superman

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by captainjack77, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainjack77 Jedi Youngling

hi all how do does everyone feel about the new superman movie just seen the trailer for it and got to say im not to convinced hopeing it going to be good but have my doubts.same as the new spin off star wars tv series just dont want it to be as bad as the young indiana jones series.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    :eek:

A lot of the Young Indie shows were good

The new Superman looks like it won't be hugely different from the rest, therefore its in danger of becoming repetitive and predictable

But maybe they can pull it off
  3. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    there are quite a few of us here absolutley bursting for this film to come out! i'm more excited about this than i was for revenge of the sith!! check out the superman thread on the regional board, right here , for some great links about it! everytime i see the trailer i get goosepimples. i don't see how the return of superman can fail :D
  4. HunkyEvil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Seriously?! Geeze.. I always thought Superman was extreme poopy. Maybe this movie will change my mind
  5. rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah the prob i always had with superman is they could never do spectacular effects at the time - but now they have CGI!!!

i hope it will be a lot better
  6. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    How/Why is Marlon Brando in it? :eek:
  7. Happy Ninja Jedi Knight

star 6
    Because he is the ******* man! And what he does is GOSPEL!!! :D
  8. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I dunno, I never thought much to Streetcar Named Desire. I guess he is like Jesus though, coming back from the dead to make one last film. Why he chose Superman, I don't know. [face_peace]
  9. HunkyEvil Jedi Knight

star 3
    Haha.. Now my Bible knowledge is shady.. but did he really make one last film?! ;)

This sounds interesting with Brando though.. How is it possible?!

EDIT: Bad speeling. Speeling. Yes.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    Its called voice recording :p

They recorded his voice from Superman 1 and played it in the new Superman movie
  11. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So, is this a sequel then?
  12. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    Well, there have been other Superman movies

I think this is set between 1 & 2, but I'm not sure
  13. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    my understanding is that it is set after superman 2, and they have ignored superman 3 and 4 because they were crapola. so yeah, it's a sequal of sorts.
  14. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So it's set in the 70's then?
  15. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    possibly. i haven't really read through any of the sites that are linked to in the supes thread that i linked to earlier on this page so i couldn't say for sure. i just look at the pictures :p
  16. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    It might be set in the 70's

After all, they have Marlon Brando & a guy who looks remarkably similar to Christopher Reeve, so they might as well do the rest :p
  17. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah, I guess it wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't...

I will reserve judgement on this film until I see it, but the trailer was good.
  18. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    OK, as far as I know, this is a semi-sequel to the 1980 Superman II. Storyline is that Superman has been away from Earth for the last 5 years searching for information on his world and people in space.

He has now returned (hence the title Superman Returns) to a world that has learnt to get along without him.

So, if they decide to continue on the direct storyline, then this would be set sometime in the mid-80s, however I don't think they are going to do that. The idea with the films is that Superman Returns will build on the established continuity of the first two films, without drawing directly on the visual styles/elements of the originals. Hence the new suit design etc.
  19. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    orn_free_tada posted a link to the theatrical trailer on the regional board (for those who don't/haven't ventured that way) and OMG!! it's awesome! i am so hyped for this film!!

check it out
  20. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling

star 3
    WOOO! :D

I no longer care how it contnues from any other films, so long as it's as good as that trailer makes it seem! [face_hypnotized]
  21. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I just got goose bumps on my arms!
  22. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4

QFT!
  23. jangofett9 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow...Kevin Spacey emulating Hackman so well but with a creepier edge...."go on say it".....Genius!!!:eek:=P~
  24. rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master

star 4
    i think the fanmade trailer was better tbh!!!

and i hate the way it goes from gun fire to quiet and then that guy talking. its not smooth. It looks awesome tho :D

25. Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan

star 4

that's done for dramatic effect :p , and it totally works :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.