main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Superman Returns Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StevoDirector, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    I wanted to start one off :D This is like the Anakin Costume thread. Please start adding refrence pics, i cant at the mo because of my stupid computer. But if anyone has a picture of their SR costume, please post.
    I will be able to type more later
    Stee

S_S edit: removed all caps from title

2. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I don't think anyone has made any of these yet, I do know where a few ref pics are of the one on display, I'll see if I can find them.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Theres quite a few thats been made at SHH! forums as well if you look on eBay.

I'm working on one myself, but a more proper costume not Mr. 3D dodgeball ;)

4. Darth_Valmar

Darth_Valmar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    SHUT THIS DOWN! THIS IS A STAR WARS PLACE!!!!

5. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Darth Valmar, can't they have these threads in here too, for those that wish to look at them? I personally don't know of another costuming board in which to go if I had any questions like this. sister Sola hasn't shut them out yet, there is nothing in the rules that I can see that would forbid such threads

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Valmar, this forum has always allowed and encouraged off topic costuming discussion. Have you ever perused the thread index? It has a section devoted to off topic threads.
    Incidentally, the fact that our forum manager made an edit to the thread title and noted it in the first post should be big enough of a clue that she has seen, read and deemed this thread appropriate already. ;)

7. jsoto81

jsoto81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2005
    So I was looking at the basic blue of the costume and it appears to be nothing more than a full body professional swim suit, like the kind that the Olympian Swimmers wear. It's likely made by nike or speedo for the movie, they usually run about 600 dollars american for the mens suits. You can see the similarities at their websites. It has to stitching around the waist, coming in from the arm pit area into the outer areas of the stomach. Anyway that's my rant on the costume. I'll post links to pictures tomorrow when I'm on my other computer.

8. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Doesn't it havw a really wierd pattern? On the 'S' logo it has mini s' on it

9. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes but aparently it is not one, and is just heavily based on one.

10. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    [image=http://www.kal-el.org/uploaded_images/theshield9gz-769916.jpg]

Yes. There is a small textured "diamond-within-a-diamond" texture on the main body, and the "S" logo on the shiled itself. It almost looks as if the yellow part of the shield has a slightly different "S," but it could very well just be from the way the light's hitting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.