main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Superman]The Last Son of Krypton(Book 1 of 3)-- THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS HONOR!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 19: Reunions

The next day, all of Metropolis was abuzz with the news about the Super Man. The day?s headline of every media outlet was about Metropolis? new hero. Everyone seemed hungry for more information, but very little was known about him. Everyone wanted to know if he would return again.

As a result, everything that was to happen today had changed. Turpin?s plan, to try to use the demonstration to expose Luthor, had come unraveled. What was supposed to be a private demonstration had been forced into becoming a public one. All the media were now attending the demonstration. For some reason, everyone assumed that Lex Luthor had something to do with this new hero.

?This is a joke,? Turpin cursed. ?The media is only here to try to be the one news outlet to report on exclusive information on this Superman. If I was a betting man, I would say that Luthor is threatened by him. All these idiots are doing is ruining our operation.?

?We could still get lucky,? Sawyer replied, even though she was trying to convince herself of it, as well.

?With this many reporters present, I doubt Lex would take the risk of trying anything,? Lois added. She looked to his other side to see Clark not willing to make any comments on the matter. He was only there to protect her after what happened yesterday.

?To be honest, this whole operation became a bust after yesterday. You?re definitely living up to your reputation, Miss Lane. After everything you went through, yesterday, I was ready to call the whole thing off.?

?I am my father?s daughter,? she shrugged.

?You certainly are,? General Lane replied, stepping up to the group. His green military uniform was neat and pressed like always. His hair was short and silvery-gray. His pointed mustache made him look, very much, like Ted Turner. ?I should have known that you would be here with your media friends. I swear; I don?t know where I went wrong with you.?

?Hi, Daddy,? Lois said with a false smile on her face. Clark instantly picked up on Lois? tension. It appeared that her relationship, with her father, was strained. If he knew about what his daughter had just gone through, he did not show it.

?This demonstration was supposed to be private. This does not concern the public; it is a matter of national security and only concerns the U.S. armed forces and the Department of Homeland Security.?

?Well, General, the appearance of this super character changed everything, now didn't it?? Turpin responded before Lois could comment.

?This ?Superman?, as everyone is calling him, has no business here. If he knew what was good for him, he would go back into hiding. The United States cannot condone vigilantism.?

Lois gasped, stunned by what his father had just said. ?He is a hero, Dad. I hope he is for real; Metropolis could really use a hero, right now.?

?He can?t be for real,? General Lane replied to his daughter. ?He is a threat to our national security, any way you look at it. Even if he had the best of intentions, no man is above the law. If he seeks to continue to do good works, then he must do it under the authority of this government."

"Only you, Dad, would want to recruit him into the military,? Lois said in disgust. ?Sometimes, I don?t believe we?re even related.?

Her father shook his head, ?Sometimes I say the same thing. Where did my daughter ever learn to disrespect the good ol' U.S. of A??

Lex peeped around the curtain, looking out at the gathering of top military leaders. The press and the added security from, the MPD and the MCSU, were unwelcomed additions to this demonstration. He had no choice but to grant them access after yesterday?s fiasco.

With all the media now present, he was going to get more bad-press than he had bargained for. John Corben should be getting ready to sabotage the battle unit any time now. He was now jeopardizing his whole business, on the slim chance that Superman would make a reappearance.

?So what do you want to do? Do you want to lead the local authorities to arrest John Corben, be

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Good chapter. I can feel the tension rising, leading to something big.

3. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yea, trouble is definety brewing.

The next chapter is only a few days away.

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Sorry for the long delay. with an extended famiy visit and a 3 days trip starting tomorrow. I will have the next chapter up by Sunday.

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 20: The Demonstration Goes Awry

Clark rejoined Lois amid all the reporters. He could still see the contempt on her face when he arrived. She was a woman who refused to let go of her grudges against Lex; and he was starting to gain an understanding on why. ?So how did your little chat go with your best friend??

?We used to be friends,? he corrected. ?Now, I do not know who that that man is, anymore.?

Lois did not say anything; but the look of suspicion, on her face, said everything. They looked towards the stage where Lex Luthor was now standing at the podium.

With the help of Lieutenant Inspector Turpin, Jimmy was able to sneak around backstage. He and Captain Sawyer had gone over with him several different scenarios, if he was caught. It appeared that he was not going to need any of them; the backstage was completely deserted. He could hear Lex Luthor starting the presentation on the other side of the curtain. He did not have much time remaining.

