Story [Superman]Love Long Delayed (Mush, one-shot scene) 11-11-2011

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Nov 10, 2011.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Love Long Delayed
    Author: mrjop2
    Genre: Romance one-shot
    Summary: This one shot is a sceen from the full-length story: Superman: The Man of Steel. This scene also can server as a great one shot, and I wanted to share it to others that are not reading the story. I wanted to share this to those that are more into mush than anything else. After months of hidding their love for each other, Superman and Lois Lane finally unleash the their feelings that they've had bottled up for so long.

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/mrjop2-mos.jpg]

Love Long Delayed

Lois was in her skyrise apartment; her mind was still reeling about what she had seen a few hours ago. How to handle the discovery was a decision that still eluded her. She was contemplating if she should tell Clark that she knew the truth or if she should wait for him to tell her when he was ready. She had never been so confused about anything, in her life.

From the corner of her eye, she could see a figure standing on the balcony porch. There was no mistaking who it was. He stood there with his red cape flapping in the light breeze but a warm, gentle smile on his face.

She decided to pretend as if nothing happened. Perhaps she could encourage him to tell him the truth. Trying to walk with a slight agitated tinge to it, she went to the wall made completely of windows, and opened the glass door leading to the balcony. ?So, you finally have the time to see me. For a while, I thought you were intentionally trying to ignore me.?

?I apologize for making you feel that way, Lois,? he replied in a soft toned voice. ?I must admit, that I have been rather distracted as of late.?

?I bet,? Lois replied, unable to get the image of Lana Lang out of her mind. ?Let me guess? you?ve been busy tracking this rogue Kryptonian and this crazed robot from hell.?

?I have; that is not what has kept me distracted,? he replied. ?I have had a lot on my mind, lately. I am not used to being so uncertain about things.?

?You are human, aren?t you? sort of speaking?? Lois replied. ?Who hasn?t been confused at one point or another? My life hasn?t been a bed of roses lately, recently, either.?

?Really? I always took you for an extremely decisive woman,? he replied with a playful smirk on his face.

Lois quickly became defensive. ?And I am? normally.?

?Then perhaps we should do something that may clear our heads a bit,? he replied, stretching his hand out.

Lois looked down at his hand, and knew what he was suggesting. ?Are you serious?? For some reason, it did not feel appropriate to take a flight with him at this time. Her instinct was to sit alone in a quite atmosphere, when she needed time to sort things out. Going out on another flight with Superman seemed more of a distraction from her problems; and she was not one who allowed herself to get distracted until her problem was solved.

?I find a good night-time flight through the country is good at clearing the mind.?

She took his hand, having learned to trust him on a countless number of times. At the very moment, she wanted to desperately tell him that she knew his identity. Has he gently guided her to his side, his presence again was enough to make her tremble. Even knowing that he was Clark Kent did not subside the intimidation of being in his presence.

?Hold on.?

He held her firmly into his side with his left arm as stretched his right arm up above his head. This was not her first flight with him, but the sensation of her feet lifting off the balcony was just as unsettling as the first time. After the initial takeoff, however, the fear subsided and the enjoyment began.

Superman started their flight slightly above the city of Metropolis. They were low enough to see the lights of the cars driving through the streets, but high enough so no one the ground could identify her with him. It was amazing how beautiful Metropolis was at night in comparison to the day time. The city lit up was very impressive display which adequately hid the filth and despair of the city.

As they
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    That was really sweet. Loved it!
  3. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    OOOPS! Didn't mean to post this chapter here!
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl