main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2005 (Thanks everyone...over $400 raised for CF!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I am going to do everything I can to be there that weekend, lots to do before the holiday though, hope to finally get to meet the people I havent yet

Oh by the way Brooks pharmacy has a healthy does fo Star Wars Pez available from what i saw the other day

Hope to see you all there !!

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey guys - sorry to not be posting in this thread recently. We really need to get moving on the rest of our planning! Where in the world did October go? I can't believe it's November already. I swear it feels like September was yesterday.

I'm going to organize my thoughts on this tonight and tomorrow and post soon. :)

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    The time has definitely flown by lately. I can't believe it is Nov and there has been snow in the area. lol

I am looking forward to Super Megafest. I should be there on Sat unless my brother decides he doesn't want to go then I probably won't be there. If I end up going I know I will definitely make it over to the table for a lil while.

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Got a question about this year's raffle. Has any decision been made yet as to which charity will be receiving the proceeds? Wasn't sure if we were going with the same charity again or if we had wanted to go another direction.

5. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    a bunch of the events that the Rebel Legion and 501st have been doing recently this year... have had the money going to MAKE A WISH foundation in memory of KATIE JOHNSON ...

for more info on katie see www.forkatie.org she passed away just after MAW sent the family to Disney for a final huge good time.

makes me glad the charity auction I did that is getting me into OUTBOUND FLIGHT by Timothy Zahn was for MAW foundation .....

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'd prefer to stick with the same charity (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) if that's ok with everyone - since it's a great organization and we already have credibility with them since we donated last year.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sounds good to me Rosie. I was just asking out of curisoity. If we were considering other options, I had one that I was going to suggest, that's all.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Oaky, Here's a list of what I've collected so far for the basket(s):

- ROTS Yoda figure
    - Clonetrooper PEZ dispenser
    - SW Hallmark Ornament
    - SW EP1/Taco Bell cup (Sebulba)
    - Red lightsaber spoon
    - 2 mini puzzles (R2/3PO & Yoda)
    - 2 BK toys (Ewok & Tarrful)

I think that's it, If I remember anything else I'll repost.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I have a Celebration III Darth Vader for the raffle.

I have a few more things I will let you know what I find.

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I am now unsure of my ride situation. I'd like to go that Sunday, but PadmeSusyQ is only going that Saturday morning and I don't know if Justin (JEDIMASTER6872) would be willing to take me. If there's anyone from around the Brockton area who is going, please get in touch w/ me (PM is fine) so we can try to arrange something.

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    If anyone can help Richie out, please post or let him know otherwise. I'd help if I had a car. :(

Ok, my updates/questions:

1) What I have for the raffle basket - a Best Buy Exclusive Unleashed Darth Vader. Hehehe, jealous, aren't you? Just remember that FanForce members are allowed to buy raffle tickets too. ;) And I will also throw in my Episode III DVD, which is still sealed. I can live without it for a while yet. :)

2) Could everyone please post what days/times they plan on being there? I just want to get an idea of who will be around.

3) I will be posting shortly with a list of all donations (monetary and otherwise) indicated so far. Please post if you see something incorrect or if you have something to add!

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Alright, the donations list:

MONETARY

Roseanna - $10
    Susan - $20
    Jorge - $30
    Justin - $10 (not paid)
    Jeff - $10
    Kevin (Maine CR) - $20
    Meriwyn - $10 (not paid)

I know that puts us over the top, so Justin or Meri, since you haven't paid yet, if you want to take your $10 donations and turn it into something else helpful (more raffle items maybe?), just let me know!

RAFFLE ITEMS

Roseanna: Unleashed Vader, RoTS DVD

Mike DW: ROTS Yoda figure, Clonetrooper PEZ dispenser, SW Hallmark Ornament, SW EP1/Taco Bell cup (Sebulba), Red lightsaber spoon, 2 mini puzzles (R2/3PO & Yoda), 2 BK toys (Ewok & Tarrful)

Chris: C3 Vader

Susan: 2 large baskets, extra BK toys & PEZ

TK - posters

We can always use more because the better our baskets, the better the response will be and the more money we will raise for our charity. I still have the leftover tickets from last year. Does someone have a cool Star Wars container that we could use to put the tickets in this year? Last year's box was pretty lame, hehe. Also, does anyone have any sort of cash box that we could use to keep our money more organized? Would make it easier to give change and such.

There will be three different kinds of sales going on at our table: raffle tickets, posters, and t-shirts. TK has generously offered to bring all sorts of different movie posters (including Star Wars, like last year), the sales of which will go directly to our charity. Meri, do you still have the posters left from last year?

As for t-shirts, this is important - that money doesn't go to our charity. It goes to ME. Not to sound greedy, but I put up $400 of my own money (or rather, my Discover Card did) to fund the production of those shirts so all the extras I have sitting here are money I don't have. I will bump the t-shirt thread today with a list of the sizes and colors I have left in case anyone else here is interested in getting one before I release them to the public. When selling shirts at the table everyone will need to keep track of what gets sold so I can take out that amount from all money collected. The shirts were extremely popular last year so I'm hoping to clear out all my stock! Remember, you can still order white shirts from our Cafe Press store anytime (albeit of lower quality but not terrible, and fairly cheap). I'm hoping that at some point in the future we can do a new t-shirt, but that's a discussion for another time. :)

I *think* that's everything I had to say for now. Please post! This is coming up very very very soon!! :)

13. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I plan on being there from open to close on both days.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I plan on being there most of the day on Sat. Never been to this con I never knew this one existed. I only heard of a couple different cons. I didn't even know there were Celebrations until I joined a lil SW group on yahell. lol Then I ended up at C3 and meeting some of those folks.