?Wow, where?s all the security at??

Jimmy had his person digital camera with him instead of his professional lens camera. His digital camera was capable of recording video, which would be more useful as evidence for the either the MPD or MCSU. Installed in it was the highest capacity memory card available on the market, thanks to the investment from Lieutenant Turpin.

Jimmy walked unchallenged through the giant backstage area. He could not shake the feeling that he was walking into a trap. There was no way Luthor would be having a demonstration this big and not have any security.

Up ahead, he did find one person in the backstage area. He was working on a computer station that was connected to what looked like the back of a giant robot without a head. Jimmy knew, that the robot was the prototype that was being demonstrated today; and a very bad feeling swept over him because of it.

Trying to keep far enough away, so not to be noticed, he pressed the record button on his digital camera. He took video footage of the back of the massive robot; he was not sure if it would prove useful or not. He was just going to record what he was now seeing, and let the professionals decide if there was something out of place.

He slowly turned the camera around, hoping to capture how empty the backstage area was. When he brought his camera around to the man standing at the computer, the man was looking directly at him. Jimmy?s nerves went on the fritz. He did not know what he should do at that point. Should he introduce himself with the false identity, that he was given?

The facial expression on the man was that of panic; he was doing something that he was not supposed to be doing. Jimmy had to assume that he was sabotaging the prototype, and had to be stopped. ?Hey you!?

The man made a mad dash away from him; and without thinking, Jimmy found himself chasing after him.

?We live in a time of growing chaos and violence ever since nine-eleven. Our wars have been very costly in human life. As a nation, we need more security that another nine-eleven will never happen again. We also need a way to fight our wars without jeopardizing the ones we love. Impossible, you may think, but that is not the case anymore; the A2-40 will do that and more.?

With a clap of his hands the red curtain was raised. The crowd gasped at the intimidating sight of the massive robot. It was almost right out of the pages of Robocop. There was no doubt that comparisons were going to be made, to the movie, by all the reporters. It?s two immense arms were two machine guns, which currently pointed downward.

?Holy crap,? Turpin muttered under his breath. ?I think we underestimated Luthor once again. ?We?re going to have to try something else.?

?I?m beginning to agree with you,? Sawyer replied, her eyes not moving from the prototype, up on stage.

?Oh my god, what is Luthor thinking?? Lois gasped.

?This plan of yours and Lieutenant Turpin?s is not a good idea, anymore. Where is Jimmy??

Lois had responded, but Clark had faded her voice out as he used his super hearing to pick

6. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Like it. I like it a lot. You are doing a great job at showing Luthor's devious nature, how far he is willing to go to get what he wants.

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    He has only just begun to show how evil he really is. The next chapter should be coming no to long from now.

8. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 21: Enter Metallo

A visit from General Lane was not unexpected, nor was the news that he was bringing to Lex. What was a surprise was his strong, encouraging support. ?My superiors want to put a freeze on our business dealings until a formal investigation can be done. I have to abide by their decision, but I will make sure that the investigation is swift, so we can get back to business.?

?I understand,? Lex replied, clasping his hands in front of him. ?It is sad that the culprit may not survive for the police to be able to question him; but none-the-less, this situation should be dealt with in a timely fashion.?

General Lane never lost his composure. His standing posture was always straighter than any other normal person. Spending the number of years in the military tended to build strong personalities; he was no exception. Showing emotions was not in his personality, as well. This was the closest to showing emotion that Lex had ever seen, despite General Lane?s face being like stone. ?Nothing has changed, in my opinion. You have done this nation a great service with your weapons.?

Lex hated to change the subject, but curiosity got the better of him. ?What is your opinion of Superman??

Just the name turned his stomach. ?It is my view that he is a menace until he is registered by the government. We need to know that he has no ulterior motives.?

?Sort of like giving him a vigilante registration permit.?

?Something along those lines,? General Lane nodded. ?All men need some sort of authority to keep them in line. On whose authority does Superman do what he does??

?Very interesting point,? Lex complimented.

?Not to mention, the army could really use someone with his abilities.?

That was the one thing Lex had not wanted to hear in this conversation. Now, there was no mistaking what had to be done. ?I see your point,? Lex lied.

?If you will pardon me, I must report to my superiors,? General Lane said. He spun around and marched firmly out of Lex?s office.

