like the explanation on his regressing aging. Two years to get to Kryton? And how many will it be before he gets back??

Blockade agaist Naboo huh? :D :D

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b]
    [i]Ah, so that's why he's aging backward. And a blockade around Naboo... wonder who's been sent to deal with it? [face_wink] [/i]

Yes, that's the reason that I have for how Superman ages backwards. I don't know if even attempted to explain it in [i]Superman Returns[/i].

Would you believe me if I said two Jedi of insignificant value.

[hr]
    [b]Healer_Leona:[/b]
    [i]I like the explanation on his regressing aging. Two years to get to Kryton? And how many will it be before he gets back??

Blockade agaist Naboo huh? [/i]

Thanks for liking my explanation. Again, I don't think that they covered it in the recent movie, they stepped around the issue of him being a boy again and then he was back to himself not too much longer later. It will take him long enough to get back for Anakin to be in his early teens. [face_shock]

Strange that the blockade on Naboo took place once he left, eh. [face_thinking]

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]***Author's Note***: Starting with Chapter 30, I will introduce the next villain(s) that Superman will be fighting against. But, I would like you, the readers of this fan fiction story to decide who he should face next. Whether it be one villain or loads of villains will be up to you. Just reply in your post or by PM to me. The villain or villains that get the most votes will then be introduced in Chapter 30. Also, Superman will [i]'Return'[/i] back to Coruscant in this chapter, plus Anakin will be in his early teens to give you an idea of what part in time the story will be taken place. Now, back to our story...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]Chapter Twenty-Seven: Krypton[/b]

[i]A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...[/i]

The planet Krypton's peaceful blue clouded hue floated around a gigantic red ball of fury. The ravaging monster grew dramatically in the final days of the planet's proud existence. This gentle planet had [i]'Supermen'[/i] in its society. They were primarily scientists who developed scientific achievements that were far beyond those of the Republic or the Empire could even imagine.

The scientists spent over a millenia conquering diseases and other societal problems. They learned to retard the aging process, they perfected cloning so that if any part of them was injured, they would use the replacement parts as necessary. Therefore, all Kryptonians were immortal and eternally young, enjoying their idyllic, sensual existence in an Arcadian paradise.

However, some in this nearly perfect society questioned the scientists' motives. The planet's citizens started siding with this growing faction that drifted more and more towards decadence and eventually political strife. Debates were brought up against the Council of Elders as to whether clones should have rights. This strife led to disagreements that eventually led to open violent conflict amongst the Kryptonian citizens and the scientists.

The scientific community resorted to using warfare and several super-weapons against these uprisings. Among the devices that they built were ones called the [i]'Eradicator'[/i] and the [i]'Destroyer'[/i]. The [i]'Eradicator'[/i] would effect or alter the DNA of all Kryptonian life-forms so that they would instantly die upon leaving the planet. It was because of this that the Kryptonians were forever relegated to live on their homeworld.

Meanwhile, the [i]'Destroyer'[/i] was even more significant. The Kryptonian government was forced to accept defeat and abolished all cloning banks. Then, a terrorist faction, known as Black Zero started the [i]'Destroyer'[/i]. It was a device that was intended to trigger a massively explosive chain reaction inside of Krypton's core.

At the time, the scientist's believed that the device had been stopped before it could ever achieve this distruction. Eventually, it was discovered, centuries later by Jor-El, that the reaction had indeed been started. It had been slowed to a nearly imperceptible rate, but it would eventually destroy the planet as it was intended in its activation.

After thinking that they had survived the wars that were raged, Krytonians were deeply scarred by the traitorous actions that both factions had conducted. The formerly lush garden world was burned and blasted until it was mostly a lifeless desert. In its place was now a world that was a sterile, emotionally dead society.

The planet was now clad in stark white, and treading halls of jet black crystalline arches. The crystalline motif was not only in the architecture, but in the landscape and technology as well. The entire planet had been changed and the population became isolated from one another, living in widely separated technological citadels and shunning all personal contact.

