Supermegafest 2005 (Thanks everyone...over $400 raised for CF!)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure most of you know by now...Nov. 19 & 20 (weekend before Thanksgiving) at the Sheraton Framingham.

I started the thread because the first guests have been announced, and for those of you who are disappointed that Peter Mayhew will not be at CauldronCon, I'm happy to report that he will be one of the Supermegafest guests. I'm pretty sure more will be announced as the event draws nearer. :D
  2. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I may just ahead to see the lovely Stacy Kielber. lol Actually I think the event sounds interesting and I never knew that there were held in the area. I would like to see Mayhew. I saw him at C3 a few times, but never got to see him up close and talk to him. Each time I saw him he seemed like he was either major league stoney or drunk. My bud said that is his normal behavior and I was like that could be, but I bet his has done his fair share. lol
  3. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    READS and thinks :[face_shame_on_you]
    re-reads to make sure reading correctly....clentches fist and very, VERY slowly opens hand ...releases the anger of said words and thus avoids the dark-side of posting/ and being banned -- like i wish quoted person would be :

So here goes my reply ...

so when you do meet him will you apologize for this rude as crap posting of yours ????

since you " , but never got to see him up close and talk to him ... how do you know it was actually him ??? do you have PETER MAYHEW radar on you ???

no offense but your friend dont know #*^& .. and knows even less than that ... and most likely never met him either !!!!!

So, to those that have not talked to or KNOW any of the actors.. I "KINDLY ASK" that you watch what you say ... as SOME OF US.. know them more than you and have even had dinner with a few of them .. .one or two more frequently, than others ...

I do not post this as a mean posting:rolleyes: ... I just ask that you don't talk @&*% like above when you do not know them at all ....

I personally know that Peter was running around at CIII doing ALOT of stuff, as he does at all the conventions he does ...

SO please I PLEAD with you all.... DO NOT talk the way it is above this posting... EVER AGAIN ... we are here as FANS of the SW universe.. not as people who are INSINUATING that others do this or that in their lifetime.... and I think you owe PETER an apology on this thread ... but that is juts my thought.. and please think before you post things on a forum, they do get back to those talked about when they do look at these sites...

NOW let us get this thread BACK ON TOPIC .... [:D]

I will be there as will many of my friends... hope to see you all there.. if not sooner.
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to take the time to apologize for my posting. I realize that my comment was out of place. I never meant it in a bad/negative fashion. I will say my first impression was off the mark about Peter. I saw him several times roaming the halls and during the opening cermonies of C3. Each time I saw he acted very excited to be there, which I took as something else. A friend of mine who has seen him, got his autograph, and talked to him said he very friendly, nice, and gets very excited at these things (C3). It definitely showed each and every time I saw him. Which was very true especially when the fans were going nuts he fed off of that and got more excited. It is hard to miss a 7'+ guy jumping/skipping around waving his arms right in front of you when you have 1000s of fans screaming for him. I did get a couple of birds eyes views and I can picture it vividly. The whole experience,C3, was very interesting to say the least.

I wasn't trying to be mean by my comment. I was just saying my first impression, which was based on past experience and was a generalization. It was ignorance on my part. I wasn't trying to discredit him or make him out as something he is not. I know that most people think I am a shy and unfriendly person when they first meet me. Well the shy part is right until I get to know you. The unfriendly part comes in because the expression on my face doesn't change much. That changes once I get to know some one.

Once again I do apologize for my comment.

In the future I will make sure to watch what I say. I can see how someone can get offended by comments that I make. I do on occassion make comments that might not come out the way I intend them to. If anyone has a question or comment on them please let me know. Either in a private message or posting.
  5. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    Jorge,

I thank you for taking the time and realizing that what was said was inappropriate, and not right for posting... I, for one, hope to hear stories from you in person about CIII, as I was working most of the con, as volunteer. I will not be doing so for CIV to say the least...

back on thread ... I will only be at the convention on saturday. Hopefully debuting my XWING outfit for Rebel Legion.
  6. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Aye carrumba! Joyce DeWitt? What's the matter, the guy wo played Enos in the original Dukes of Hazzard wasn't available?