For some misplaced reason, he had hoped that he could have spared Clark for what he was about to unleash. If all the government was interested in was forcing Clark, or Superman, to sign some vigilantism registration act, then there would be no problem; he would have no problem pulling the right strings to get Clark out of Metropolis. Then, he would no longer be a threat to getting in the way of his more shady deals.

However, the military wanted him as a weapon, and that was something Lex could not have. If they put a leash on him, and controlled him as their weapon, then they would no longer need Lex's technology. Lexcorp would not go bankrupt, but it would be intolerably costly.

So now, he was faced with getting rid of Clark, or being the first to put a leash on him. Actually, there was a third option that Lex had decided to take: all the above.

Mercy entered the office. ?We got it. Superman left some DNA on the prototype.?

?Excellent! Have the sample taken to the cloning lab. One way or another, Superman is going to work for me.?

Lex stood up from his chair and took a few steps to the giant window behind him. Cupping his hands behind him, he stared out onto the vast landscape of building rooftops. ?The power that he had was incredible; godlike, almost. How does a man acquire such power?"

?I wonder if he is even human,? Mercy said, cautiously walking up to Lex. She was ignoring all of warnings going off inside of her. Her feelings had taken control of her body. She had long desired for him to notice her. She was attracted to men with power. Him just talking about power was more than she could bear.

Lex turned to face her. ?Perhaps he?s not. That would explain a lot.?
    Her eyes locked onto his. His voice began to waver. ?If there is anyone who should have that kind of power, it?s me.?

Her face drew closer to his as their noses nearly touched. ?Yes, you should have the power.? Her head tilted as their lips met.

Her eyes fluttered shut. Their lips barely touched, or moved, for that matter, and she could have sworn that he was reciprocating.

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Metallo, nice. Great scene with him. Defenitly was very well done.

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yep, Metallo is born.

I have mapped out the rest of the story, and things are really going to get exciting and intense from here on out. I estimate the story will be about 35 chapters plus a prologue to set up book 2. This is one of the longest stories I have ever written. In comparison, the length of this story is going to be what would be a three hundred page novel. I supposed it's because it's an origins story. I suspect the other two stories in the trilogy will be half that, but I can't guarantee anything. I don't believe in rushing through a story just to keep it a certain length. I come up with a story, and i take however long it takes to tell it well.

The next chapter is already in progress and should arrive by Tuesday.

11. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 22: Love Takes Flight

Lois began to regret her choice of clothing for the interview. She was dressed as if she was going on a hot date. There was no use trying to fool herself that she did not have a crush on him; she did, but that did not mean that he had to feel the same way about her. She wondered if she really was as vain as her younger sister made her out to be.

She was on the rooftop of the Daily Planet. She had kept this interview secret from Perry White and Jimmy Olson. She wanted to surprise her boss tomorrow with this article, not to mention that she wanted this alone time with him. Clark was the only one she told, and she could not figure out why. She end up stressing to him, though, that this article was hers and hers alone. Perhaps she was a little rough on him, but what was done was done.

She had taken the liberty to set up a card table and two wooden folding chairs. On the table were two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine. She went to the table and straightened every detail of the tabletop for the third time. ?God, I am vain,? she mumbled under her breath.

A gentle breeze whooshed by her, and there he was, standing on the rooftop with her. Looking down at her watch, she saw that it was nine o'clock sharp. ?Wow, you?re the definition of punctual,? Lois commented.

Superman grinned. He looked past her to see the table set up and a bottle of wine. ?You seemed to have gone out of the way just for an interview.?

Lois shrugged. ?I just wanted to make things comfortable for us. It?s not every day someone gets to interview a real life superhero.?

He walked with her to the table. Even though this was his interview, he went out of his way to be a perfect gentleman. He pulled back the chair to allow her to sit down. ?Thank you. Here I thought chivalry was dead.?

Supermen pushed her up to the table before taking his seat. Lois held up the bottle of wine. ?Wine??

?I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but I do not drink.?

?At all??

Superman beamed at her response. ?Just alcohol. I eat and drink just like everyone else.?

?So you are human?? Lois pulled out her pad of paper and a pen from her purse. After getting what she needed, she put her purse back under the table.

?I am humanoid, just like everyone else on this planet, but I am not from Earth.?

Lois could not help notice the ease in how he answered her questions. He was calm, collected, and confident. ?So you're an alien? What planet are you from??

?I come from a planet called Krypton.?

?Never heard of such of planet. Is it spelled with a C-R-I?? Lois asked, cursing her poor spelling ability.

