main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2005 (Thanks everyone...over $400 raised for CF!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

That looks very good, Chris..

One question... Are we going to have one flyer covering like all of the Fan Forces in New England? Because I started on a Maine flyer for the booth, but if we are planning one general flyer, that's cool.

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I intended the flyer to be universal for all fanforces.

I am sure that if you want to do one for Maine Fanforce, I myself don't see a problem with that. I would check with Boston and Providence about that though just to be courteous.

Just a way of showing people what we are about...and that we don't bite. [face_mischief]

So people who may already have their ideas or opinions about us as fans, and can be enlightened to what we as fans really are all about.

I don't have any graphic to really add to the flyer I don't have those resources ,but if someone wants to try and add some is fine. We can make the cutoff Friday night and I can go make copies Saturday morning before the con.

What I originally posted was a rough draft so I was hoping that someone would give it some interest and point out what needs to be done for the final draft. :)

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just a quick post about flyers (I'm not feeling well so I'll get to the other stuff tomorrow) - all FanForces are welcome to have their own flyers at the table. I also made a general FanForce flyer last year listing all the NE area FanForces on it with a link to FanForce.net. Chris, your flyer sounds great too - like I said, I'll post more about it later. :)

Migraines suck.

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Sounds good... I'll go ahead and finish my Maine one. I'll get the copies made myself and just bring them over Saturday morning. I'll be there before opening for 501st stuff, so I'll be around. Also, if you want a Stormtrooper manning the table at all during the day, I'll be up for it... Since the whole time I'll just probably be mucking around with the NEG :p

5. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey there all. Life has been crazy and I am not going to be able to make it to the Con this weekend either. I do want to get involved with all this but, life has been happening lately and it is just not possible this weekend.

Richie - I finally replied to your email... I haven't been on this Board in a sinfully long period of time. Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Good luck with everything this weekend!

K.

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Not sure if we still need some baskets for the raffle items or not, but last night as I was cleaning up my basement I came across a possibility...milk crates. Unfortunately the ones I have are old and nasty, definitely not something you'd want to be putting raffle items in. If anyone else out there has access to any that are in "decent" condition, that could be a viable possibility.

Oh, and I've also scraped up another unopened ROTS figure to add to the raffle items.

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Alright, I just finished the design for the Maine FF flyer...

http://photobucket.com/albums/a50/saber_holder/misc/?action=view&current=flyerfinal.jpg

Comments? Critiques? Now the only thing left is to find a place in town tomarrow that can make high quality color copies that won't break the bank.

8. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I like that saber_holder. I reaaly like "Star Wars the Way it Should Be" :)

I hope I can put the fanforce flyer on a disk and bring it to a print place and they will be able to do it that way.
    I don't have a printer at home. :(

We can really work on it for next time and have fancy graphics and lettering. Soory my skills in that department are lacking.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    that is a pretty cool flyer there saber.

I hope everyone has a good time on Sat. I am unable to attend had to head back to OH for a funeral. I get back Sat night and may be able to attend Sunday depending on how much work I have to do. I am hoping I can most of the cars I need to get done by noon, but who knows.

On that note how many are attending Sunday?

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice job S_H. My only suggestion would be to throw an iconic SW image in there somewhere. Maybe have the Falcon flying over the lighthouse or something? Just a though.

Chris, If the flyer is something you can email to me before 5:00PM today, I can print the flyers out for you. After that I'm going to be sans internet connection.

Unfortunately I'm only going to be there Sunday, so I won't be able to catch up with you Jorge. Hope you have a safe flight home and I'll see you at the Dec. meet.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, a couple of more updates from my end for tomorrow. Bought my ticket today :D at lunch. Had to take the wife's car in for an oil change, so I stopped off at Bedrock Comics in Framingham and picked one up. He had a few GG in the display case that I gawked at. He had the newer Han Solo, Orange Pauldron Stormie, and 3 Yoda's.

Was able to score a decent sized wicker basket for the raffle items. We are doing alot of "Fall Cleaning" here at work and I came across it in the back of the prop closet. I'll bring that along with me as well.

I also though it might be a god idea if someone who has a protable DVD player or laptop with DVD brought it along. We could pop a copy of ROTS into it to help draw interest to our table. If I had one I'd bring it, but alas my entertainment money seems to be going towards baby formula and diapers more and more ;)

Alrighty then, If I don't post again I'll see you all tomorrow!

