main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SUPERMAN RETURNS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NivekSkywalker, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i know it's too early but are u guys planning to see the midnight screening of Superman Returns? it's gonna be hard for me to travel to the Metreon and catch the first showing since they moved up the release date to the 28th of June. Maybe see it on IMAX that Friday??

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    They moved up the release date, huh?

Not too sure about a midnight show, though -- especially with a two and a half hour running time. I'd prefer something a little more normal, probably on the wednesday of the 28th at the IMAX.

3. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I'm down for a midnight release, I'll dress up as Superman, Robert can be Lex Luthor, and Dale can be Jimmy Olsen.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Looks like you beat me in posting this, Kevin! When did they move the release date?

Mirtha, do you have those pics of Brandon Routh waving at you? [face_laugh]

5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I really don't want to do a midnight release. Other people work in the morninng too or live far away. We have to take that into consideration. I think ROTS is the last as far as midnight release go for me.

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, a midnight show may not be good for a mid-week opening. Hopefully, I'll get an even earlier screening. ;)

Oh, and I read that on June 20, there will be a documentary on DVD about the film and Superman in general called, "Look! Up In The Sky".

7. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm way down for a midnight show. Im quite the night owl anyhow. Anyword on when tickets go on sale?

8. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I'd like to see this as well. I'm down for whatever showing the group decides on. Midnight is rougher, but it can be done.

- kay dee

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The IMAX 3-D showings may or may not be affected by the change in date. I'll keep in touch with Metreon management and let you guys know.

As some of you who were at ComicCon last year know, John Williams' theme WILL be used. =D= Here is the first listen to the film's score:

http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=196

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think midnight would work on a tuesday for those who have jobs that require waking up in the AM.

11. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    let's just aim for that friday (june 30th) for an IMAX screening. it would really be tough for me to make it to the midnight screening bc i have work the next day (530am). sorry for the inconvenience to you guys!

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Even the standard 8PM ccould work on Wednesday, but I would have to ask for the night off from work either way if it's Fri or Sat.

13. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I could be up for either show. My only concern about a Friday evening show is that sometimes the Imax evening shows are too early for me since I don't get off work till 7:15pm.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'd rather wait for Friday evening to watch the IMAX 3-D show. Plus it'll be better for the most part for those that are working.

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Plus a Friday night is easier for me to get off of work. I would also get a chance to catch a regular showing earlier in the week to compare the 3D too.

16. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Friday night works for me :D

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, it looks like Friday night it is. :D

18. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    cool!friday night IMAX screening for SR on Friday June 30th.once showtimes are posted we'll decide on what time we'll all go!

19. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    I'll be able to make it to this event!

20. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey Mike! I haven't seen you since the Santa Cruz trip last August. It would be nice to see you again.

21. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Hey Gale! It has been a long time. I can't wait to kick it with everyone again. See ya all 6/30!

22. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    superman returns tickets are on sale now! including the Metreon IMAX showing for our proposed Friday June 30th plan.

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Okay, Spectrum is Green and Thunderbirds are Go!

24. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I must say I think that Friday night is perfect for me as well cause I have Friday's off ( I did that on perpose so I could make an event or something that we maybe having);) I think that Josh could try to get that day off or get off early ...Oh when will that be again? Oh yes and how much will it be? if you know.

25. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    ARRRRRRGGGHHH! I happened to see this really cool promo for Superman AND Superman Returns on this dvd I'm watching right now. And then I come on the board and see this thread, and that tix are available. THEN I go to Fandango to try to buy tix and Fandango is down for maintenance!
    I am restless! I need tix! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.