?It?s Krypton with a K-R-Y,? Superman corrected, watching her struggle to write down the name of his home world. He could not help but be amused by her mental dilemma. ?My real name is Kal-El.?

Her right eyebrow rose. She had no idea how to, even, begin to spell that. ?That?s your real name? I figured it was something that started with an ?S?. That?s why we have given you the name ?Superman?.?

?This,? he tapped the ?S? on his chest. ?This is the symbol of the ?El family. It?s kind of like how your businesses have their personal logos. On Krypton, every family has a symbol that we display for honor.?

?Interesting. Are you offended when we call you Superman? Most of the world believes that what the ?S? stands for, and it?s a lot easier to remember.?

His laugh was gentle and heartfelt; which meant that he had a sense of humor. ?I have no problem with that; I kind of like it.?

?Well, that?s good,? Lois replied. She fought the urge to look directly into his eyes. The man was so handsome, up-close, that she did not trust herself not to get distracted. ?How long have you been here on Earth??

?Krypton exploded when I was a baby. My parents sent me here to save me from the destruction. I have been here ever since. I rather not go into much more details than that to protect the ones I care about.?

?I can understand that. I will not put that in my article.? She could not explain why she said that. She never promised anyone to hold back information from

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Awesome chapter. I like the emotion going on between Seperman and Lois, very well done.

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you.

At the rate I am moving, It appears I might be able to do a chapter every three days for now. I can guarantee to be able to keep up to this pace but I don't have much going on right now, granting me a lot of time to work on this story.

I will not post any faster than a chapter every three days. I should be able to make the 12/18 update on time without any delays.

14. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 23: First Confrontation

The morning started like your typical workday in Metropolis. The streets were overflowing with traffic, and the sidewalks were bustling with people. Metallo tried to hide his appearance using the hood from his hooded jacket, but it could only do so much. He could still feel the eyes being drawn to him like a magnet. He could feel his ire rising with each pair of eyes that looked towards him.

He murmured under his breath as he pushed his way through the crowd. It was beginning to feel like everyone was congregating around him, and it was making him claustrophobic. He walked past a twelve year old boy walking with his mother. The kid pointed at him, but his mother pulled him closer to herself, terrified by his appearance. A young hoodlum clipped his shoulder as he walked by. He could hear the young man cry, ?Ouch!? underneath his breath.

?Get away from me,? Metallo uttered under his breath.

He could overhear the whispers of everyone around him. He could hear them drown out his very own thoughts. Every single person there was dismayed by his appearance. He spun around to see his feelings were correct; people were cautiously crowding around him. They all had shocked looks on their faces, and that was when he realized that his hood had fallen off.

?I said, get away from me!? He roared, scaring everyone surrounding him.

?Back away, people!? Two voice from among the crowd ordered.

Metallo spun back around and saw the crowd begin to disperse to reveal two police officers. ?What the hell is that thing?? One of the officers whispered to his partner.

?Thing?? Metallo snapped violently. ?Do I look like a thing to you? To All of You??

The two offices whipped out their guns. When they did, the crowd dispersed ever faster and ran for cover. Metallo had no lips; but if he did, he would have grinned. ?You really should not have done that.?

Metallo stormed towards the two officers, who unleashed everything their hand guns had. The bullets bounced off him harmlessly. With his left hand, he pushed the officer on the left backwards. He used the back of his other arm to swat the other officer out into the incoming traffic. An approaching car could not stop fast enough, and he rammed into the officer, in mid-air, with his windshield.

?How, in the name of Samuel Adams, did you get an interview with the big man?? Perry White asked after he finished reading the poorly spelled rough draft.

?He came to me for the interview,? Lois replied, with a satisfactory grin on her face.

?You?re going to be famous!? Jimmy cheered with excitement.

?Thanks, Clark, for allowing me to do this. I promise I will not leave you out on a scoop anymore.?

?I understand why it was important for you,? Clark replied. ?You don?t have to treat me like a child; I?m not a kid.?

Perry was not so willing to let this go as Clark was. ?You better not leave your partner out again; this thing is so riddled with spelling errors, that?s it?s embarrassing. I like the title, though: ?My Night with Superman.? This is really interesting stuff. I want a final draft by the end of the day. This will be tomorrows front page story. We will recycle one of Jimmy's Superman photos to go with it.?

?Alright!? Jimmy cheered.

?Hey, take a look at the breaking news!? Another reporter stuck his head into Perry?s office.

