main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Superman Returns and Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Good point.[face_thinking] She wouldn't remember. Some how, he took her memory away with a SUPER kiss :* at the end of Superman II. And if she realized it WAS his kid, don't you think she would feel a little violated. Maybe he snuck in her bedroom one night. We already know from Superman Returns that he is a peeping tom in spying on Lois & her family at their house. He even went into her little boys room while he was sleeping without telling them that he was there.

Pirates of the Caribbean II anyone? Times at the Thoroughbred are:

11:30 AM
    12:00 PM
    12:30 PM
    1:45 PM
    2:40 PM
    3:10 PM
    3:40 PM
    5:00 PM
    5:50 PM
    6:20 PM
    7:00 PM
    8:15 PM
    9:00 PM
    9:30 PM
    10:10 PM
    11:30 PM
    12:10 AM

There is also a midnight showing for those of you who don't need much sleep or don't mind being zombies on Friday. [face_hypnotized]

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Zombies, waiting for our show!We wanted to nap, but it seems the baby has other ideas. So we will just have to push through until the wee hours after the show!

3. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Have fun! Please let us know how it was. :cool:

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'd be interested in a mid-afternoon showing on Saturday.

5. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    As soon as I heard that they were not doing a fresh restart of Superman but were instead making it a sequel to a movie made 25 years ago, I though that was the worst idea since Halle Berry playing Catwoman.

6. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Superman Returns was sort of a redo of the original Superman movie. The structure of the movie was sort of the same and there were many scenes that were recreated.

Last week, before going to see Superman Returns, my brother Patrick and I were watching a show about Superman and they showed the scene where Christopher Reeve delivers the line about standing for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way." I turned to Patrick and told him that I'd bet money that we wouldn't hear anything about the American Way in this new movie. Unfortunately, I was correct.

Went to see PotC: Dead Man's Chest today. It was decent but seemed a bit slow in places. I don't think it was as good as the first one.

7. Doc_Savage

Sep 13, 2004
    Forgot to mention it in my previous message, but the last scene of PotC: Dead Man's Chest is after the credits.

8. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    We went to see the Imax 3D Saturday and really enjoyed it. If you enjoyed the movie, then the Imax is worth another viewing. The 3D scenes added to the experience. There are 4 different 3D scenes.

As Scott was saying, some of the story is hard to believe like Lois being thrown around the plane and not injured, but I still absolutely loved the story, the acting, and the directing. Parker Posey's screaming was annoying in the run-away Mustang scene. Guess she was acting like she was acting therfore overdoing it.

I watched the original movies as a kid, but have not seen them in the last 15 years, so had no problems accepting the continuity, or lack of, however you look at it.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Just got back from seeing Pirates 2. Pretty good, though I didn't enjoy it as much as the first movie. ILM did an amazing job with the effects -- some of their best work.

My biggest problem was the realization that I had seen all the funny parts in the trailers already. I believe Waldorf and Statler refer to that as "Dej-hah View."

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Sorry I missed seeing it with you Dylan. Pirates 2 was THE movie on the top of my list for this summer & I had to work the ENTIRE weekend & even pulled an all nighter Sunday night. Talk about having a case of the Mondays! Oh well, maybe we'll get out to see it in the next couple of weeks.

I'm glad you enjoyed Superman more than we did Greg. I guess I just had too high of expectations going in.

11. Doc_Savage

Sep 13, 2004
    I was glad to see Parker Posey had a fair sized role in the movie; have to support my hometown actors! Christmas before last, while back home to visit the parents, I was behind Parker in line at Krogers. Kinda neat to run into someone like that in the grocery store, heheh.

I really enjoyed the 3D scenes in Superman Returns and after seeing Dead Man's Chest, thought Superman Returns was better.

12. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Saw the film on Monday. Not bad, but not as good as the first film.

I think the Ask-A-Ninja guys have done a pretty spot on review of the film. See the review here: Askaninja.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.