main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Superman Returns discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sith Magician, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I've watched the first two films today and am finally off to see the new one tonight.

Can't wait.

(It's good to have the missus and youngling out of town for a few days, noone to complain that I've spent the whole day in front of the tv)

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Now that was teh cool.

I've heard a few people say that they thought it was a little long, but I think it was about right. It was an hour and a half into the film before I'd even looked at my watch.

The only problem I had with the film was Posey Parker, I really can't stand that woman. This is only the second film I have seen her in, and I did not like her in either.

3. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Parker Posey?!!?? She was awesome!!

She was great as Kitty Kozlowski- and some of her scenes were so real. (Her confronting Lex after her brakes were cut and her resistance to Lex's plans)

She was one of the strongest elements of the film!

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    we are of course each entitled to our own opinion.

She's just not my cup of tea.

I just hope she's good at acting annoying (as I find her), and a completely different person in real life. That to me would mean she has great acting talent, and I may see her in a role I enjoy one day.

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I figured she was very over the top but I think that's in keeping with the earlier films where Lex always had a real ***** offsider. She seemed to do it well I think despite how annoying I find all of those characters. :p

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I did catch a glimpse of her in another film the other day while I was eating lunch.

I only saw her for a few minutes, but she was a lot less full on and actually quite amusing. Was a nice change.

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Finally got out and saw it with my other half.

What an experience!

Particularly nice were all the nods to not only the previous movies (especially the opening credits! Whoa! Finally something where modern technology makes it look better than it was!), but also to the "iconic" images of Superman; that photograph as he's lifting Kitty's car to the ground is a direct rip of an old, old Superman comic cover. There was a lot that felt familiar in this one...especially that flying is statistically speaking still the safest way to travel. And not to mention his, well, Jor-El lines to you know who.

I admit I had my doubts about Routh, but I'm a convert. In some respects he actually looks a little more like the comic book Superman I'd imagined. There were real Reeve moments, of course, but I rather like this latest incarnation of the Man.

I'd rate it 4 from 5. It also gets bonus points for the fact my girlfriend liked it, and she's not much of a scifi (or comic) fan.

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like the fact that clark kent leaned to fly the same way arthur dent did (for those who have read the later hitch-hikers guide books). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.