Looking out the door, they could see everyone gathered around every LCD flat screen TV?s at various locations in the building. Everyone in Perry?s office filed on out and over to the closest television.

Displayed on the screen was half-man/half-robot creature terrorizing Metropolis. The damage in his wake was devastating. Whatever that thing was, he had some super strength to be able to cause that much damage. Clark watched as it flipped a police car into the middle of traffic heading in the opposite direction, causing a major multi-car accident.

?I think I know where that is. Do you have your camera, Jimmy??

?Sure do,? Jimmy replied, showing off his camera.

?Clark, are you-? Lois to her other side to see

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Excellent battle..............something tells me the taxes and insurance premiums in Metropolis are pretty high to have to cover all this collateral damage.:p Like the first battle, it has me looking forward to more confrontations between these two.

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    If the taxes were low before, then it's not going to be for long, especially after what is to come.

The next chapter will be here a couple days. I have a volunteer who is designing either a cover for this story or a character sketch of Metallo. As soon as he completes it, I will post here!

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That sounds excellent! I can't wait to see.:)

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Just a note: I have already started story boarding the second story of the trilogy: Superman: The Man of Steel, and I have to tell you, I can not wait to start it. It will definitely up the ante, and if can write it as well as I see it in my mind's eye, it will be even better than this one.

Based on what I have story boarded already, I have a trailer out on the NSW resource forum, in the Trailer and Bunny Plot thread. Just click here if care to see what's coming.

Chapter 24: Investigation

Maggie was a great officer of the law, but a terrible patient. When the doctors told her that they wanted to keep her overnight for observation, she put up a fight. It took a lot of effort, on Toby Rain?s part, to get her to agree to stay the night. A serious concussion had the potential to put someone in a coma while they were sleeping. The doctors only wanted to make sure that would not happen with her.

Things were just getting settled down, thanks to Toby, who sat beside her bed. Maggie was a strong-willed woman, but Toby had a knack for getting her to see reason. She was a pretty strong woman, in her own right. She was a reporter for the tabloid paper, the Daily Star. Working for a tabloid, a reporter had to be strong to be taken seriously. Sixty percent of people tend to think tabloid papers were nothing more than fiction articles. With that high of a percentage against her occupation, the only way to get respect was to demand it.

That was why the two of them seem to hit it off so well; they had a lot of common. At the same time, though, it also resulted in a lot of conflicts between the two of them. Somehow, they had managed to make it work this long.

?There you are, Mags. Lying down on the job, I see,? Dan Turpin entered the hospital room with a warm smile.

Maggie was glad to see him, but she was the type of person who never smiled. Toby was the only one who had ever had the honor of seeing a smile on her face. ?Some days you?re the windshield, and some days you?re the bug. I take it Superman wiped the city with our ugly little friend??

?Not precisely,? Turpin replied with a shrug. ?Actually, he got away.?

?Got away? Superman just let him walk away like nothing happened??

?Hey, take it easy on the big guy,? Turpin retaliated. ?That thing proved to be a challenge even for the big man. That thing was nearly wiping the city with him.?

?So what?s next??

?You are going to relax for awhile. Lois Lane and I have a hunch and we want to follow that lead.?

?Dan, it?s not a good idea to bring a civilian into an investigation. I thought we learned that lesson already.?

?You know her,? Turpin frowned. ?She?s the one that brought up the theory. Trying to stop her from investigating it now, would be like trying to stop a train at full throttle.?

?What?s the theory?? she asked.

?I think there is a possible link between that half-human thing, John Corben, and Lex Luthor.?

?It would be great if it all tied together, but I don?t see how.?

?You don?t worry about that,? Turpin replied. ?You get some rest. If she gives you a hard time, Miss Rains, you have my permission to tie her to her bed.?

?You have my word,? Toby smiled.

?I?m serious, captain; I don?t want to see you for a couple of days. I can handle the streets of Metropolis until then.? Turpin turned around and exited out of the room.

Maggie looked at Toby, beside her. ?He?s going to get himself killed.?

Metallo escaped from Superman purely by luck. He did not retreat because he was losing, but because he saw no way of winning. They were so evenly matched; the fight could go on forever. He needed time to understand his opponent, and discover any weaknesses he may have.

