Supermegafest 2005 (Thanks everyone...over $400 raised for CF!)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well that was fast! I just heard back from one of the promoters. Same deal as last year: $100 for the table which includes 6 passes. I'm going to start the fund-raising now with my own $10 contribution. Last year this was a general FanForce table as we received donations from all over the place. Fundraising should be considerably easier this year as I'm not going to ask you guys to pay for Joe's plane ticket again. As great as it was for all of us to have him here last year, and as much as I'd love to have him hear again, that's at least another $200 to raise which doesn't seem feasible at this point. I wish the promoters would've acted on their desire to have him there again sooner before the rest of their budget was spent.

Supermegafest Table Donations:
    Roseanna - $10

If you are able to donate please add your name to the list with the amount you can contribute. This is entirely voluntary and any help will be appreciated. You can pay me via cash in person, mail me a check/money order, or PayPal me. As soon as I see you add your name/contribution to the list I will PM you details for those methods of payment.

I'm mailing in the payment today, so I'd really like to get the donations completed ASAP before we start any other planning for the show. Thanks in advance! :)
  2. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I've already started a donation pile at home. Got some good stuff so far too. :D
  3. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I should be able to chip in $10, but don't hold me to it just yet. A lot depends on how much I'll be advanced for "walking around" money Saturday.
  4. PadmeSusyQ Jedi Knight

star 1
    count me in for $20. I will be with the alderaan base table costuming but the more star wars folks the better and it will be a blast to see folks again :)
  5. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be able to contribute to this. I sent you a PM about Roseana before I saw this. lol I could also help man the table depending on how things go with my plans for my family that weekend. They ar coming in from OH that weekend and my brother and I are going to the MOS on Sat morning and then will probably head to Framingham for Megafest.
  6. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    count me in for 10.00 also ... as I want to help pay for RL stuff also .....
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you all for being so generous! :) Here's the list so far:

Roseanna - $10
    Susan - $20
    Jorge - $30
    Justin - $10

That's $70, so we're almost there. There are probably people who haven't seen my posts on this yet so I'm confident we'll reach our goal pretty quickly!

To get you all thinking a little more about the show, I think we're just going to go ahead with a similar fundraiser this year. Last year we made up two overflowing baskets full of random Star Wars items to raffle. So it would be great if you could all start setting aside possible donations to that now (assuming you have extra Star Wars stuff laying around - people sure seemed to last year!) and posting what you plan on donating so we can keep track of how full the baskets are. If you have a large gift basket or two that you could donate, that would be awesome too! I had to buy our baskets last year and let me tell you, they weren't nearly as cheap as I had hoped they'd be! :p

Right after I post this I'll be sending you guys PMs with payment instructions. Thanks again! :)

EDIT: Richie, I just left you off the list for now since you weren't sure. :)
  8. PadmeSusyQ Jedi Knight

star 1

Excellent!!! I have several small and large baskets to donate. I used to collect them but I am uncluttering the house of Non-Star Wars stuff to make room for more Star Wars stuff :)

I'll send pictures and dimensions later this week so you can let me know which ones might work when you have the list of items to put in them.

Alternatively, I can just bring a few baskets and leave the ones you don't need in the car. Feels like I'll be driving the van that day :)

I also have my Vader and R2 Soda coolers you could fill with candy or something if you like. Something to think about. More pics to post later :)
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    The bigger the better when it comes to the baskets! And the candy sounds like a great idea - especially with the Star Wars Halloween candy that's out right now!
  10. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    Put me down for 10 cash duckets towards the table. If it looks like its going to come up short let me know.
  11. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Assuming Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew actually makes it to Supermegafest, we can be among the first fans to congratulate him on becoming an American citizen. Details found here. [face_flag]
  12. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Jeff :)

Roseanna - $10
    Susan - $20
    Jorge - $30
    Justin - $10
    Jeff - $10

The kind CR from Maine has also indicated that he would be making a donation, so a big thank you to him as well. This is coming together quicker than I thought it would! :D
  13. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll bring this up with the NJO. I think we're going to attend like we did last year.

I'm thinking about postponing my move to Colorado just to attend again and to say goodbye to you guys. Instead of leaving on the 16th, I'll leave that Monday or Tuesday.
  14. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be wonderful to have you guys up here again - especially you, Marie. I'm going to miss you so much. :(
  15. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't pass up another opportunity to hang out with you guys. I'm going to miss you a lot, Ro.
  16. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Put me down for $10 as well :)
  17. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Rats

Carrie Fisher is at national con that weekend. :( Our group is trying to plan something there that same weekend maybe next time! :)
  18. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Foxboro will help to donate to the Fan Force Table as well.

Put us down for $20.00 and I think I will have some Star Wars and other stuff to possibly donate for any fundraising for charity.

19. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    huh ?? WHY ??? move to Colorado ??? nnoooooooo .. we will miss you but I will see you on regular basis I hope at DragonCon each Sept.
  20. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe with Foxboro's $20, that puts us over the top, so instead of chipping in toward the table, I'll look into getting a collection of Pez dispensers for the gift baskets. :D
  21. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    The only Star Wars Pez dispensers I could find on the Pez online store were the pricey crystal ones, so I tried Ebay. I wanted to get a lot, but found I was being outbid even @ the $15 level on a lot of 14 (10 in package, 4 loose) that ended today, so I decided to just staff the table when I go...I want to put a DVD burner in this machine & need to save up for that.
  22. PadmeSusyQ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I scored a handful of PEZ dispensers last night at Newberry Comics in Avon. They were clearing out the little ones to make wall space for bigger toys. :-D I'll bring those along with any extra BBKing toys I still have left over from the summer promo.
  23. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Roseanna,

How goes with you? I can't wait to see everyone at the show. If you could drop me an email. I have some stuff for you guy. lol I sure a can get you what ever you need to finish up the loose ends on the table funds. ;)

SeeYa!
    TK

P.S. Is Joe going to be making the show this year? It would be awesome to see him again.
  24. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the Rebel Legion and 501st will have some form of representation at the SuperMegaFest this year, but outside of those members is anyone else planning on going in costume? Due to the cancelled Halloween party I have a burning desire to strap that Jedi costume of mine on :D
  25. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have a costume and I doubt that my brother would want to be seen with me if I did. lol So I will be in normal street cloths and taking pics of the costumes. Who knows I may be on a mission to find the most "unique" costume. lol I know I saw a bunch of them at C3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.