Superman Returns

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General_Quenobi, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
  2. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I've listened to it once now and found it terribly boring. I'll give it another chance or two but so far only the Superman theme and a cue or two stood out.
  3. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Agreed.
  4. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it okay, but the only parts that I find interesting are the few occurrences of the new Luthor theme. Other than that, I really only like what's been recycled from Williams' score. And semi-effectively recycling John Williams does not a great score make. It's average, just like all of Ottman's turnout to date. Not the worst, but no more than serviceable to the film.
  5. Cellist Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the main reason that I like it so much is that I am completely obsessed with the movie itself, so that helps boost up the soundtrack quality.

6. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The score's pretty good. I enjoy it.
  7. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    even though it's on the soundtrack CD I like at the beginning how "The Planet Krypton" theme is played with the Jor-El voice-over. the scene of zooming out from Krypton to see the sun is amazing and works well with the music.
  8. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The music there is mixed far too low in the film itself, though. I remember being very underwhelmed by that sequence in the theatre, especially when comparing it to the original film's Krypton opening.
  9. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    fixed. i forgot to say it's not on the soundtrack CD
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.