Any attempt to contact other worlds was forbidden, and the planetary government maintained an isolationist stance, forbidding space exploration of any kind. It was into this world that a young scientist named Jor-El was living. During his adult years, a mysterious [i]Green Plague[/i]

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Great history of Krypton, and poor Superman. :( Nothing left of his past... so on to his future.

Ah... no real idea for a villian, sorry. Mongul? Did you use him?

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Now that he's taken a close look at his pat, it's time Superman looks toward the future.

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006

[b]RK_Striker_JK_5:[/b]
    Yes, Krypton is gone, so Superman realizes it's time to go back to his new home.

No I haven't used Mongul yet, so that's one vote for him.

[hr]
    [b]Healer_Leona:[/b]
    Yes, it is now time for Superman to [i]'Return'[/i] to Coruscant which he will do after two more chapters.

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Chapter Twenty-Eight: Kryptonite

Unbeknownst to Kal-El the strange debris that was left of the planet Krypton was attaching itself to the sides and bottom of the transport. The mysterious green-tinted rocks casted an eerie glow around the craft. Inside of the ship, Kal-El was resting and started to experience pain for the first time. His chest was heavy and he felt actual pain when he rubbed his hands across his body.

It was an experience that he had never felt before. He was actually tired for the first time in his life. He felt weak and started to even sneeze. "How could I be catching a cold?" he said out loud, "I'm Superman, aren't I?"

He looked in the mirror and saw the small child that he now had become. He rubbed his arm across his nose like a small child and flung off the mucous that was slowly descending from his nostrils. He sneezed again and again and felt a chills across his body. He didn't know what to do.

He tried to activate the hologram of his father, but it was not functioning either. The lights on the vessel flickered and Kal-El looked out the windows of the transport. An strange green glow illuminated the blackness of space striking down the child to the cold floor. He slowly arose from the floor, his muscles starting to spasm as he neared the window again.

He tried to peer outside one more time but the sheer pain drove him back further into the vessel. He went to his bunk and decided that he should try to get some sleep. He slipped into a deep sleep. In his mind images of him crawling on the precipice of a giant chasm entered his thoughts.

He peered over the edge and saw emptiness. An endless pit of doom with engulfing flames flickered at the edges of the cliff. He turned to leave the area when all of a sudden a fierce wind pushed him back close to the edge. He could no longer hold on any longer. He fell over the edge and started falling faster and faster. He fell for a very long time and then he finally saw the ground and its jagged edges approaching. There was nothing he could do to stop his fall. He was falling to his death.

The kryptonite that was attaching itself to the transport had its beginnings from the abortive detonation of a doomsday device constructed by the Black Zero terrorist group. They had purposely set off a slow chain reaction within Krypton's core that caused the native elements of Krypton to fuse together forming a new radioactive element.

As the milleniums passed on the planet, the radiation background caused by this unknown element began to kill increasing numbers of Kryptonians. The leaders in charge attributed these deaths to other causes and covered up the knowlege of the green death that was slowly destroying the planets' citizens.

Jor-El was able to trace this background radiation and brought his findings before the Council Members. He told them that he had discovered a massive amount of a mysterious new element inside of Krypton's core. This element was reaching critical mass and it would soon explode causing the destruction of the planet.

The Council members accused him of trying to cause an uprising amongst the masses and told him to never bring this to the population's knowlegde. If he disobeyed this order, he would be accused of treason and imprisoned inside of the Phantom Zone.

So Jor-El had no choice but to send his son away from the self-destructing planet. Unfortunately, once the planet exploded various chunks of the kryptonite were now flung far away from where the planet once resided. The green kryptonite was the most common and deadly variety of the elements that had escaped from the core upon the planet's destruction.

It can remove the powers of Superman and dramatically weaken him. It also causes severe pain and even eventually renders him powerless. Even after its removal, the effects would last for a few minutes before he could regain his superpowers. It was because of this that he was now vulnerable to injury and illness like he was currently experiencing.

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, good thing Yoda sensed what was going on and was able to get to Kal-El.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.