Having fallen into the abandoned subway tunnel underneath Metropolis, it would have been hard to escape, but luck had favored him. After throwing the hero out of the hole, he discovered a hidden steal door. He pried the rusted door open to discover this amazing undergr

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Nice wind down chapter from the fight, but at the same time, you keep up the suspense and thrill in the story. Very well done.

20. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    thanks, but don't get too calm, things are about to pick up again! Hehehe!

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 25: To the Rescue

Ever since the fight, earlier in the day, questions began to plague Clark?s mind. He could not help but feel that Lex Luthor?s name would somehow come up in his investigation. There were a lot of coincidences that led up to the android?s first appearance. Since he knew Lex more than most people in Metropolis, he figured he would be able to find any links between him and the android; if any were to be found.

One of the biggest connections he made was that the android?s body was possibly made of the same metal as the military prototype at the Lexcorp demonstration, a few days ago. He had fought both of them, and found both metals difficult to damage. That was enough to convince Clark of Lex's involvement with the android. However, there was no way of informing Lieutenant Turpin without exposing himself; and he needed more concrete evidence to present.

What he needed to do was to find a way to tie everything together. There were three events in the last few days: the prototype malfunctioning, John Corben?s death, and the appearance of the android. Based on his experience, he knew Lex was tied to the android, but how did John Corben fit in all of this?

That was where Clark had to focus his investigation. The first part of his investigation was to find out what really happened to John Corben after the demonstration. For that, he looked into past newspapers for the past two days. His search did not take him long, at all. He ran into an article about a car malfunctioning out onto a busy road. The car was hit by an incoming semi truck. The victim was believed to be John Corben, who was wanted by the MPD and the MSCU. He was taken to Metropolis Central Hospital and was declared dead upon arrival.

That article was what brought Clark to the hospital. He walked up to the receptionist, who was busy filing her nails instead of her job. ?May I help you?? She asked in her nasally voice.

?Yes, my name is Clark Kent of the Daily Planet. I am curious to know if a man by the name of John Corben was brought here recently.?

?Are you related to the patient?? She asked dryly with a raised eyebrow.

?No, and he is not a patient. I am following up on a report that his body was brought to this hospital. Can I talk to someone who can confirm that report??

?I?m sorry, but, unless you are a relative or with the law enforcement, we are not allowed to disclose medical information with you, especially if you are with the press."

?I understand,? Clark replied. He exited out of the lobby, not willing to push the matter. If he came across as too pushy, he may inadvertently alert Lex that he was onto him. This now left him with only two options: let Lieutenant Turpin investigate his lead, or find a young hacker that could hack into the system. What it came down to was, if he wanted to handle this as Clark Kent or Superman?

As Clark Kent, he was limited in his resources. There was only so much Lieutenant Turpin would allow for a ?citizen? to assist in an investigation this big. As Superman, trying to go after Lex alone may isolate himself from the law enforcement. He wanted to have a working relationship with Lieutenant Tupin and Inspector Henderson of the MPD.

No, he had to keep a proper balance of Clark Kent and Superman in this investigation. He had to keep Turpin into the loop, which means he was going to have to get his help investigating this lead.

His attention was stolen by the distant sound of sirens echoing through the streets. Something big was happening in the city. He concentrated his hearing sense to listen to any sound that was out of the ordinary. Anything that was normal, he blanked it out of his hearing. He quickly pinpointed Lois Lane's voice crying for help.

?A super man's work is never done,? Clark said to himself. He tore open his button down shirt, to reveal the giant, red ?S? on his chest.

?Release me, John! I promise you to make, whoever did this to you, to pay.? Lois urged, struggling to wiggle free from the rope that had her tied to a tree.

Metallo, as he now refer

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Very good chapter. Now along with the emotional and mental pain we've seen from Superman, we see him vulnerable physically. It is very good. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Incidentally, i just saw a documentary on Superman on History International. It was cool to see how he evolved from the early 1900's to what he is today.

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you, This trilogy, I wanted to show Superman's humanity, his trials, and his weaknesses. The comics come along way in bringing villains along to give Superman a challenge. The most famous being Darkseid. In a comparison, Darkseid is far more stronger than Superman, and 99 out of a 100 times, Darkseid would win. That is why, in the comics and other media, his appearance is big. I plan on saving him for the final story.

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I can't wait for Darkseid.....Doomsday too, I pressume he is lined up as well.......

25. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Oh yea! He has already made one cameo in this story. I am looking for a way for him to make a cameo in the second story. The third story is loaded with villains including Darkseid, his son, Doomsday, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.