main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SUPERMAN RETURNS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NivekSkywalker, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I will there waiting in line 2 :p around 6:00 pm because i'm off at 5:30 pm
    I'll bring my laptop if I can get free internet. I think I can get free internet at metreon.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Ooo, if it's possible I may as well.

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, add Charles to your list for the head count. I don't get off work till 7:30 and will need to grab something to eat before hand. I can call you guys when we get there. I'll probably just get something quick at the metreon and meet you guys in line, if you are not in the theatre already.

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Hopefully the problems they have been having with the Imax equipment will be resolved by Friiday.

5. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'll be bringing my friend Oliver.
    I saw it tonight, and this may not sound surprising, you guys knowing me and all, but I didn't care for the movie. I'd give it 2/5 stars. I think writing in movies has really gone downhill. The storytelling in most blockbusters is bland and too disjointed. A bunch of scenes with story-like elements, and actors dressed up like they're characters, but no strong character interactions and development to tell a good story. It had no charisma or spirit. I'm not down.

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    It did seem to have that over hyped blockbuster element to it. How many times must we be treated to a close up of the S logo on the costume? And do we really need to seem Superman carry huge gigantic objects every 20 minutes?

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well he IS "Superman"! ;)

I saw the film as well, and I'll keep my review to myself until after Friday, but I must say, if you're familiar with Superman's history (comics, TV, the Chris Reeve films - I & II, and the overall lore), then I think you'll enjoy the little wink wink, nods, cameos, etc. spread throughout the film, like I did. :)

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I have just purchased a large can of goodies to bring to the movie. Now I just need someone with a large backpack to smuggle it in.

Caramel corn with almonds and pecans, courtesy of my job at BSA!!

9. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yes, but there is a point when what is supposed to be spectacular becomes blase.

10. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    I should be there around 6:30-7pm tonight. I'll call you Matt to see whats going down.

11. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm hopefully gonna be there by 7:30. Keeping my fingers crossed.

12. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll be leaving the east bay around 4ish.havent decided if i want to bring my powerbook with me to kill time or just bring my ds lite. i'll prolly eat at buckhorn before the movie but i'll be sure to see if any of you guys are lined up already!

13. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    As long as Superman wears his super tights at least every 20 minutes, I'll be happy... :D

I'm bringing my friend from work. And yes, she's over 18...sorry guys. :p

14. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    That was a great night out! Thanks guys! My only gripe was that my parking ended up costing me $20!! I prolly could of made the last BART train. Oh well maybe i'll BART it for Pirates 2! I'm gonna have to see SR again and again and again.

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I enjoyed it too, and I definitely can't wait until Pirates.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I thought the movie was good, the plot made sense to a degree. Although the part with the island w/green K being lifted was totally wrong. The original Superman movies and Smallville reduce his powers to nothing when in the presence of green K. He should NOT be able to keep going while shards of it are growing right towards him... It didn't seem right. I didn't think Lois was plucky enough here and what of the other Kryptonian crystals? Seems kind like a huge loss for Superman. Good fun action though.

17. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    yeah i think the ending was kinda iffy. at least it leaves an opening for SR 2. they gotta bring back General ZOD!i thought kate played a great lois lane in fact all the actors did an excellent job.

18. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    It was good seeing you all again! I liked the movie, but I really wasn't crazy about the ending. I wanted Superman to beat the living crap out of Luther after he got out of the hospital. Then, it would have been nice if Superman took the crystals back to his artic chamber. Well, hopefully I get my wish in the next movie and see Luther beaten down like a governtment mule.

19. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I really did enjoy the fact that they mentioned Gotham City in the news broadcast. VERY INTERESTING...

20. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    they also mentioned Manila! first time for Manila!! it would of been supercool if they actually showed Supes fly to Manila!

21. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I really liked the little father son speech at the end of the movie and I loved Brandon, but other than that, the movie was pretty awful, IMO. I couldn't stand Spacey as Lex Luthor or Kate Blandsworth as Lois Lane. The storyline was pretty weak and the movie lacked the cute/corny style of the original series. The little cannibal pomeranian was cool, but I won't be seeing this movie again.

22. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i saw it again, this time on a regular screen with thx surround. nothing beats imax 3d though. too bad pirates isn't on imax 3d. does anyone know if SR will be shown on the digital screen?

23. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Yeah. I went and copped a seat again last night in Daly city. Kinda spoiled it. Eveything should have an IMAX option now. But it was still great second time around.

24. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I enjoyed the movie. One major drawback for me was the casting of Lois Lane. Kate Bosworth's personality (or lack) and physcial appearance doesn't even come close. I think they could've gotten a better Lois. Someone who's fiesty!

25. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i thought kate looked kinda like lois from smallville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.