Actually, the most depressing local "celebrity" appearance I ever saw was at one of those "Collectible Extravaganza's" that used to take place here back in the early 90's I saw Gil 'Buck Rogers' Gerard at one and he was sitting at a card table (no tablecloth) in a track suit eating a Subway sub while signing autographs.

All I could think was "Beedee beedee beedee, poor Buck." :(
  7. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    IMHO, that respose was just as (if not more than) out of line as the original post. I appreciate the fact that you want to speak up for the celebs and have had dinner with them, but the tone of the response was just not needed. The fact that you had to state it wasn't a "mean post" should tell you something...along with the underlining, bold and caps used.
    Having see Peter many times before I could understand someone's impression of him may come that way, that's just how he is, very laid back. Some celebs (not mentioning any names *cough*BDW*cough) have a rep for sometimes showing up late and/or in some type of stupor.
  8. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    Dex,

Jorge, talked to me by PM, and I replied. There is no hate between us at all... I was just trying to explain that the post is not the image we want others seeing us post.

I was trying to quote his post, and explain the points of my concern. Saying something on forum boards is hard to explain the way one does in person, with hand gestures, and emphasis of words with tone.. on here it can very easily be misunderstood.

My post was one, of concern and explanation. By using the BOLD, and UNDERLINE I tried to emphaasize certain words used.. to get a point across.. on my concerns... not as a means on say grabbing someone by throat and holding them to wall in fear.

I think by meeting me before that you would know, that I am NOT that kind of JEDI...

I think roseanna can explain this more than I can, as I called her cell and left a oncerned message before Jorge's reply was made...

Let us all step back and await our CR's posting on this to clear the air, as it were...

THANK YOU all for listening, and I really REALLY look forward to seing you all again soon.

9. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Update to the guest list...Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) has been added. Also confirmed to be participating are the gang from the 501st's New England Garrison. :D
  10. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)
    Cool! :)
  11. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    What is the date for the con?
  12. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Its the weekend before Thanksgiving. I may attend this one. I am looking forward to Wizard World Boston and the SW exhibit at the Science Musuem in Oct.
  13. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    I am looking forward to Wizard World Boston and the SW exhibit at the Science Musuem in Oct.
    Same here, both look like fun. :)
  14. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought I posted that, buster. Nov. 19 & 20, which would be the weekend before Thanksgiving.
  15. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry to arrive so late here. It looks like Jorge and Justin worked things out. Both posts were borderline in my opinion but all seems fine now, so let's group hug and move on.

[:D] *group hug* [:D]

I'm hoping we can get involved in Super Megafest at the level we were last year. It was a dual meet for Boston and Providence. We raised a ton of money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and sponsored a guest that definitely helped bring traffic to our table. Next week I'm going to begin the process of getting in touch with the promoters again to discuss our plans for the con. I'll post here again once I have some more information. It's likely we'll have to raise money for our table again, so start planning ahead for that now if you're so inclined. ;)

16. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds like fun to get involved again. :)
  17. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Added today: The original Boba Fett...Jeremy Bullock. This is shaping up as one great con barring cancellations. =P~
  18. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to put in for that weekend off. I doubt I'll get it because it's super busy around that time, but I really want to come back up for this. I had a blast last time!
  19. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nov. 19,20 got it! Defintely marking that one on the calendar.
  20. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    need reaper to come also !!! lots of fun last year ... more this year ..

21. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    bumping up the post so FF can remember to get cracking on this event...

I will most likely be busy with RL table.... and also the 501st one this year....

22. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for bumping this Justin. The promoters have been contacted, and I'll let you all know when I hear back from them.
  23. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Count me in for this, I had a blast last year!
  24. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hello EVERYONE!!

Sign me up!! Just let me know if there is anything I can help you guy's with this year. I had a great time last year as well. I know this year we will have a couple guy's from the group with me. So just let us know what you need. I may have a couple thing again this year you can use for rund raising like last year.

SeeYa!!
    TK

May the Force be with you all...... :)
  25. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi TK! I'll definitely be in touch with you once I know more about what we're doing. To update everyone else, I just sent another email to the promoters after no response to the first one. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.