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Thanks for the comments on the flyer. There are still some tweaks I want to do to it for future cons, but I'm out of time for working on it now. I went to the only print shop here in Scumford, and they charge $1 per color copy... So, they are being printed off here at home for the moment. Do you think 30 would be enough? It's only Maine... Most of the people there will probably be from MA, and nobody cares about Maine :p

I'm sure this has been said in the thread, but what time is the table being set up at? I'll be there before opening with the 501st, but I just want to know what time to make my way over to the table and give you guys a hand. Also, I can spare an extra MOC figure for the raffle... The rest of my figures are going to the toys for tots drive. I'll make sure to drop one off at the FF table though :)

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Jeff and I will be there around 9am. The regular opening time is 10:30am, and I think advance ticket holders are allowed in at 9:30am.

Thanks everyone for all your help. While we'll have a bit smaller of a presence this year I hope to have just as much fun and raise lots of money for the CFF. :D

Jorge, I'm sorry to hear that you have a funeral to attend. :( Hopefully we'll see you Sunday, but if not I'm sure we'll see you soon. :)

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Jim and I should be leaving the house by 8:45 or so.

I just got home at 1:30 a.m. and I need to put the spell check and copy to a floppy disk. Then get it printed.

15. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    So I just came back from the mega fest, what fun! Spent way too much money...on everything but the autographs. I couldn't do it, couldn't spend 30 dollars for an autograph...though I did spend it on toys...hmmm? Temeura Morrison is a handsome man, I do have to say...

Anyway, I digress. I had every intention of asking who everyone was at the table, but I chickened out. I did buy some raffle tix though! Did every one else have fun?

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    AnakinGirl05 I was walking around the con selling raffle tickets did you buy one from me?

Did you buy a ticket from the table? Did you identify your self by screem name?

Hope to see you there today we have another basket for raffle and come by and hang if you want. :)

17. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

The con was really great... Nice meeting and having dinner with all of you!

I got the one picture I wanted while I was there:

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/saber_holder/Stormtrooper%20armor/mejertem.jpg]

:D

And, who could forget...

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/saber_holder/misc/pfettsmall.jpg]

:p

Again, I had a great time. How did todays raffle go?

18. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I bought them at the table...I really did want to know who everyone was, but no, I didn't say me screen name...But I was there with my Anakin shirt on and all!! How was today...as good as yesterday? I wanted to go back and buy more toys, I wanted the Clone Wars figure sets...and a few other things.

It was fun to see all those other SW fans. Felt like home!!

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    As usual it was great seeing everybody on Saturday, I had a blast. Sorry for the lack of jelly-filled Munchkins ;) Out of curiosity, how much did we end up making in donation money for both days?

It was also nice meeting you saber_holder. Sorry I couldn't chat longer, but I had to get my rear-end home ASAP to watch the kids so my wife could get ready for work.

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The grand total was $423.50. I can't add and the incorrect total of $523.50 was what was announced at the end of the show Sunday. Sorry about that guys. I may go to MIT but my simple math skills can really be lacking sometimes. Still - we blew away last year's total of $350, and without the $120 contributed by Gene Ha. I'm too busy to go into further detail at the moment but I'd like to thank EVERYONE who helped out in any way for the show. It's not easy to pull something like this together and I couldn't have done it without tons of help. Your generosity and hard work is much appreciated. I'll be posting pictures and more comments later this week. :)

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    $423.50! [face_hypnotized] Sweet sassy molasses. That's fantastic! Great work everyone!

22. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Great work, guys. I wish I could've been there Sunday, but it's tough getting to places w/o your own transportation. I have changed the subject line of the thread to thank everyone and give everyone a rough idea of the total. :D

23. R2-R9

R2-R9 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    Hey I stumbled into this place.

We had fun at the show. It's a blast seeing the kids reactions.

Wish I could remeber everyone's names. It's even harder cause most of you are under helmets, lol.

I know I don't dress up, but any chance of me becoming a member?

I'd love to be able to help out.

Always nice to see some of the same friendly people, Jody, Brian, Joe, Justin and (forgive me, I don't know your name) the Jedi Lady.

Anyone actually live here in Rhode Island?

Take Care,
    Jerry Greene
    JAG435@aol.com
    R2-R9.COM

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome R2-R9.

While we do share a member or two, we are not the group of Jedis and Pilots you saw at the convention this past weekend. That brave group of freedom fighters are New England's very own chapter of the Rebel Legion. For more about them and what they're all about, you can visit their homepage at www.alderaanbase.com

Glad you had a great time at the show though and your always welcome to post here!

25. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Sounds like everyone had a great time. Glad to hear that the raffles were able to raise that amount of money. A nice round of applause is in order for everyone that helped out.

I have heard lots of good things from this con from some of buds that went and it sounds like it was a great time. I was going to attend on Sunday, but I ended up working until 3:00 pm. I needed the work distraction to keep me occupied for the crazy week I had.

Anyway how I do plan on going next year that is for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.