Story [Superman]The Last Son of Krypton(Book 1 of 3)-- THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS HONOR!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 34: The Final Battle

When the portal to the phantom zone collapsed, General Lane stormed towards him. ?I demand to know what you just did? Was that a black hole you created?? Such technology was beyond acceptable, in his eyes. This could very well be technology that he will be forced to take away from Superman. The U.S Government will not allow a weapon that can create black holes to kill people, to be in the hands of any private citizen.

?No, I did not kill him. I sent him to what is known as the Phantom Zone. It serves kind of like a prison, but the atmosphere, there, will keep him alive and healthy, while keeping him from doing any more damage. It was the only way I could save his life.?

?Talking about saving lives, I need your help, Superman. A fellow reporter of mine, Clark Kent, has gone missing.? Lois asked, almost embarrassed that she had almost forgotten about him in all the craziness.

?Is he a tall man, kind of goofy looking, with glasses?? Superman asked.

?You?ve seen him??

?Don?t worry, Lois, he is safe. I rescued him from Lexcorp tower,? He assured her.

"So that dungeon we found was for Clark Kent, not you?" Turpin deducted. "What happend to you?"

"Metallo had me in a tight situation for awhile. I apologize to everyone for my long absence. Now, if you don?t mind, I have to stop Metallo from killing Luthor.?

?I think I know where you can find both of them,? Lois said.

Lex entered his secret hideout which he had built several years ago. Only Mercy knew of its whereabouts, but the problem was that she had become a loose cannon. How long this hideout would remain secret, he could not estimate. He did not imagine her to have loose lips right away; but then again, his faith in her had taken a massive nose dive. For now, at least, it would be safe enough to hide from the authorities, Metallo, and the defective clone.

That blasted clone had cost him everything. Somehow, he had made a mistake in trying to manipulate Superman?s DNA to create the clone. It appeared that Superman had more complex DNA than he had anticipated. He should have known as much. This was a catastrophic mistake that was costing him everything. If he could lie low long enough, he could rebound from this and rebuild his empire.

Building his secret lair down underneath Metropolis was a stroke of genius. No one ever came down to the abandoned subway tunnels, let alone search them hard enough to find secret entrances. It took many years to turn the storage rooms and parts of the tunnels into a massive penthouse-like lair.

Lex headed for his desk when his desk chair spun around. Sitting there was Metallo, and his eyes beamed straight for him. ?You have a quaint little place here. If I was fully human, I might have actually enjoyed your pool.?

?What? How did you find this place?? Lex was angry and confused. It was impossible for him to have found this hideout.

?It wasn?t all that hard,? he gloated, standing up from behind the desk. ?How I found you, really isn?t that important; what?s about to happen to you, is.?

Lex grinned; his moment of shock had disappeared as quickly as it came. ?Do you really think that you can catch me unprepared?? He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, single button control. ?All I have to do is press this button, and your Kryptonite heart gets ejected from your chest.?

Metallo ceased his approach. The human half of his face clearly showed disdain towards Lex. He should have known Lex would have something up in his sleeve.

?Now, I would much rather you refocus your attention towards killing Superman, but if you come any closer to me, I will not hesitate in shutting you down. I created you and I can destroy you.?

?The boy scout will die by my hands, in my own time. You, on the other hand, have a much shorter life expectancy. You are already passed your expiration date.?

?It?s a pity,? Lex replied dryly. ?After everything I have done for you, you spit in my face. I suppose I should be able to find another way of Killing Superman.?

Lex pressed the button on the remote.
  2. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    =D= Awesome. Did not see Luthor's death coming. Very great chapter.
  3. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 35: The Finally

Clark was glad when the Funeral service was over. Few even bothered to show up to the funeral. When it came to friends, Clark was alone. Business associates were scared to show up, for fear of being tied to some of Lex?s illegal activities. If it was up to Lois, she would not have come, either. She was only here for emotional support. Lex's ex-wife, Rachel, and her eight year old son, had come to the funeral, despite her undying hatred for the man.

As soon as the priest had finished his eulogy, the small crowd began to disperse. Clark and Lois slowly made their way away from the casket. ?Thank you Lois, for coming with me.? Clark said, pushing his glassed back up the bridge of his nose.

?It?s no problem. I just wanted to make sure that he didn?t rise from the grave or anything like that. You never know when or where the next great story will fall on your lap.?

Clark laughed. ?I hear that you are already working on your next big piece.?

?It's more like my next mission. Do you realize how Superman always seems to be there whenever trouble rears its ugly head??

?I?ve heard that?,? Clark replied. ?What about it??

?For him to be able to do that, he must be hiding out in plain sight. Do you really think he?s just sitting at a coffee table waiting for the next crime to be committed??

?Well, I??

?Of course not,? Lois replied, not giving Clark the chance to offer his opinion. ?I think he?s hiding in plain sight.?

?In plain sight??

?I think he hides among us, disguised as one of us,? Lois smiled.

?You mean, you think Superman has a secret identity?? Clark replied with a grin on his face.

?I would stake my career on it. I?m going to make it my, personal, mission to discover his secret identity.?

?Gee, Lois, I?m not sure Superman would want his identity to be revealed to the world. Perhaps he has a really good reason for having one in the first place.?

?Perhaps,? Lois replied. ?I might consider changing his name on paper if I have to, but I?m doing this more so for personal reasons rather than professional.?

?Well then, I wish you luck on your mission,? Clark replied. He looked over to the casket to see Rachel and her son still standing there. ?If you will excuse me Lois, I want to give my condolence.?

?Go ahead. I need to be heading back to work anywhere. Catch ya later, Clark.? Lois made her way out of the graveyard to a cab that was waiting for her.

Clark chuckled. Only Lois Lane would show up to a funeral in a taxi cab. He turned around and returned to the casket where the former Mrs. Luthor and her son remained. Clark had never gotten to meet Rachel; the falling out between Lex and himself had started long before she was even in the picture. That did not stop him from feeling sorry for her and her son. ?You may not know me, but my name is Clark Kent. I was a good friend of Lex?s back in elementary school. I just wanted to say, that I?m sorry for your loss.?

She looked at him with a curled upper lip. ?The man was trash. I don?t know how he was when you knew him, but he was a complete jerk. The only reason I?m here is for my son, Lex Junior, who was still fond of him.?

?I understand,? Clark replied and knelt down to the red head eight year old that stood underneath her shadow. ?I?m sorry about your Father. I used to know him when he was your age.?

The boy was a splitting image of his father, except for the red hair. It appeared that Lex?s Hallermann-Streiff syndrome had not been passed down to him. Perhaps he would have a much better life than his father ever had.

Lex Jr. did not look up at him, but Clark could clearly see a hatred burning in his eyes. ?Superman killed him. Superman killed my dad. I hate him! I hate him!?

The boy carried the Luthor gene alright. Clark was heartbroken to see this young boy already starting to walk down the same road as his father. He could only pray that somehow the boy would avoid the same pitfalls that his father had fallen into. With a loving mother raising him, perhaps there was still hope.

A large crowd had shown up to the Metr
  4. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Excellent.=D= I can't wait for the next pert of the trilogy.
  5. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
  6. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just wanted to send out a a heart felt thank you for nominating this story for most underrated story of 2011!
  7. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you so much for making this story a winner for Most Underrated story. It was a two-way tie, and I am honored to have this story as one of the two winners.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.