main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Superman Returns... and he's still a ****.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Guys' started by Darth Guy, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Seriously, what the hell? From the very beginning, he throws a ball so his mom's dog can't get it; he wants to steal a perfectly decent guy's girlfriend; on top of that, he left his baby's momma without a word only to find a bunch of floating rocks (no ****ing surprise there, Sherlock). And at the end, he left the hospital without even saying "Thank you" to the people who tried to save his life. [face_plain]

Other things: why does Ms. Pulitzer-Prize-winner not know how to spell "catastrophe"? And does she also have super-strength? 'Cause that's the only way 110-pound Lois could carry 225-pound Superman to the surface of the ocean through what is apparently many feet of water. Does Bryan Singer really hate dogs or something? Because that scene with the dog eating the other is just random and disturbing. And Jimmy Olson once again proves that he's the biggest loser around by still being an intern after five years.

The Lex Luthor scenes saved the movie.

Batman Begins > his counterpart's franchise revival

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Lay off of the crack, for me, if nothing else.

3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I am, and that's the problem.

4. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Superman died with christopher reeves.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Is that a Christopher Reeve/George Reeves combination?

6. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    I loved Superman Returns.
    I thought that it was exceptionally romantic.

-JR :)

7. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Agreed...Batman movie way outshined Superman's.

8. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I rather enjoyed both movies, though I did like Batman Returns more. For me, Lois Lane nearly ruined the movie. Who was that girl? I mean, jeez!! Yes, she was attractive, but that's not why Superman loves her. Frankly, there was nothing about this woman that would make me believe that Supes would try to steal her away from another guy. Even if Supes had turned into a right git, there's plenty more women in the world throwing their panties at him that are far superior to that girl.

Come to think of it, what is up with the rash of poor female characters in superhero movies? They've absolutely destroyed what little there was of Susan Storm; that chick in Batman Returns was pretty useless; Lois Lane; Mary Jane AND Gwen Stacy (although Mary Jane did have a moment in the last movie, but it wasn't much); and pretty much every female character in X-Men3. Isn't it sad that the most interesting female character in a superhero movie in recent years is the teenager in Transformers?

9. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    i thought both were boring films, & i love both directors & the cast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.