main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Superman Returns

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Jon and I saw it today, and we both loved it.=D=

What did everyone else think?

2. DarkTrooper013

DarkTrooper013 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Loved it[face_flag] looking forward to the next two that all are already signed up to do.:D [face_dancing]

3. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I thought that is was great. It was the best movie I saw since Episode III. Maybe a little to much Lois and not enough Superman. The story fits in great after Superman II.

I know that the cut a lot of stuff to be under the 2:40 min. run time. There was the scene when Clark meets Ben Hubbard that was in the trailer. If you buy the Topps cards there are some pictures of Superman on Krypton. And if you buy the movie book they show more stuff of a young Clark on the Farm. I can't wait for the DVD.

4. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I saw it on the 2nd at the Emagine, loved it, then went yesterday to see it at the IMAX and loved it even more. Probably will go again this weekend just to give it money to battle the giant cash mountain that sheep gave to the second damned Pirates movie. My only real concern going into the thing was casting some beach-loving bleached-blonde airhead as Lois Lane but she was surprisingly adequate. Kevin Spacey was the man, as expected, but Parker Posey as his female sidekick was definitely battling with him over stealing their scenes.

5. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow, I guess I am in the minority here. I thought it was just ok. I thought the acting was very wooden.
    I thought that Brandon Routh filled out the suit nicely and looked like a young Christopher Reeve but there wasn't enough dialogue or character development for Superman or Clark Kent to get a real idea of his acting ability or personality. He just seemed to be missing that twinkle in his eye.
    I thought this Lois Lane was really not spirited or feisty enough. (Maybe it was just because she was hungry? She looks like she only weighs about 80 lbs.) The flying sequences/special effects were ok.
    Kevin Spacey did an excellent job channeling Gene Hackman--his voice even sounded just like him. Parker Posey's character was just so bizarre...I kept thinking that Jennifer Tilly must not have been available or was too old now maybe.
    The stuff with the Pomeranians was just SO distasteful...not funny...not at all...
    Would have liked to see more of Clark's Mom--she seemed to have the most soul and acting ability...
    Looking forward to seeing Pirates 2, which is what we set out to see, but it was sold out so we saw Superman Returns instead...

6. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    POTC2 was good, but are you kidding me - $132 million in three days? That was unexpected. Nearly $20 million more than Spiderman's record.

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    I loved Superman Returns thought it was a great movie. Also loved POTC 2.

8. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    Good movie, I just did not care for him looking liek he was going to go into a full out cry 3times in the movie. and at the end when Lois said " will we see you around" I was hope'n for him to say "every other weekend":D

I still like Bat Man begins over this film. The Bat man was based more off the butt kicking Dark Knight comic that I loved In the mid 90's

and the Spider man 3 next May[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

9. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    [image=http://www.pbase.com/nero_design/image/59263414/large.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.