I should have a couple things for the auction not sure yet maybe a couple Titanium series ships and a couple Mpire Ornaments since I bought a few extras when I saw them at a Mejiers store in Ohio when I was back home for Memorial Day weekend.

On the raffles can members go in on them? I might go in on the DV Unleashed if it is one I need. lol

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    chewy

Last year, when we did the raffle, what we had was divided into two baskets, one of which was raffled off each day. If you're really intent on winning that DV Unleashed, try talking Rosie (starwarschick14) into putting it into the Saturday basket. ;)

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Roseanna if you are having a basket each day I can donate an additional CIII Vader.
    I should have a few more items to bring I just have to go through my stuff this Sunday, once I get back from Maine.

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Rosie?If you're still in need of buckets/baskets/containers for all of the stuff, Toys R Us is selling giant ROTS tins (bucket sized) with I believe popcorn in them. Not really sure what the price is, but it's an option if needed.

Oh, and I also found an unopened box of AOTC TCG in my collection that I'll be adding to the auction.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like I'll be there on Saturday. If I am sans children I'll offer up an hour or so of my time to sit at the table so someone can get up and stretch their legs a bit.

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    If I remember my French correctly, it's sans enfants. :p

19. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    sorry CR.... RL(Real Life, Not Rebel Legion) got in way of me doing that earlier... things have been messed up here lately and I am tryig to re-center myself in life... Deal with things as they are.. and continue on... I hope to be able to get a few things for the basket... I will give ya something towatds it .. just dont know hwat yet ....

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Alright this is what I have confirmed for the charity raffle
    (2) Celebration III Darth Vader
    (2) Chase Burger King Vader from summer promotion.
    (2) Burger King watches

I will probably have a bunch of other small stuff too maybe as give away for the kiddies and some stuff for the older fans.

I will bring some refreshments along too mostly water and sodas.
    If anyone has anything they can bring along let me know so I don?t bring double of it.

I also will have my Epic Duels game so we can have a tournament while at the convention.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'll bring along a dozen donuts or a box of Munchkins on Saturday morning.

Rosie, LMK if you need any mini banners done up for the raffles or anything else at the table. All I would need from you is the exact verbage you would want on it/them.

UPDATE: Alrighty, it looks like I will be there sans enfants (happy Richie :p) ;) so I'd be more than willing to put an hour or two in at the table. I should be there around 10:30 and plan on staying until 4:00. I'd like to stay the whole day as well as for any after hour plans, but my wife has to work Saturday night.

Rosie, someone over at Rebelscum had posted a thread about the convention so I took a minute and gave everyone over there a heads up about our table, t-shirts and raffle baskets. Hopefully that will help draw a few more people our way.

22. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Sorry Rosie that's my fault, I wasn't sure how you wanted to be paid (check or PayPal), but in any case, I do have some things for the raffle basket so I will bring those up as well.

See you guys soon!

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I posted this on Foxboro and would like other chapters' opinions and input on a flyer for the convention.

Here is what I started with:

I started writing this on my ride up to Maine this past weekend.
    I thought it might be good to put a flyer to learn about fanforce.

What is Fan Force?

Well it is a gathering of STAR WARS fans of course, but we are not only just about Star Wars.

We meet about once a month a go out for group outing.
    Sometimes it is a movie, a picnic , a cookout, trips to amusement parks, special events like conventions, such as the one you are at right now.

And many other fun and entertaining places.

Many of us all went to Celebration III which was the official STAR WARS convention this past April in Indianapolis.

What is most important about Fan Force I believe is the friendships that are forged along the way.

We communicate on TheForce.Net forum boards.
    These are message boards to which we use to discuss and keep in contact with one another about a multitude of subjects.
    There are forums about movies, sports, politics, music, collectibles , costuming, books, video games, art, comic books, fan made films, fan fiction writing, conventions, television, radio, and much much more.

The use of these message boards is at no cost to you just register, agree to the rules as a user and then your off to a local, regional, national, and worldwide universe of people, places, and new friendships.

We welcome you to post on the message boards and to join anyone of our local Fan Forces.

If you think anything needs to be added or omitted please post.

Thanks
    Chris

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I just wanted to post quickly that I may not be attending Supermegafest this weekend. Something unexpected happened last night and I may be heading back to OH on Thursday. If I do go back I am trying to get back either late Friday night or Sat morning.

I did/do have some stuff for the auction baskets that I will bring with me if I do make it.

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Chris

What you have needs to be proofread, of course, but I think you summed up what FanForce is all about there. :D

BTW, my non-participation in Supermegafest is now official. I was hoping to hear from WifeofVader by the beginning of the week, so with no ride lined up and on learning about a special on my favorite computer parts site on a DVD burner that was too good to pass up, I went ahead and ordered the burner. It should arrive by the end of the week and I'll likely be installing it sometime this weekend. I'm going to miss seeing you guys...maybe next month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.