main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Superman-He's about to get really, really awesomer (New Krypton up in heres)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I note that no one is exactly leaping to the series' defense here. Is the general consenus more or less in line with my own, that this thing was great conceptually but the actual issues were poorly written?

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I want to reread it in one sitting before i comment on it further. On the whole i feel a bit disapointed with it.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The way things are done with the books during "New Krypton" is how it was done in the late 80's and all of the 90's. So for me, this is a return to things that I am familiar with. The only difference in writing styles is Robinson compared to Gates and Johns. Only because Robinson has a distinct style of writing.

There is basis. Sam Lane hasn't trusted Superman for years and his desire to rid the world of him and his influence mirrors Lex's own desires. Alura's attitude makes sense given that her people have been bitch slapped by life for the last 35 years.

She isn't a villain. She's a woman determined to protect her people after seeing her husband's body with a hole in his chest, the size of a cantalope. And if you feel embarrassed by a line like "You little fool", maybe it is time to reevaluate your feelings towards comics.

Woods is drawing the S-Shield like in "Superman Returns". I don't see that as an inability on his part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.