main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Superman Returns Thursday June 29th 7pm Tysons Corner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Moff_Stallion, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    (also posted on the gscantina boards)

Okay, they just anounced that Superman Returns will be released two days early on Wednesday which means I'm able see it at a decent time if anyone else would like to join me either Wednesday or Thursday (I don't care which).

There're only a few theatres up so far on movietickets.com, but more should be added soon. I'm definatley up for either Hoffman, Fairfax Corner or Tysons.

Anyone else interested?

2. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I might be interested depending on when and where. Tysons or Fairfax would be my preferences. And not too late. Thursday would be better for me.

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The Fairfax Town Center is near the kids house Ken and I are camping. Of course, it's hard to plan ahead, but maybe we could make this one. I know both my Italian and belly dancing classes are done by then.

4. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm in a show that opens on June 22nd, so I'll probably have to wait for a weekend afternoon when we're not having matinees. Of course, if Charles will agree to sit next to me in the theater, I might be persuaded to sabotage the entire production just to see it with you all.

5. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Sorry can't make it...one of these days I'll be able to catch another movie with everyone

6. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hey, i'm from pittsburgh, but i'm in delaware dor the summer. I think you guys are the closest fan force group to me at the moment. I might be up for going to see superman (depending on work. i also have a 2 hour drive or so to get there).

if not i'll probably stop by your area at some point this summer.

7. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Well welcome! I believe we decided to see this Thursday, June 29th in Fairfax. I'm not sure if that's too far a drive for you on a weeknight. But you're more than welcome to join us. Let us know if you need directions.

8. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hey Stina-Cri, welcome! Where are you living in DE? A couple of years ago I loved in Bear (sorta b/w and below Newark & Wilmington).

9. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Tina, are you trying to Out-SPY me? On my very own former FF? ;)

10. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I can't believe nobody (Charles!!!) responded when I mentioned that I have another show opening in June!

Does this mean our audiences will be Galatic Senate-less???

Oh and welcome aboard Stina-Cri!!!

11. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Blah you never mentioned anything about my recital ;) All's fair in theatre diva-ness

12. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    yep val, i'm way outspying you....i'm two hours from philly and DC.....plus i've been adopted by Rochester....i'm just a fan force playa! and remember me and stacie wanted to be just like you! I learned from the best spy in all of fan force!

I probably will need directions, but i'm planning on coming. I miss having a fan force to hang out with.

I'm in Rehoboth Beach interning with their film society. So I'm here for the summer, and like i said i'm about two hours from DC, Philly and Baltimore (which i left out before). So I'm fan force hopping.

13. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Welcome! So, if you come, can you bring me some caramel corn from the boardwalk?

And I'll try to make your show, Bruce. You know, if they unchain me from my desk.

14. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    For those of you who haven't gone to our boards (shame), looks like we're going on the 29th. We're hoping it'll be at Fairfax Corner, but it's looking like Tysons will be our best bet.

More as it develops.

15. Torque_Brokoli

Torque_Brokoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    The new Superman's looking a little, em, less amnly than before, don't you think? Too much of the lithe and quick, not enough of the "human brick wall?"

16. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    So, unless otherwise speicified by this weekend, it looks like we're going to do the 7pm show at Tyson's Corner. Check the cantina boards for more info (which isn't much more than I said here).

17. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    can someone post an address for the theater, i'd like to see how long and difficult the drive would be.

I might be able to make it, but it hinges on driving time, and arranging my work schedules

so if someone could post the address, or pm it to me that would be awesome.

18. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    7850 Tysons Corner Center
    McLean, VA 22102
    (703) 998-4262

If you do decide to come, let us know so we can save seats for you. Also, if you visit our boards at gscantina.net, there has been a motion to meet for dinner at 5:30. Not sure if you'd be able to make that, but you're welcome.

If you come, I'll try to wear/bring something distinctive so you can find us. Or you can try and pick us out from pictures on the other website. Either way, it should prove interesting.

19. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, I was hoping I'd be able to come to the show with you all, but at work, I have to close the store Thursday night, so I'll be at work until 9:45 or 10. [face_plain]

I'll most likely be going to see it on Sunday, so if there's anyone else that's going to miss out on Thursday's show, let me know if you want to meet up on Sunday to see the movie. I'll most likely have my friend Britt along (he showed up with me at the group shindig for V For Vendetta).

See y'all later. Expect me when you see me! ;)

20. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Have fun everyone. I'm taking a very short drive to see this on the IMAX in 3-D on Saturday.

Hey I don't get to brag often so deal with it folks. :p

21. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Kool, I have been to tysons corner before, when I was littler. However, I saw it at the Centreville Movie theater a month or so ago. Also, I went to Fairfax Corner, or center, not sure which(I am new to virginia), and they dont have superman there. Nice movie, though.

22. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Welcome to the area BruceM! We ought to be having a meeting soon. YOu ought to come out and meet the club!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.